• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

lar ops-4

cshooter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2011
Springfield, MO
first off let me say that im a newbie and have a lot of stupid questions to ask. I have been lurking for a while and finely took the plunge to start posting

I am trying to put together my first precision rife and am ready to start on the upper. Im interested in the lar ops-4 due to it being billet and side charging my question is is there a gas piston system that will work with this bcg. all the systems I see have a bcg with them to get rid of all of the old gas system.

Re: lar ops-4

Did you try contacting LAR to see what they say? That would be a good place to start as they should know their system better than anyone else would.

JMC

You need to give Mildotz a pm, he works there, and I'm sure he can help you with your question.

edited to add: I have the OPS-4 precision operator, and it is a beauty. Mine is the 20 inch 8 twist threaded for my suppresor, and it shoots like a dream. I would definately recommend one.

why a Piston system? I use a piston for 3-gun but that upper is
usually for a precision rig at which a DI gun excels--just invest in a top-notch barrel and free-float forend

first off i have to say thanks to lagrizzly for answering my question so fast. They said they had something in the works that should be available in march. The main reason for the question was to see what was available with this upper. I really like the upper, but didn't want to necessarily limit my self for future upgrades. The more research i do tho I think that a gas piston set up would not be needed. The build is a 6.5 Grendel with 24 in. barrel. with the mane purpose being to punch paper, and some f-class comps if I ever get to that skill point. My thinking now tho is that sines it is a rifle length system, I will not necessarily see all of the benefits of a gas piston that you would see in a midd or a carbine system. please correct me if my thinking is wrong. I know the benefits of gas pistons have been debated quit heavily here lately.