• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Large case loading with a Forster CO-AX

Macmathews

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2011
Ontario . Canada
I have this press and like it.
Until its time to load 7mm Rem mag or 300 Win mag..
Its hard as hell to get the casing out of the jaws after loading !

What does everybody do with this ?
Different set of jaws or something.

Kyle

I load a couple of belted mags on the press. It is difficult to remove the case as you said. I just adjust the screw that opens the jaws the best I can and manipulate the handle till it comes out

Ok..
I thought maybe there was another set of jaws or something

Kyle

yes there is, the jaws actually have an extra large and an extra small end - while they are essential for the 338 LM case head, they will work and likely solve the issues for belted magnums

Also, lift the case straight up into the die, then tip the base towards you. If it catches at all, just push or pull the base away from the side that caught, that should release it. Works for me anyway, and I load even very long 338's on it just fine.

Also, lift the case straight up into the die, then tip the base towards you. If it catches at all, just push or pull the base away from the side that caught, that should release it. Works for me anyway, and I load even very long 338's on it just fine.
^^+1. Also screw the detent pin up farther to open the jaws

Last edited:
Well, I like my Co-Ax too, but for my friends 340 weatherby, I could not get it adjusted adequately to seat bullets -- things were just too long. Perhaps it was the combination of dies and press that I threw at it. In any case there are limitations.....