• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Large frame Mega 6.5 creed finished

B Man

Little Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2010
South side of Big River
This started last May planning this build out. Ordered a Mega large frame MML set last June and just got it last month to finish this out, it’s been a wait. Used @bigjake83 ‘s spec’s with CLE for a 22” Bartlein m110 blank, appreciate it friend. This build goes very nicely with my small frame Mega build, both equally getting me into bolt gun precision territory I was after with gassers. I’ve only shot one load in this gun so far since my wife’s precision ar (and only 6.5 creed we owned until now) favored 130 FGMM I stocked up with 700 rds of it awhile back so I have just used it so far breaking this one in. Only had it out on two range trips so far, one to break in the barrel and one to test it some. So far it hasn’t shot a group over 1 moa hovering several in the .6-.8 range and one 10 shot group .99 moa. I’ll be reusing the brass shortly to start a dedicated hand load for it. Rifle is a complete pleasure to shoot and runs so smooth with how it’s set up.
I’ll update the post again when I work up a load for it and what I can really get out of this rifle.
IMG_4920.jpeg

1EF71CC3-9484-46FD-B2AD-4ADA6CD1CE73.jpeg
09B09008-DDA5-4325-A497-B442907B5CB9.jpeg
IMG_5182.jpeg
IMG_5131.jpeg

Last edited:
This started last May planning this build out. Ordered a Mega large frame MML set last June and just got it last month to finish this out, it’s been a wait. Used @bigjake83 ‘s spec’s with CLE for a 22” Bartlein m110 blank, appreciate it friend. This build goes very nicely with my small frame Mega build, both equally getting me into bolt gun precision territory I was after with gassers. I’ve only shot one load in this gun so far since my wife’s precision ar (and only 6.5 creed we owned until now) favored 130 FGMM I stocked up with 700 rds of it awhile back so I have just used it so far breaking this one in. Only had it out on two range trips so far, one to break in the barrel and one to test it some. So far it hasn’t shot a group over 1 moa hovering several in the .6-.8 range and one 10 shot group .99 moa. I’ll be reusing the brass shortly to start a dedicated hand load for it. Rifle is a complete pleasure to shoot and runs so smooth with how it’s set up.
I’ll update the post again when I work up a load for it and what I can really get out of this rifle.
View attachment 8415315

View attachment 8415298View attachment 8415299View attachment 8415301View attachment 8415300

140gr ELD
40.4 or 41.0 Grs of H4350
Lapua SRP Brass
CCI BR4 Primers
2.78 COAL

I guarantee 40.4 or 41.0 will shoot Sub Half MOA.

Looks nice, B Man. Your 223 has a big brother to look up to now.

I'm a bit behind you, but I'm working on something similar. I just got my Maten upper/rail from Zev a couple weeks ago (backordered it last Sept) and a 20" CLE barrel before they stopped back in Feb or so.

What'd you end up going with for recoil system and BCG? I'm leaning toward H2 JP scs and full-weight BCG - either RCA or JP.

Reactions: B Man
Nice looking unit for sure. Congrats on getting a good brake on there, your other guns look great too but the A2 flash hider on them always makes me a little sad.

Nice looking unit for sure. Congrats on getting a good brake on there, your other guns look great too but the A2 flash hider on them always makes me a little sad.
You would be disappointed in me then. I can’t stand brakes. Maybe if I could figure a way to wear three sets of ear pro I would change my mind. I guess if I were a competition shooter I’d have to deal with it.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
You would be disappointed in me then. I can’t stand brakes. Maybe if I could figure a way to wear three sets of ear pro I would change my mind. I guess if I were a competition shooter I’d have to deal with it.
Too late, I'm already disappointed in you.
Just kidding, different strokes and all that.
I just can't help but thinking if you can send a pair and get hits on a 600 yard target with .2 splits and a light recoiling 5.56, you could conceivably send a triple with .16 splits with a brake on the same gun.

Reactions: bigjake83
Looks nice, B Man. Your 223 has a big brother to look up to now.

I'm a bit behind you, but I'm working on something similar. I just got my Maten upper/rail from Zev a couple weeks ago (backordered it last Sept) and a 20" CLE barrel before they stopped back in Feb or so.

What'd you end up going with for recoil system and BCG? I'm leaning toward H2 JP scs and full-weight BCG - either RCA or JP.

RCA bcg (became my go to large frame bcg), 9 oz kak rifle buffer, JP polished buffer spring.
Between the weight, recoil setup, and brake the recoil impulse is ridiculously smooth. My wife’s 6.5 creed has same set up and brake but a standard rifle buffer and spring and definitely tell a difference shooting them side by side. I would swap her stuff around but I hate to touch it now.

Thank you! None of them wear the A2’s anymore. Those were temporary until my suppressors were out I had a batch waiting for approval (14 months). The 6.5 creed of mine has a Huxwrx Flow 7.62 on order now I plan for it to wear.
223 mega the other day confirming zero with it.
Photoroom_20240502_100005.jpeg

Great looking builds. I didn't realize mega was still in business.

Zev bought them out along with the shop, equipment, and employees and started back producing them 2-3years ago.

Last edited:
Nice build. That was a sad day when Mega closed the doors, I should've saved the ones I had.

Nice build. That was a sad day when Mega closed the doors, I should've saved the ones I had.
I hope Zev keeps them alive. I know they have had some type of buy out or merger lately so hoping that doesn’t put priority elsewhere and leave Mega recievers out.

Reactions: 346ci
I agree, Grey Ghost Precision worked with them or has designers from Mega. Primary Arms sells Expo Arms, their forged receivers match the rich black Mega anodizing very well.

RCA bcg (became my go to large frame bcg), 9 oz kak rifle buffer, JP polished buffer spring.
Between the weight, recoil setup, and brake the recoil impulse is ridiculously smooth. My wife’s 6.5 creed has same set up and brake but a standard rifle buffer and spring and definitely tell a difference shooting them side by side. I would swap her stuff around but I hate to touch it now.

Thank you! None of them wear the A2’s anymore. Those were temporary until my suppressors were out I had a batch waiting for approval (14 months). The 6.5 creed of mine has a Huxwrx Flow 7.62 on order now I plan for it to wear.
223 mega the other day confirming zero with it.
View attachment 8417012

Zev bought them out along with the shop, equipment, and employees and started back producing them 2-3years ago.
Awesome setup. If I knew what I know now I would've built off those MML receivers and uppers. The PRS Lite matches well. Well done.👍