• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Large or small primer pockets for 6 creedmoor

6.5guys2

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2019
Tn
Wat size primer pockets is everyone running I am thanking of going with lupua brass and just now getting into the 6creedmoor and trying to figure out wat everyone thanks on large and small primer pockets and witch is better any info will help thanks

I like the the small rifle primer because you should get less lose pockets, and personally I think Lapua and Peterson brass are the better options.

Keep in mind your intended use. If you lose 25 percent of your brass at a match then brass life isn't where you're saving costs.

I was having loose primer pockets with Hornady brass in my 6cm- and when I switched to Starline it fixed it. I was using the large primers on starline, but one day I was buying some more brass and not really paying attention and ended up with the small primer brass. I had to adjust the load just a bit but I didn't notice any difference in primer pockets loosening up- but I only made it to 9 reloads on them (and then my barrel was done) so don't know how long they would have lasted.

I was having loose primer pockets with Hornady brass in my 6cm- and when I switched to Starline it fixed it. I was using the large primers on starline, but one day I was buying some more brass and not really paying attention and ended up with the small primer brass. I had to adjust the load just a bit but I didn't notice any difference in primer pockets loosening up- but I only made it to 9 reloads on them (and then my barrel was done) so don't know how long they would have lasted.
About how many firings were you getting with the Hornady?
And how many did you have on the large primer starline?