• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

large rifle magnum primers help !!!!

chazwise

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2009
mooringsport, Louisiana
guys i need to know if any one knows were i could get some large rifle magnum primers i cant seem to find them any were.. a guy at the local store told me i could use regular large rifle primers with my 7mag and 300 wm using rx22 so i loaded some up well i can actually hear my firing pin hit before the round goes off on some loads so im scraping that idea and i really need to find some magnums.. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks chaz

Re: large rifle magnum primers help !!!!

If you can't find maggies...can you locate Winchester LR? They were prepped for the slow ball powders and are a bit hotter. JMHO

+1 on the Win LR

What you're describing is hang fires which means your loads are probably light. You probably need to increase the powder charge.

By the way, I use RL-22 in my 7mm Rem. Mag. with regular (Federal 210M) primers with good accuracy and no problems.

I've used standard LR primers on rounds as large as 300 weatherby. Your issue isn't the primers.

Grumulkin hang firing makes since bc i was using the minimal load ,whats the recipe your using for rx 22 i just started reloading for the 7 mag and any help in the right direction would highly be appreciated thanks chaz