• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Large rifle primers with a hard cup.

biner626

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2010
Goodlettsville,TN
I had my MATEN double using 210M's. I know of CCI #34's. Are there any other primers which can be used in the floating firing pin semi auto?

I had my MATEN double using 210M's. I know of CCI #34's. Are there any other primers which can be used in the floating firing pin semi auto?

If you're worried about slam fires, then stick with the 34s, as the anvil geometry is adjusted to make them less sensitive to firing pin dents. Also, they're ballistically equivalent to the CC-250 magnum primers, so keep that in mind when working up your loads.

Chris

Yep, this is all dependent on availability. I just recently built this .308 so I haven't had the opportunity to pick up(find) the CCI 34's.

Love me some cheap-o-Russian primers

I only use Tulammo LR primers in my 308 FTR gun, and really every other gun I use. Their cheap, have the hardest cup(except for the NATO/armor piercing hard primers), burn hot, and when weight sorted to .02 grain increments helps keep ES in the low single digits. .08gn variance in weight is the norm, with very few being heavier or lighter. Lot to lot variance is very consistent. I do not mix lots because I am anal..... But when I have there's no difference in ES and I don't have any vertical flyers.