• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larger contour barrel and NF NXS clearance

Black-X

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2006
Kentucky
I had a larger contour Brux tube put on my 700 action and now my NF NXS won't clear with the Butler Creek scope caps on it. With the front cap off, there is clearance but with it on it touches.

Does anyone know if there is a screw in scope objective cover for the 50mm NXS? I really don't want to go with higher rings and I want to be able to keep the crap out of my scope.

Re: Larger contour barrel and NF NXS clearance

I think it's too thin and beyond that, the cover is already broke off.
frown.gif

No screw in scope caps that you're aware of?

You might do some searching on Optics Planet, they have a bunch of stuff. Better yet, give the guys at Sport Optics a call.

so it kisses the barrel, try it and see if it matters or just pull off the whole cap

PM Hooper and ask him to make some. He was considering making screw on flip caps machined out of aluminum. I don't think they would be cheap but consider how crappy the Butler Creek ones are lately and how expensive your optics are. If we get enough people on board he'll make some, and Hooper only makes nice stuff.

Mine sit really low as well. Butlers will not fit, so I trimmed the bottom of the raised lip on the factory NF Bikini covers and they fit nicely. At first I wanted to run the butlers, but after running the bikinis for a while, I Actually prefer the NF bikini cover.

just use the front bikini cover that the scope came with. If you cut a slit out of it then it should be able to fit

Those bikini covers really leak in the rain. Virtually useless here.

I took mine to a belt sander when I had the same problem, worked fine until the cheap ass cap broke off.

I'd be in for aluminum, thread in caps. I don't mind paying for quality,