• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larger tumbler

lightman

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 18, 2009
England, ar
Does anyone have or use a tumbler that is larger than a Thumblers Model B? If so, would you talk about it a little. I'm just wanting more volume than my old Model B. MSC has a few listed, and a Google search shows a few others. A fellow on another forum makes one that looks good, might be called a "Big Dog" or something like that. Kinda thinking about doing 500 or a 1000 223's, volume wise. I want something commercial quality, like buy once, cry once! Thanks in advance, Lightman

Does anyone have or use a tumbler that is larger than a Thumblers Model B? If so, would you talk about it a little. I'm just wanting more volume than my old Model B. MSC has a few listed, and a Google search shows a few others. A fellow on another forum makes one that looks good, might be called a "Big Dog" or something like that. Kinda thinking about doing 500 or a 1000 223's, volume wise. I want something commercial quality, like buy once, cry once! Thanks in advance, Lightman

My buddy just took delivery of Bigddawgs wet tumbler with 6" drum last week and did a few batches of pistol ammo. I think he said that he did about 150 pieces per batch of 45acp and 40 S&W and might have been able to do some more. He can always upgrade to the 9" and 12" drum (or build his own,) but I think that 90 minutes allowed the stuff to come out looking like new.

I think the unit is pretty beefy and he's happy with it for the most part.

Chris

A friend who commercially loaded .223's and .308's for several years has one of the 56 pound capacity Thumblers......For SEVERAL years whenever I was in the shop...it was running. Only issue he mentioned was it was HEAVY to pick up and then empty into two different separators. He also used a couple of cheap cement mixers too. Those were nice as you simply tilted them into a screen secured over a big HD Tupperware container to separate the brass and the media. He still has the same Thumblers tumbler...so apparently they hold up. I've got the next size down the 18 possiby?? I'm very happy with the build quality, not noisy at all and does a quick job on a few hundred rds of rifle brass or a few hundred more pistol brass.

Picked up the one in the middle for $10.00 at a yard sale. Easily holds 1,000 5.56.

Thanks for the replys, everyone. Yeah Coues, I saw your frame and was very interested. Looks like nice workmanship, and should last a lifetime. I am currently looking for a place to get a drum for a frame like yours. I'm also thinking about building one, but I'm so busy with work that it probably won't ever happen. Any idea on shipping cost from you to Arkansas? Thanks again, Lightman