• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larry Potterfield

Man he comes off as the Mr. Rodgers of the gun community . I wonder what he's like in real life ?

buffalo bill.gif

well i will admit....i have seen a few of his “how to” videos and i found them helpful to the project i was taking on at the time. most notibly was when i wanted a dovetail cut into the front sight base of a ruger blackhawk. i stumbled across one of his videos of him doing that very thing to a 22. that video, and some more reading online, then ordering the proper tools specific for the job, enabled me to put it off and i am very proud of that gun; and i shoot it exceptionally well now.

i keep waiting for him to hit his thumb, or pinch his finger and then go off the rails like the “winnebago man” lol.

Reactions: 1J04
larry potterfield.....the man who can refinish your gun to factory new with just a dash of cold blue.

.....the man who when he says "and thats the way it is"...it carries the weight of the law.

.....the man whos smile is so infectious.....it was once investigated by the CDC.

I wonder if we can get the HMFIC to do a video piece on Sir Larry De le Potterfield .
tenor (1).gif

Dear old "Rodger" Potterfield will screw you with his fast shipping. They ship within 24 hours but with 3rd class postage so it take two to three weeks to get your order with highest shipping cost in the industry.
They refuse to make good on any claim. Sent me a worthless Glock sight tool that rounded off the screw that then took an hour to remove. Called them about my dissatisfaction and was told to return it by UPS and they would replace it if they decided it was defective. It cost $8.00 and UPS shipping was $7.50.
I ordered three of their range bags for Christmas presents and 1,000/200gr. JHP bullets. They placed everything in a 2ft. x 2ft. x 2ft. box, 10% product and 90% air balloons. The outside box was ripped open as well as the box of bullets. Lost 138 bullets and they tell me it is not their problem. I think we all know what UPS stance is on this.
Larry Pottteshit is not a kindly old man but only wants your money and could not care less about good customer relations. His sale prices are most often ten to twenty percent higher than many others every day prices.
I spent thousands of dollars with Midway over the last twenty-five plus years but they will never see another penny from me.

Dear old "Rodger" Potterfield will screw you with his fast shipping. They ship within 24 hours but with 3rd class postage so it take two to three weeks to get your order with highest shipping cost in the industry.
They refuse to make good on any claim. Sent me a worthless Glock sight tool that rounded off the screw that then took an hour to remove. Called them about my dissatisfaction and was told to return it by UPS and they would replace it if they decided it was defective. It cost $8.00 and UPS shipping was $7.50.
I ordered three of their range bags for Christmas presents and 1,000/200gr. JHP bullets. They placed everything in a 2ft. x 2ft. x 2ft. box, 10% product and 90% air balloons. The outside box was ripped open as well as the box of bullets. Lost 138 bullets and they tell me it is not their problem. I think we all know what UPS stance is on this.
Larry Pottteshit is not a kindly old man but only wants your money and could not care less about good customer relations. His sale prices are most often ten to twenty percent higher than many others every day prices.
I spent thousands of dollars with Midway over the last twenty-five plus years but they will never see another penny from me.

They've kinda gone downhill lately. I stopped using midway when they borked the "shop by gun make and model" feature. That was 2010ish IIRC.

You used to be able to select a gun make and model and have only items for_that_make_and_model show up. Then it went to some kinda grab-bag bullshit with poor filtering, and I'm not sure what it's like now.

Brownells, Natchez, Midsouth, and random little web shops like Bruno's get my dollars these days.

Yup, i aint a fan of their shipping method, either. Many times, amazon has the same thing i want, cheaper. Yup, bezos is a libtard....and i’ll do natchez or brownells if they have what i want but they simply dont have the selection of the other two.

Reactions: gunman_7 and 1J04
They did good by me for Christmas . I ordered two thousand bullets , five thousand primers and a progressive press. The shipping on the bullets and primers plus hazmat , oh well . Primers were on sale and bullets were a little cheaper than
Cabassprobles

He did give me the idea on YouTube on how to slow rust blue. I tried it out on a Makarov PM that came out very nice. Just used the master bathroom with a tub of hot water for humidity and the stove a junkyard pot for boiling water. Took about five days. Hung the parts on a shower curtain rod. I don't think I can get away with that again. It is better to be forgiven than ask for permission but that might only work once or twice. Slow rust blueing is super cool though.

He did give me the idea on YouTube on how to slow rust blue. I tried it out on a Makarov PM that came out very nice. Just used the master bathroom with a tub of hot water for humidity and the stove a junkyard pot for boiling water. Took about five days. Hung the parts on a shower curtain rod. I don't think I can get away with that again. It is better to be forgiven than ask for permission but that might only work once or twice. Slow rust blueing is super cool though.

I looked up the bluing vid and came to this one in the suggestions.

I love working on old guns.

Everyone loves to bang on Midway and I'm not sure why. I must be real lucky compared to others since I've bought mountains of crap from Larry over the years and have never had an issue. They've even warranted their own Midway brand with no questions asked. Good outfit in my book.

Reactions: Stevo86 and TXBO
So I add 500 140 ELD's to my cart and enter the free shipping coupon code that claims FREE Shipping for $49 or more.
I get a "Sorry too heavy for free shipping".

I guess my main gripe with ol' Larry is their "round up for conservation" or whatever the fuck they call it. At the end of the year, there's Larry with a big ol' check demonstrating how generous HE is...

I guess my main gripe with ol' Larry is their "round up for conservation" or whatever the fuck they call it. At the end of the year, there's Larry with a big ol' check demonstrating how generous HE is...

Yeah, it irks me when you think that charity should be anonymous, and they convert your nickels and dimes into their benefit.

Reactions: DaleGribble82
I've bought a ton of shit from Uncle Larry, I just shop judiciously. If you shop the sales, use free shipping promo's etc. then they're competitive with everyone else. They keep a damn good stock on hand and I've had nothing but good experiences with them. They used to have an entire selection of items that shipped free and adding one of those to your order would trigger free shipping for the whole order. I've got about a dozen sets of $2.00 camping shears that got me free shipping on orders over the years...

So I add 500 140 ELD's to my cart and enter the free shipping coupon code that claims FREE Shipping for $49 or more.
I get a "Sorry too heavy for free shipping".

I don't know why but if you add something that isn't "heavy" valued at $50 they will cover the cost of your bullets shipping. Buying bullets alone triggers that message.

Midway web-site shows - "We realize our responsibility to provide leadership to the industry and to 'give back' to the industry and community. We support the NRA and the Shooting/Hunting Sports Industry by donating 50% of our pre-tax profits, mostly to help fund youth shooting programs. We also support our local community". Must be one hell of a round up program.

Round up is your donation. 50% of profits is different.

I've done the cart juggling thing and watched sales. Sometimes you can watch the discount on clearance items go up until they are almost gone, sometimes you miss.
If it a name brand, it's a name brand. Never had a bait and switch with them. Of course the Stoner stuff isn't really stoner stuff but sometimes you can tell where it's from.
I think some clearance items come from stuff with bad reviews. Sometimes obviously stupid reviews.

His shipping method to my home is great, many don't care for it. The Sure Post starting with UPS and handed over to USPS happens in my town.
I am friendly with both my regular UPS driver and USPS Postman. Sometimes UPS will opt to deliver strait to me.
All in all, I have no problem with 'Uncle Larry' .