• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Larson Tactical Refinishing

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
Ok I know years ago there was some serious bad blood with this guy after he got flakey with peoples' orders. I understand he lost a family member, wound up in hard times and had some kind of breakdown so I can definitely feel some people's animosity towards him.

Has anyone had any RECENT work done by him? Is he back to being good to go? I noticed his website is still up after five years or however long it's been.

Any input?

I've seen pictures of his work here on the "Hide" and would like to know if he's go-to-go as well. After seeing some of his painted stocks, I did a search and read that there were a bunch of unhappy customers. I hope whatever the problems were, that they've been taken care of and he's back on track.

Thre are much better options out there that do great work without risk this guy brings to the project

Thre are much better options out there that do great work without risk this guy brings to the project

Thanks mdesign. I would prefer to deal with someone who doesn't have the baggage. If possible, could you send me a PM with a few names.

Someone say my name? :D I don't have any first hand experience with the guy, he is here in the KC area, south of town, I know there is a TON of bad blood with the local builders and other companies here. I don't have any personal first hand experience with him, just many, many stories that i've been told.

Branden

+1 for shortbus! Not only does he do amazing work, he's a hell of a guy. Give him a call, you'll see what the hypes about.

Something tells me that you've been a victim of the 2+ hour conversation about everything except painting, that i'm known to do! :D

Branden

Haha, Your not a victim if you do/did it willingly, but my long distance bill.... I would say that's the only victim.

OP, seriously Brandon is a great place to start. Not only is he a fantastic option, if for some reason he's not the best option to do the job you are lookin for, he is honest and will point you in the right direction.