• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue 20" Rifle. Range Report. Excited!

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
This is my second range trip with the LaRue. First time I was using factory ammo, while CorBon is excellent ammo, it is still factory. The gun was consistently grouping under an inch with it.

Well, I loaded up some 69 and 77 grain SMK's in front of Varget in LC 1x cases.

Results were excellent! At 100 yards anyway. I had several groups a couple hundreths over 1/2 moa. Several measured .55 and .6. These were all 5 shot groups fired off a bipod and rear bag. At 200, the results were not as good. Didnt even try 300.

At 200 I was getting a solid 1 moa, but nowhere near the apx 1/2moa I got at 100. But this is just the first round of load development. This is my first precision AR and I am digging it.

Re: LaRue 20" Rifle. Range Report. Excited!

I know they are really light, but my 16" really likes the black hills 52 grain match. Shoots .45 @ 100 yds with a can on the end, but that was single loading. havent tried magazine feeding or longer distances yet. But ya these stealths shoot good, even the shorter ones.