• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue 3-gun match update

SFC Carpentier jr

Minuteman
May 14, 2002
Corpus Christi TX
www.angelfire.com
OK I am still trying to recover from this match. We got back to the motel last on SAT night and all I wanted to do was take a shower and go to bed. We made it back late last night. I will post a little more and some photos later on today. I am at work right now. Stay tune.

Larue1.JPG

Larue2.JPG

Larue3.JPG

Larue4.JPG

Larue5.JPG

Larue6.JPG

Re: Larue 3-gun match update

Good to see you out there, it was a great time.

I don't think we would have missed you in your shorts and pink toe nails scranging for all that brass. but you missed a great match.

TJ, it looked like your range sank a bit under the weight of all that 30 cal
grin.gif

I must say I am rather embarassed to find I cannot hit a target with a machine gun LOL.

Don't feel bad. I watched the mini-gun for two days, got up to shoot it and still couldn't get used to the fact that when you pressed the trigger, the gun didn't fire right away. The lag time from when the barrels start spinning and rounds start coming out threw me off. I don't think we got a gunners view of what it looked like threw the sites, but you could only see a cloud of flying mud when the gun went off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think we got a gunners view of what it looked like threw the sites, but you could only see a cloud of flying mud when the gun went off. </div></div>

TJ, I am sure there is a trench now in front of the 1000 yard line from all the shooters that put all 50 rounds 20 feet in front of the target. Yes the lag time from pushing the buttons to having bullets done range was a little long.

Also, TJ thanks for letting them putting on the match there at TV. You looked you were hard at work getting the fires put out. GREAT job.

Yeh, I have a lawn service that aireates my lawn with a spiked roller. I need to show them how fast a mini-gun can do it. Like all matches, the first is a learning event. Next years will have the bugs out. My vote is for a dumpster......the Mobil gas station is my covert drop off point for the 60 bags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did you guys miss me................? </div></div>

I'm glad I didn't miss you; thanks for all your help with everything.

It was a great match and despite the weather on the first day I had a blast. Thanks to everyone that made it possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiCapMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anybody else get the 500 yard target
grin.gif
</div></div>

I got it on friday. First shot, but it was only practice after we confirmed zero. Winds were <span style="text-decoration: underline">only</span> blowing at 20+ at that time. I was shooting 75 gr Prvi Partizan Match out of an 18" upper. I should have gone home after that shot
smirk.gif
Saturday we were the first squad at that stage and the winds were howlin at 35, temp was about 35 as well. I hit out to 200, but those plates were not fallin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sfikes2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell ya what I got from it,...a shitty case of wind burn, then sun burn. WTF?! Had a blast though. I got to shoot stage 6 I think, the brown wall. tuff on the quads wasn't it? </div></div>

My lips are still chapped from the wind/cold/sun, but I had so much fun it dont bother me a bit.

That wall was a tough stage, but you got a chance to put a good number of rounds downrange. At least it didnt involve any shotgun work
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiCapMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anybody else get the 500 yard target
grin.gif
</div></div>

I did, and on the first shot too! However, I was lucky enough to shoot it on Sunday. I'm not sure I would be able to say the same thing if I had to shoot that stage on Saturday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: commanderjb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiCapMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anybody else get the 500 yard target
grin.gif
</div></div>

I got it on friday. First shot, but it was only practice after we confirmed zero. Winds were <span style="text-decoration: underline">only</span> blowing at 20+ at that time. I was shooting 75 gr Prvi Partizan Match out of an 18" upper. I should have gone home after that shot
smirk.gif
Saturday we were the first squad at that stage and the winds were howlin at 35, temp was about 35 as well. I hit out to 200, but those plates were not fallin. </div></div>

Just curious, how does one get to practice and confirm zeros the day before the match on the match course?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sfikes2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One would show up early? Just speculation. Lol, jk. </div></div>

Roger that. We showed up early just to shoot the shit. The AMU was there confirming zero and my shooting partner had flown in from Georgia so he wanted to make sure nothing got bumped around in the big bird. I took a total of 10 shots. Believe me, we had no advantage over anyone shooting this stage, especially since we were the first ones shooting it at 07:45 on Saturday in 36 degrees with 35+ mph winds.

I spoke with a Soldier from the AMU today. He says they are looking for pistol team candidates, for a paralympic Army team, that are active army, and wounded. If you know anyone, have them call me. Or the AMU and ask for who's heading the pistol team.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: commanderjb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sfikes2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One would show up early? Just speculation. Lol, jk. </div></div>

Roger that. We showed up early just to shoot the shit. The AMU was there confirming zero and my shooting partner had flown in from Georgia so he wanted to make sure nothing got bumped around in the big bird. I took a total of 10 shots. Believe me, we had no advantage over anyone shooting this stage, especially since we were the first ones shooting it at 07:45 on Saturday in 36 degrees with 35+ mph winds. </div></div>

Thats cool.

Yea, if yall shot first you probably had the worst wind of the day. We were the last squad on Stage one on Saturday and it was down to 10 with 15+ gusts.