• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue .308 Mags

BigCarrot

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 23, 2011
Dallas, TX
Does anyone know the COAL of the steel Larue mags? I'm planning to do a little experimenting with different lengths, but the Magpul Pmag that came with my GAP-10 is a little tight. I'm thinking the Larue mags will give me a little extra breathing room, but I don't know how much. Thanks.

Re: Larue .308 Mags

I want to try a Larue mag, but with the KAC ones, I can load to 2.815; however, I usually stick to 2.810-2.812 for a little extra breathing room. I imagine the Larue's would be similar.

I have loaded the lapua scenar to 2.85" in larue mags with room to spare. Planning to buy 2 more because of the extra room in them.

Pmags barely fit 2.81" for me.

Their site says they allow more room because they put the weld on the back of the mag. Guess I'll give them a ring. Do you guys think my GAP will shoot with a Larue mag, or will it just get pissed off at me and spit rounds all over the place because I bastardized it?
wink.gif