• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Larue Acog RCO Mount

Re: Larue Acog RCO Mount

Doubtful. You need your eye close to the aperture....

Cheers,

Bill

Just get an ARMS 40-L flip rear sight and it will not be an issue.

Buy a quick release mount and leave the BUIS where it sits. Scope turns to shit pull the scope and use the BUIS. Thats why they call flip of sights Back Up Iron Sights, they are for back up when the scope fails to work. Acogs will not have many problems so you should be fine unless it takes a bullet then rip it off and use the flip up.

I have an ACOG TA01 with ARMS 40L flip-up rear sight and standard front post. I really like this setup... scope pops off in about two seconds, but is otherwise mounted very securely. The ARMS 40L's hardware is captive on little cables so it's "impossible" to lose a screw should it work loose.

BTW I'm using a GG&G quick-release mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy a quick release mount and leave the BUIS where it sits. Scope turns to shit pull the scope and use the BUIS. Thats why they call flip of sights Back Up Iron Sights, they are for back up when the scope fails to work. Acogs will not have many problems so you should be fine unless it takes a bullet then rip it off and use the flip up. </div></div>

I understand that thats how it works. My question is with that mount your really not suppost to have the rear irons on since the purpose of the mount it to sit further back for proper eye relief. I'm going to try both mounts the other being the ( LT-100 I believe) and just see which ever works best for me. I will report when it all comes in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The4thHorseman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you saying this could be use because it has a larger MOA than the factory flips?? </div></div>

I am not sure what rear flip you have so I can't say. Some of my rear flips are too big for some optics. The ARMS 40-L seems to fit under everything, and definitely does not get in the way of an ACOG.

Also, get a Larue mount.

I have never had issues with my ACOGS and eye relief.
Trial and error for the newbie! Hope it works out ok.