• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue bolt gun wins PRS match? Any info?

Triple D

Trigger Monkey
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2011
Georgia
Anyone have an idea where this match took place? I’m not overly familiar with the PRS venues out west . It looks to be Texas or another area of the SW. I was hoping the prop may be unique enough to help identify.

B6174A46-FACB-410C-9D49-E170D1CB5AD5.jpeg

Reactions: Double Ugly
Anyone have an idea where this match took place? I’m not overly familiar with the PRS venues out west . It looks to be Texas or another area of the SW. I was hoping the prop may be unique enough to help identify.

View attachment 7588081

A PRS match with "all 1moa sized targets" and if you believe the picture.... positional stages out to 900 yards?

Either Larue is overselling by a lot (not particularly new) or that fine gentleman in the picture is the next AG Cup champion!

A PRS match with "all 1moa sized targets" and if you believe the picture.... positional stages out to 900 yards?

Either Larue is overselling by a lot (not particularly new) or that fine gentleman in the picture is the next AG Cup champion!

I would agree, the posting leaves more questions than answers. I’ve never seen a PRS match have moa targets all the way out to 900yds. I can’t remember the last time a 6.5mm actually won a PRS match.

Would love to see some pictures of that short chassis in some other stages at this “match”.

It appears that this was in Sheridan, WY. Here's the practiscore from their 3/20/21 match.

A few pics available on FB on the "Cloud Peak Precision Rifle Shooters" page.

It appears that this was in Sheridan, WY. Here's the practiscore from their 3/20/21 match.

A few pics available on FB on the "Cloud Peak Precision Rifle Shooters" page.

Anyone have an idea if it was 1st place overall, or 1st place gas gun division?

Like Archery when you can often win a championship, just by being the only one in the class.

Larue makes accurate guns but I wouldn't say that they are any better than some of the other precision rifles on the market. The key here is the shooter would have to know Wyoming wind as it can be tricky.

How many "Siete" are actually in the wild?
MF'r been "Coming Soon" for about as long as I can remember.
Too long, too much hype, too much ML attitude and no product. Dude missed his window unless he just wants to pander to his fan base.
Too many other good and proven options now.

Reactions: FlyGuy11
@Long Range 338 you know this joker?

No but I’ve not attended any matches across the state! Too far.

Interesting but the gentleman doing the shooting appears advanced in years -based on posture and grey hair... Veteran class? Not to knock his shooting, he obviously got it done. Top shooter shot 100%.

Interesting but the gentleman doing the shooting appears advanced in years -based on posture and grey hair... Veteran class? Not to knock his shooting, he obviously got it done. Top shooter shot 100%.

They grow up so fast....Tyler, the winner, was a Junior shooter in 2019!!

Way to go Mark...way to go.

I get that he’s trying to market a product, but why post blatant ass lies. Why take away from a young shooter’s accomplishment? What would have been so hard about saying someone shot a match with the Siete and got some good hits, congratulate the actual winner and maybe even try and get him to run a Siete in the hunter class events?

This is just so f’d up.

Last edited:
So this was just a monthly club match, correct?

It appears that way. Ol Mark was telling a bunch of crazy lies though.

So far;

-Not a PRS match
-Shooter pictured and likely the rifle was not used by the winner.
-Targets were well over 1moa
- A LaRue didn’t win

It’s almost like he’s not aware of the internet and ppl being able to verify info. If you have to lie to sell product, you probably need a better product.

Larue lying about his product ? Shocking!!!
I bet is has never happened before!

meh, not to pile on, but the only larue anything i have is the qd mount on my harris bipod, and it is a piece of shit cheap cam design.
oh, i know folks like them, no offense intended.

Interesting.... just went and looked at the Larue instagram post now and it has now been edited to say

LaRue Siete 6.5 Creedmoor bolt action takes 1st Place in it’s division - debuts well at it’s first PRS-style match ... all targets were 1 moa size and he was hitting 9” plates at 900 yards, in windy light snow.

Reactions: djarecke
Interesting.... just went and looked at the Larue instagram post now and it has now been edited to say

LaRue Siete 6.5 Creedmoor bolt action takes 1st Place in it’s division - debuts well at it’s first PRS-style match ... all targets were 1 moa size and he was hitting 9” plates at 900 yards, in windy light snow.

Hi,

Shit, for some reason I cannot even find the Instagram page.

Sincerely,
Theis

I would love to see someone unbiased shoot the same score on an ultra butt heavy rifle like the MDT pictured, with no room for a schmedium as they can with a proper balance rifle like the MDT ACC with a long and heavier barrel profile in a PRS environment.

That chassis was an early MDT design and nothing like their current PRS tuned chassis or those of other mfgs set up for the PRS game

I'm aware... The larue is basically a copy of the mdt

I would love to see somebody holding that rifle, saying its a beautiful piece of work with a straight face

Is there a new Aborted Chassis division?

He blocked me after I mentioned that someone else actually won the match. Being a junior shooter, there’s no way he was the old gentleman in the IG post.

He talks tough, but he’s got the thinnest skin of any man alive.

I just watched the video. No WAY that was 900 yards or a 9” plate. That sounded more like a full size ipsc at 4-500 yards
Shooting on my personal time has been in cryo sleep since 2013, but Larue comes up so infrequently at work I honestly thought they’d gone out of business until I saw this post, ngl

Reactions: tnc
He changed it to “1st place in its division”

Attachments

• 81B80BCE-B6ED-47A0-89FA-D09CBB4F708E.png
    81B80BCE-B6ED-47A0-89FA-D09CBB4F708E.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 160
Blocked me too after we had a couple back and forth when I called them out for false advertising and told them their rifle was shit.

Reactions: Long Range 338
Blocked me too after we had a couple back and forth when I called them out for false advertising and told them their rifle was shit.
Even if it’s a shooter with respect to mechanical accuracy, I feel really confused by their chassis - it looks like hot garbage. Like you should just sell that thing as a barreled action if there are in fact any takers for it.

And here I thought you was slippin' when YOU of all people couldn't find something on the internet... I'm still convinced you own the internet! Haha

Hi,

Shhh, every once and awhile I like to play "normal" in regards to how easy it is to find shit....it helps me sleep, lolol

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

All I did was ask the ranch owner the name of the shooter and was it indeed the Cloud Peak Precision Rifle match.....

Sincerely,
Theis

Lol. It looks like the divisions they had were lady, junior and open....so nope.

Also, they have good descriptions of the stages listed on practiscore.View attachment 7589449
View attachment 7589448

Hi,

OK so serious question(s) now, lol...

1. What was/is the point of a company doing such blatant BS aka lies?
2. How many more rifles does he think this "marketing" is really going to sale?
3. Is he truly operating on the premise that bad press is still press?

This absolutely makes zero sense and I have no way to understand how customers and potential customers think this would be ok.

Sincerely,
Theis

He changed it to “1st place in its division”
It’s division or the shooter’s? And how many in the division? He’s really reaching for some recognition off this match but it just looks like ass to anyone who knows anything about PRS.

Hi,

OK so serious question(s) now, lol...

1. What was/is the point of a company doing such blatant BS aka lies?
2. How many more rifles does he think this "marketing" is really going to sale?
3. Is he truly operating on the premise that bad press is still press?

This absolutely makes zero sense and I have no way to understand how customers and potential customers think this would be ok.

Sincerely,
Theis
Especially since there has been no public offering of the rifle????? After saying it’s going to be released “soon” for six or seven years now.