• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue FDE 7.62 Heavy Barrel PredatAR

MSTN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
MIDDLE OF ARIZONA
mstn.biz
It's here!

IMG_6517.jpg

IMG_6519.jpg

It looks a lot like another LaRue Special Edition, the Costa 5.56:

IMG_6521.jpg

IMG_6522.jpg

Very nice, now hopefully yours shoots well too! Test target with mine was on the larger side, but I've had no problems shrinking it quite a bit with FGMM.

I'm jealous MSTN! More on accuracy if you would please once you shoot it.

Very Nice! Looks just like mine. :)

I don't have a matching Costa though....very cool! I'm going to throw a S&B on mine. Ordered a FDE LT845, hasn't arrived yet though. What optics you planning?

Very nice rifle but for that kind of money its hard to believe they couldn't match all the FDE parts?

KimberGuy - Where did you buy the tan IMI Defense mag? I might need a couple. :)

Waorani already said it, but I got them from AIM. They function, but do not drop free from all of my AR10's, although they drop just fine out of the Larue. For the money I'd stick with Magpul mags for range use. The IMI mags do look good in pictures though.

Stock is a Magpul STR. I've since put a PRS Gen3 on it.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i377.photobucket.com\/albums\/oo220\/A62335\/IMG_6554_zps2x5ynxce.jpg"}[/IMG2]

KimberGuy - Very nice! How you liking the PRS Gen3? Looks real good. I need to pull my test target out. I can't remember what it said.

I really like the Gen3 PRS, although I haven't put them on any rifles that didn't require me to switch some parts around, which was one of the biggest draws for me. Oh well, it's a great stock, and I would much rather shoot of one of them as opposed to any other fixed or collapsible stock available. I've tried everything, and I always come back to the PRS.

I ran mine suppressed, through a class at Rifles Only. Had no issues hitting steel oit to 1k with it.

Attachments

• image_58623.png
    image_58623.png
    250 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I was able to get one, my 1st Larue and it's extremely nice!
I have a lot of work to do to get good groups with a 7.62 but here are my 1st attempts after sighting in with cheap ammo which is shown in this target.
I have a bunch of Federal 168's I'll try next.

Would like to hear what others are using for factory ammo.

I was able to get one, my 1st Larue and it's extremely nice!
I have a lot of work to do to get good groups with a 7.62 but here are my 1st attempts after sighting in with cheap ammo which is shown in this target.
I have a bunch of Federal 168's I'll try next.

Would like to hear what others are using for factory ammo.

My tOBR heavy luvs the FGMM 168s.

Added an ambi safety, scope level, and different charging handle. Have a PRS stock on the way.
I shot 90 rounds of the 168's today.
I installed a SiCo brake to be able to use am Omega can. Unsuppressed I saw a 10.2 MOA shift in POI down. Seems like a lot! Don't know why it was such a difference.
Suppressed it was 9.2MOA down.
Once I resighted it I took it to 472 yards and did decent.
I need more work on the fundamentals. Little different with a 7.62 than a 5.56 ;)

I'm considering using cheap 150gr ammo to practice the fundamentals then go back to the 168's.

Put in a 22" .260rem barrel and hit the range this morning. JCIN took all the excellent pictures. First rounds out of the gun were to get on the paper, and once I was close I shot a three round group at the bottom orange sticker. Those three rounds, which were rounds 5,6, and 7 I think, printed a .413 group. Made an adjustment and shot top left, top right, and then bottom right. You can see the results, I'm thoroughly impressed with both the rifle and the Hornady Match 130 ELD-M ammo. I was banging steel at 1008 yards with boring consistency, and I'm excited to run this rifle and ammo combo in the next local PRS match.

0.621". I've never owned a LaRue rifle that could not meet or exceed the accuracy demonstrated by the test target.

One of these days I'll re-install the .308 barrel and try to outshoot the test target. I'm sure its capable of it.

I hate you guys, fire restrictions are in effect so long range shooting at my usual spot is on hold until it cools down. Still need to put my 260 barrel on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk