• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Larue mounting option for large scopes w/ MOA cant

Moadster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2009
Austin, Tx USA
Some of you with 56+mm objectives on your scopes may have had the same problems I have had: Finding a 1 piece mount that is just the right height to clear a large objective with a full length upper rail and that has at least 20MOA cant. The NF unimount maxes out at 1.375" so it's not tall enough. The Larue SBR-S is great but it only has a minimal 10MOA of cant. The Larue OBR mount looks to be great, but it has NO cant. That is until today!

Larue has a mount labeled the LT-112, it is basically an OBR mount with a 20MOA base. It is not listed on their website, but low and behold the the almighty power of a telephone, I was able to obtain one of these unicorn mounts. I opted for the VFZ mounts since I won't be removing the optic from the gun and I've had good luck with them so far. So on to the pics....

xnde05.jpg

15g4hax.jpg

I'll take more once I get my NF mounted on it. It's definitely a quality piece, my only gripe is that I wish it was a true 1 piece mount, but I have no doubts that it will function flawlessly.

Re: Larue mounting option for large scopes w/ MOA cant

interesting...does that have an updated lever design ? It looks quite different
on the bottom

Re: Larue mounting option for large scopes w/ MOA cant

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: asiparks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">interesting...does that have an updated lever design ? It looks quite different
on the bottom </div></div>

It has the VFZ mount which is rather recent.

I got one of these mounts with levers for my REPR, and had it cerakoted magpul FDE to match, it is indeed a quality piece of equipment.