• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue OBR - barrel thread length and suppressors

zenghost

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2008
NE Ohio
Anyone have info regarding the barrel thread length on the OBR rifles and their compatibility with thread-on suppressors?

Specifically, I am looking at the OBR for use with the TBAC 30P-1. My TRG-22 has threads/shoulder beautifully cut by Mark at Short Action Customs for a perfect fit with the 30P-1. I am concerned after seeing some indications OBRs have a longer thread length and might require additional work for an optimal fit with the 30P-1.

I realize a GAP-10 is a viable workaround to this issue (if it exists), and I've not ruled it out.

Thanks.

Re: Larue OBR - barrel thread length and suppressors

I can't comment on your particular can, but my Sandstorm works fine on my recently acquired OBR. No problems at all.

I talked with Zak smith awhile back and he stated he has not had an issue with this subject on any OBR's he's ran across. Best to contact him directly. First class guys over there which are sure to give you a straight answer and if needed a remedy.

Best of luck buddy.

I had this issue with mine. The threads on the OBR will be .0750 vs .0650 (I think those are the correct numbers). Anyway, my AAC QD mount was too short thread wise, and while they did make a new style deep socket mount it would not work with my can. AAC did send me a spacer to work with my mount though. I know the Ruger Scout rifle is another gun with the same length of threads.

I have not seen any issues with thread on cans, only AAC QD cans.

Thanks to all you fine folks. Will check in with TBAC as well to be sure before doing anything.