• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue OBR or Noveske N6

Reverend762

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2010
Texas, CS
LaRue OBR, 18"
Factory built Noveske N6,18"

I'm torn between these two rifles. I unfortunately can't handle either of the two in person before I purchase, so I need help picking one.

The rifle will be strictly for range use. From 300-600 yards, and I'm looking for maximum accuracy and build quality.

Thanks

Re: LaRue OBR or Noveske N6

Come down to Houston and you can mess around with my OBR. It's solid, but I've never handled a Noveske so I can't compare.

Also, any discussion involving LaRue must be discounted for the extremists. Some people hate Mark LaRue and others are typical fanboys. I personally am not buying the owner of the company, but rather the product. I don't care how "nice" anyone is, but some people really put a lot of stock on niceness of the owner. Beats me as to why.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Noveske, John is a hell of a lot nicer guy than Mark. </div></div>

True, but I think John makes a product that is second to none also. I don't have a complete Noveske rifle, but I do have an AR10A4 that I put a Noveske barrel and rail on (Noveske N6s are made with ArmaLite parts too) and couldn't be happier with it. I'm sure a factory Noveske rifle would shoot even better than mine. I'm not a good enough shooter to show its true accuracy potential, but in the hands of the right shooter I'd put it up against any OBR and I have less money invested.

For maximum accuracy potential in a non-custom built rifle...the Noveske N6 18" will be damn hard to beat.

Nothing against Larue (or Mark and crew personally)...they build a high-quality product and I own Stealth uppers and a ton of their mounts...but the OBR isn't a Noveske!!!

Does the noveske's all have the switch blocks? I just ask, because if you plan on supressing it, the OBR has the 2 position regulator for running the supressor.

CJG

No Switchblock for the 7.62 yet to the best of my knowledge. They have it for the 5.56 and 6.8 rifles/uppers and as an upgrade part.

I am sure it will be available for the 7.62 eventually though...

LMT MWS308 - Ive been shooting mine all day its damn impressive for out of the box.

Question, I'm under the impression Larue & Noveske build "battle rifles". Accurate battle rifles mind you, but rifles incorporating tolerances to work in a fight. If your primary application is target shooting & maximum accuracy on the range, why not consider one built for about the same money to your specs from George or Jered?

Well I decided on a Noveske and now I have one!

Brand spanking new Noveske N6 18" with a factory installed Magpul PRS stock and geissele trigger.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

noveske2.jpg

noveske1.jpg

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW NOVESKE!! I think you'll be very pleased with your choice!

Be sure to post up a range report once you get some quality range time. Also, say a prayer about what a lucky sonuvagun you are for getting one so quickly. Once upon a time getting a complete Noveske rifle was an exercise in extreme patience!
wink.gif

Does anyone know if a Noveske Leonidas upper will mate up to a Larue OBR lower? Thanks for any input