• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue OBR

oneshot976

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2005
Mooresville, North Carolina
Guys,
I am really looking hard at the Larue OBR. I really want to find an accuracy gas rig that I can run my Surefire suppressor on with out issue. Are any of you OBR owners running yours suppressed. If so can you please provide some feedback on your results. Both from the function and accuracy perspective.

I currently have an extremely nice and extremely accurate custom bolt rig up for trade for an OBR. The bolt rig is a bit of a safe queen due to the fact my AIAW is my go to rifle. However, I am hoping that I am making the right decision with offering it up for the OBR, I don't want to look back and regret this later.

I have used to search function but I am looking for more detailed and specific feedback than what I have found so far.

Thanks
Mike

Re: Larue OBR

I've got one that has performed very well for me. I had it at the LaRue shoot recently and had just over 1100 rounds put through it during the course of the day without issues. We were using it to routinely knockdown the LaRue targets out to 1000yds.

The accuracy and reliability have been quite good for me - it now has just over 5000 rounds through it at this point.....

Picture006.jpg

I'm running a 16" OBR with an AAC 7.62SD. The gun shoots as least as well if not slightly better with the can and recoil is noticeably less.

I would definitely recommend it.

I have run mine suppressed. It's dirtier than a piston gun by a mile, but the hard chroming of the bolt and carrier make it a breeze to clean.

Damn, love my OBR, but... must... resist....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NF Optics-Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I've got one that has performed very well for me. I had it at the LaRue shoot recently and had just over 1100 rounds put through it during the course of the day without issues. We were using it to routinely knockdown the LaRue targets out to 1000yds.

The accuracy and reliability have been quite good for me - it now has just over 5000 rounds through it at this point.....

Picture006.jpg

</div></div>

Best looking OBR ever.