• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue PredatAR 5.56

Raven6 Actual

Pathfinder
Minuteman
Ok, so fuel for the fire I suppose. I know there are several Larue haters on here, and I am NOT one of them. I have been a fan of Larue and their gear for many years. However, In early Nov last year, I took the plunge and decided to order a 16" 5.56 PredatAR from the company. I have heard great things about the build, quality and precision of the rifle and with Larue's awesome military discount, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was told 6-8 weeks delivery because it would need to be built. No problem, I get that. I had requested to have black furniture in lieu of OD green and wanted to have the CTR stock substituted for the MOE, but was told that was not possible and they couyld only sell me the CTR in conjunction with the full rifle as spec'd. I was a bit confused since what is the point of a "custom" built rifle if you can't change a bit of furniture already offered by the seller. Still, no big deal.

So I wait, and wait, and wait. I check the status a few times and get the "few more weeks" answer. So I PCS with the Army to the Republic of CA, no rifle like this getting shipped here. No issue for me to own since 1-It will be kept on post since it is used for military competitions and advanced marksmanship R&D and training, but shipping is out. So I change my FFL to my new home of record in AZ. Again, "a couple weeks" out.

Now, I am flying to AZ to visit the fam and won't be able to travel back due to optempo for about two months. I inform Larue of this and get no response. I am now quite unhappy with the turn of events and the lack of info on this gun. It has been over 13 weeks since my order was placed, around TWICE the quoted time and NO explanation of the delay. WTFO?

I have now requested that if the rifle cannot be in AZ to my FFL by 31JAN that I would prefer to cancel the order and seek a different setup.

Perhaps this is not the best place to post my rant, and I am not completely put off by Larue, but I just had to share my less than optimal experience with the Hide and profess my general disappointment with what I thought was a great company.

Perhaps I am missing something in this equation, but if that is the case, I would expect my sales rep to clue me in, not stall and ignore. C'mon guys, get it together please.

/end rant

Thanks -Rob

Re: LaRue PredatAR 5.56

funny I just checked on a PredateAR.. was told 14-16 weeks.. I passed.. Dosent help you but figured Id pass that along.

I ordered mine on 1/1 and was told 14-16 weeks as well. I also requested the CTR and a color change. Same deal.

Good luck, I can't wait to get mine, but have a new PWS MK114 to hold me over.

They are worth the wait. Cancelling now would be a stoopid move. Everybody had to wait longer than expected. I think the number of orders just blew the leadtimes out the roof. There is a long thread in the Larue area of ar15DOTcom where folks have discussed when they ordered and when they received, as a way for folks to project when theirs would be in hand. They've also been away at SHOT all last week, and trying to catch up ever since. Your rifle will be waiting for you, and it will have been worth the wait. I have a buddy who went through this same thing, and he took delivery of his a month or so ago. It's amazing. Don't give up.

Thanks to all for the encouraging words, I do appreciate it. I don't mind the waiting, I do understand sh*t happens, I only want to be kept informed. I was quoted 6-8 weeks in Nov and told it would likely be before then. I wouldn't be so spun up if I was originally quoted 14-16 weeks, though with that number I may have passed and continued to pursue the M6A2 from LWRC. I guess I just have high expectations of customer service and would have been ok if I was kept in the loop more.

UPDATE: I got a call from Alfred at LaRue. He profusely apologized for the delay and explained a bit of what was going on. Basically it was what chainring had described, an influx of orders and delays associated with SHOT. He assured me that it would be soon resolved and took the time to smooth things over with me. Having spoken at length with Alfred, I am now back in my happy place and will now wait with increased patience and great anticipation.

Thanks LaRue for bringing my warm and fuzzy back! I'll keep you guys informed on the progress and perhaps some pics and comparisons with other boom booms I have used. Hopefully I'll have her in hand within the next 2-3 weeks and can burn through all that 62gr sitting around. I do get some good trigger time from my rich Uncle, but Mr Colt's little carbine doesn't cut it on the 800 meter range, at least not with my mediocre skill set.

Thanks again for all the input!

Me, too. Ordered the PredatAR 5.56 first week in November and still haven't received it...or an email...or a call from anyone - consider yourself fortunate that Alfred called you. I asked if I would have the rifle by Christmas and was told it shouldn't be a problem, so I took Christmas week to New Year's off from work so I could go to the range with my new toy. A week off from work...no gun...not happy. I've made a few calls over the last couple of months, even ordered a few parts (QD mount for T-1 micro, Harris bipod...both are beautiful pieces). Each time I call I cannot receive any info about my rifle's progress...nothing, other than "it'll be soon". I'd love to catch the passion about this company that many of their customers have, but this isn't a good start.
I hope it's all worth it.

Be good,
TomK

This seems to be the most common complaint with LT guns. I've got an OBR in 5.56 and 7.62. I had the same experience with the 7.62 - long wait and no real answers. It was the opposite with the 5.56 - it showed up well before the 'due date'.

In addition to the surge in orders they get after events like their Range Day and the SHOT show, I think they have issues with getting parts in from suppliers. They'll have a big backlog of orders and suddenly everybody gets their guns in about 10-14 day period. At least that's the way it was with the backlogged orders last summer. One week all the 18" OBRs would ship and a couple weeks later all the 20" guns would go out. Something had been holding up production but they would never say what it was.

They need to hire a consultant who understands PERT analysis to avoid bottlenecks. I used to run the inventory control system for an aircraft engine overhaul shop and you got to be able to plan your critical paths and supply needs. It happens to lots of businesses at a certain stage in their growth where they outrun their supply chain, just like armies tended to do in history.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Program_Evaluation_and_Review_Technique

I tend to agree with the Bastogne Bulldog, perhaps you should put together a nice presentation for them. In this competitive environment companies, especially small, made in the USA ones, need all the help they can get.

Edward Deming would be proud. :)

"Dr. W. Edwards Deming taught that by adopting appropriate principles of management, organizations can increase quality and simultaneously reduce costs (by reducing waste, rework, staff attrition and litigation while increasing customer loyalty). The key is to practice continual improvement and think of manufacturing as a system, not as bits and pieces."

There are a couple dealers I know if in Cali that have them in stock right now, or at least they did as of a couple weeks ago. Pretty sure one was SF bay area and the other in the central valley maybe Fresno.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papa Fox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't even realize that dealers stocked the Larue stuff. Shoot me a line and let me know who has them and I'll check them out. Thanks much! </div></div>

I have never heard about dealers selling new LaRue rifles either.

So worth the wait, 6 weeks here..

photo33.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ace996</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have never heard about dealers selling new LaRue rifles either. </div></div>

I pm'd him a couple dealers that can get them with decent regularity. They have had them (new OBR and PREDATAR) for sale as well but they weren't giving them away. I guess it all depends on how badly you want one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ace996</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have never heard about dealers selling new LaRue rifles either. </div></div>

I pm'd him a couple dealers that can get them with decent regularity. They have had them (new OBR and PREDATAR) for sale as well but they weren't giving them away. I guess it all depends on how badly you want one. </div></div>

I hear ya, brother. I'm at 90 days wait for my 16" Pred...and I hear it's another several weeks more. We'll see what the week brings...

Be good,
TomK

Wow...sorry to hear you guys are waiting so long after the date of completion you were given. My experience with Larue has been nothing but positive. I ordered a Stealth upper a while back, they told me 4-6 weeks, and it was on my doorstep in two. I hope they manage to get everything straightened out with everybody.