• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Larue S.T.O.M.P.

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
does this device really work well? it looks very unstable with the aluminum bar extending so far out beyond the mount itself. It has "I'm going to break" written all over it.

Anyone have any actual experience?

Re: Larue S.T.O.M.P.

I have several other items from LaRue and the quality of those makes me think that if they sell it, it's good and if you break it they will fix it.

It works very well. I have used mine on and off the past 4 years with no worries. Much depends on the night optic. It is designed to be used when you need it, and then the extension arm can be taken off as well.

Not only if you break it, but if you don't like it Mark will refund your money.

It's beautifully machined and quite rugged:

STOMP1.JPG

I'll make you a great deal if you're interested.....

ah pretty cool.

ETA: as for the deal, ah I wish. Not im the market. I was just curious about the stability of the set. I thought it was a rather "unique" design in regards to stability and keeping the pvs-22 unit in place and was wondering what other people had to say. I brought this topic up because I had been looking at the EFR units and whatnot from BO and from IBA and both relied on the stocks for stability while this unit seemed to hang the NOD unit over the day optics so to speak. just curious as to what people had to say.

They advertise it on their website but when you call in to order it they say oh sorry thats an LEO or military item only.

I think thats bullshit!

How on earth can you tell me that a civilian cant have a Larue NV mount but we can order other manufacturers kits ?

This one may not be from the hottest manufacturer but if its going on a bolt-action this seems to work quite good...

http://www.mccannindustries.com/mount/mirs-m24/mirs-m24.html

Allthough it doesnt come with throw levers its basically the same design.
I dont know the height of the LaRue but it is designed to go on a rail, probably raising it quite a bit.
I do know that the one in the link in most cases would require an adjustable cheekpad for proper cheekweld due to its height even bolted directly to the action.

John - out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They advertise it on their website but when you call in to order it they say oh sorry thats an LEO or military item only.

I think thats bullshit!

How on earth can you tell me that a civilian cant have a Larue NV mount but we can order other manufacturers kits ? </div></div>
+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">his company... his product...his call...

'nuff said.

ain't America GREAT! </div></div>

+1

I really go out of my way not to buy anything from companies like that!
My hard earned money, My call!
Nuff said!
Ain't America great!

um...I don't think you have a choice, to not choose to buy the stomp

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">um...I don't think you have a choice, to not choose to buy the stomp </div></div>
Pretty certain they make other stuff! That's why I like companies like Barrett! If civilians can't have it; they won't sell it to LE!

You are perfectly entitled to your own opinion. However LaRue makes some of the best mounts on the planet and backs them with the best warranty and QC I have ever seen.

If you choose not to buy from them, it's your loss.

And for 90% of his stuff he doesn't care what you do for a living, including his rifles.

Mark Larue is just an eccentric guy. I won a bunch of stuff from him at a sniper comp and called up to ask if i could buy a lower but because i hadnt bought the stealth upper I couldnt. It didnt make much sense. I think he makes really good products but sometimes his business strategy is confusing.

As for the mount ive seen it in operation and its very wierd looking. The mount for the Improved Mk24 not sure what its called, mk2 or something, same accessory rail on the Mk13; that one in my mind is alot better. Its low profile you can leave it on your rifle in the daytime and it doesnt look that wierd. Idk who makes it though

Anybody knows if the STOMP is OK for the AN/PVS27 MUNS ( that's quite bigger than the AN/PVS22 ) ?

Thanks,
PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really go out of my way not to buy anything from companies like that!
My hard earned money, My call!
Nuff said!
Ain't America great! </div></div>

Your loss....

Personally, I can't stand the way Larue handles himself on the Internet, but he makes great products and has great customer service, so I'll continue to buy his products.

For the guys that are pissed because they can't get some things because you aren't in the MIlitary or LE, guess what? I'm in LE and I can't get things that most civilians in other states can like suppressors, collapsible stocks, flash hiders, 30 round magazines. All because I live in NJ. Welcome to America. Too much drama on the internet.

Mark laRue is a work of art all his own I can say that. His products are top notch.

As far as buying a LaRue Lower, YEAH youve got to buy a Stealth upper in order to buy a lower to be able to have a "complete" LaRue rifle. they are priced around 250 for the lower and from what Mark has said they are selling the lowers at a LOSS in order to provide the customers that do have complete stealths an opportunity to have a complete rifle. if you dont have a stealth you dont have the opportunity to buy a lower that is costing them money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pinco. I recommend a more fixed lower rail for the 27 </div></div>

F-O,

thanks for answering , roger that , that's what I supposed , infact I already have fixed lower rails on many of my SWSs to be able to mount my 27 on them , but for the Steyr SSG69 PV does not exist any fixed lower rail for that purpose actually so that's why I was asking about this STOMP way of mounting .

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">um...I don't think you have a choice, to not choose to buy the stomp </div></div>
Pretty certain they make other stuff! That's why I like companies like Barrett! If civilians can't have it; they won't sell it to LE!</div></div>

ML, said the reason why he limits the sale of this item to LEO/MIL is just the amount of CNC time it takes to make them. not some evil conspiracy against the average joe.

I never said I dont like his products. I have several of them on my AR's in fact everyone of my AR's and the ones I accessorize for my buddies is covered in his stuff.

I just think that they could go about the advertisement of certain products a little bit better. If it is such a hassle to make on the CNC then maybe he should simplify his design of it.... or charge more for the extensive work. Make a set price and quantity to LEO and military and then give the civi's a higher price. that will turn a lot of folks away. But lets face it, if you got the coin to buy a $10,000 NV unit then you can damn sure afford his mount!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">his company... his product...his call...

'nuff said.

ain't America GREAT!</div></div>

+1 Mark is a great guy and Larue is a great company, enough said