• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue Siete available to order

ColtSAA.45

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2017
Beaufort, SC
LaRue Enhanced Siete - LaRue Tactical.png
It looks like a nice value. Two barrels with a quick change system for $2900. I’ve been reading about this thing for years, was surprised to see it finally released.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-siete/

That’s a terrible butt stock for a precision bolt gun. Also missed opportunity not having an ARCA rail cut in the handguards like MPA, MDT, ARC, XLR, etc ...

Also a small pet peeve but really ? Leupold TS30-A2 on a precision bolt gun ?! Looks stuck in the past like the chassis design.

It is not bad value if they shoot but I’d factor in the cost of buying a new stock.

2008 called...they want their cartridges back

i was expecitng to see a 6-7 pound gun. 10 pounds. lol

i could almost do a zermatt origin in a chassis with 223/6CM/6.5PRC barrels and boltheads for the same price

I was thinking the same. I thought it was weird to see .243. Why would they not make a 6mm creed barrel? That way you’d have a 6.5/6 creed instead of 6.5/243

Reactions: deersniper
in a wood/plastic stock hunting rifle? yes

in guys who spend $3k on a custom rifle in a chassis? no chance
And you don’t think that huge group is Larue‘s target audience? I guess only they know but sometimes it’s easier to get folks to make the leap when there is some commonality and the ability to shoot ammo they already have.

P.S.- I have zero interest in this setup. If they’d sell bare actions at a very competitive price, I’d buy one just to try.

If I were in the market for this gun I don't think I'd care it was 243 instead of 6CM. I have the components on hand to load it. However, factory loaded LR oriented heavy ammunition isn't easy to find where as 6CM is all LR oriented. The rest of the complaints are easy enough to change.

Reactions: Blaster7Romeo
You have to understand these aren't marketed to competent/knowledgeable shooters.

Most people here look at that hunk of shit and see a bunch of issues off the bat.

Its marketed to the retards over on AR15.com who don't know their assholes from a hole in the ground. They still think leupold and S&B are alpha optics.

No one who actually shoots is going to waste time and money on a new ecosystem, when we already have far superior in both design and actual machining products on the market today. Its more a status symbol for people still living in 2005.

^ That's what I was thinking... with the available cartridges and in the description talking about how it is set up for comfortable packing. I'm sure they would hope it gets some love from the PRS people.... but doesn't appear to be the target market. It is a little heavy for the hunting side of things-- but to say "its marketed to the retards" is a reach-- it's just not marketed to the shooting most on this forum do..... (unless they were after this market and then yeah, they missed the mark.)

Reactions: GhostFace
^^ Not arguing that those are the best performing choices..... Only that they are some of the best selling- and thus a bigger potential. I shot a lot of 243 and it worked great- but will probably never have another one.

The 260 does seem even more odd because it is not that big of a seller and the gun is already coming with the 6.5CM barrel.

DAA4D11C-7F49-4D8E-9FD4-0094FB08F3C7.gif

I was going to say the same thing about ordering another 6.5CM, or choosing both barrels at all.

And while .243 can absolutely be made to shoot LR just fine (ask George at GAP), it’s an odd choice in todays market unless, as proposed above, this is purely marketed towards Fudds.

I’ll also argue that S&B is still Alpha level glass, just not worth what they’re charging for it now days in comparison to the competition, but that’s a discussion for another time.

All told, it looks like they didn’t bother to update the design at all during their multiple delays. Just committed wholly to what they started with (which was probably already outdated, lol) and hit full send…

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
243 can be be used, but its non optimal. First, they tend to have slower twist barrels. So you can get a custom barrel but it won't shoot factory ammo great. There is zero reason when everyone is making 6cm/6mm whatever components that are better optimized for the burn rate powders typically used.

S&B is not Alpha, Its Beta. TT, ZCO and Minox all stomp the piss out of it optical quality wise. I would argue they all are mechanically more robust and reliable as well.

Larue is just trying to squeeze more money from their customers. They haven't really come out with anything innovative/new in the last 5-8 years. Pretty pathetic based on their manufacturing capabilities, they would rather just cruise along.

Contrast with a company like 419, MKM, SAC, ect who just keep coming out with new shit all the time.

Gonna be a no from me dawg. I don't hate it except for that ugly ass RAT stock.

If he eventually offers smaller rifle and magnum bolts and the corresponding calibers, I might reconsider.

Reactions: Average guy
$1400 Impact
$750 Bartlien prefit
$300 TT Diamond
$350 Bravo
$100 Action Wrench

There you go , for the same money you get the best action money can buy, the best barrel money can buy, one of the 2 best triggers money can buy, A more serviceable/adaptable/comfortable/adjustable chassis and an action wrench to change barrels. Knock 10% off that for mil/leo.

Full length rails are dogshit on a precision rifle. They force you to run a super high mount or go with a smaller objective optic to not interfere with the rail. They were a necessary evil on the AR platform, but to incorporate them into a bolt gun is pure retardation.

Only an idiot would buy this shit.

Last edited:
Full length rails are dogshit on a precision rifle. They force you to run a super high mount or go with a smaller objective optic to not interfere with the rail. They were a necessary evil on the AR platform, but to incorporate them into a bolt gun is pure retardation.
I was with you until this. With an adjustable cheek piece, this is a moot point. Many people are using higher scope mounts for comfort regardless of clearance. A full length rail is also incredibly helpful aligning a clip on.

So assuming it shoots well the real issue comes down to chambering options and the proprietary nature of the build. Also how the hell do you do a Rem 700 clone and somehow make it looks worse? That safety if the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Looks like it is a build for Larue fanbois that want to hunt deer. Which I'm sure it will get the job done.

Reactions: deersniper
Larue marketing tagline:

"For 3 thousand bucks you can have this totally awesome manually operated ar15! It even comes with an extra barrel!"

$1400 Impact
$750 Bartlien prefit
$300 TT Diamond
$350 Bravo
$100 Action Wrench

There you go , for the same money you get the best action money can buy, the best barrel money can buy, one of the 2 best triggers money can buy, A more serviceable/adaptable/comfortable/adjustable chassis and an action wrench to change barrels. Knock 10% off that for mil/leo.

Only an idiot would buy this shit.
I’d pay a few more bills and get a terminus with a WTO switchlug and call it a day if I was looking for a switch barrel setup. Although I do like the way ARC does it with the 12 pts cuts for the box wrench
Agreed about the full top rail. Moronic. That overall design reminds of the original MDT TAC21 with a Magpul CTR of the late 2000s early 2010s. Heavy, shit ergos, etc.

A bolt gun is not an AR. I can shoot a Foundation or a Xylo much better than any AR styled chassis especially with bad stocks with no bag rider.

Attachments

• 4AFF5E81-2CC2-4EFD-BE58-E6F33C041682.jpeg
    4AFF5E81-2CC2-4EFD-BE58-E6F33C041682.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 88
Engineer- “What about the stock? What are we doing there?”

ML-pulls carbine stock, a piece of polymer, and a few screws from under his desk…..

"Wait there's more! At this special price we are including 3, that's right 3 cheek weld adjustments to find that perfect fit!"

I’d pay a few more bills and get a terminus with a WTO switchlug and call it a day if I was looking for a switch barrel setup. Although I do like the way ARC does it with the 12 pts cuts for the box wrench
Agreed about the full top rail. Moronic. That overall design reminds of the original MDT TAC21 with a Magpul CTR of the late 2000s early 2010s. Heavy, shit ergos, etc.

A bolt gun is not an AR. I can shoot a Foundation or a Xylo much better than any AR styled chassis especially with bad stocks with no bag rider.
Switch barrels are a solution looking for a problem. They offer nothing over a shouldered prefit from impact or lone peak.

ARC barloc is dead in the water for the same reason. Barrel nuts and other setups are obsolete.

The Siete started as a backpack rifle, something that could be easily packed / taken down for a hunt. The Hide isn't the target audience as evidenced by the design, caliber choices and barrel lengths. I don't think too many people here will be shooting 338 Federal, but the Siete was barreled in 338F and will probably have other "game" calibers added at some point. It also has commonality with other LaRue stuff including the tOBR handguard and foldable stock, which seems to make sense given the backpack / take down concept.

Luv it or hate it (as the Hide especially does with anything Mark) it's still out there as a choice. I fingered one a couple years back and it was solid and smooth as butter. Not sure how what I saw translated to production, and I won't be adding one to the collection given my AI herd, but if it comes out in a barreled action, I'll drop one in an AICS to see how it runs.

Reactions: moosemeat
At 10lbs, it’s not a backpack rifle anymore. It’s out on an island….like, the island of misfit rifles.

Based on the results he’s posted, it’s more for ppl to say they have a Siete. Anyone serious about a precision rifle would look elsewhere. Anyone serious about hunting would do the same.

Go to their FB page and look at the comments. The fanboys think its awesome apparently.

I am happy to see more rifles enter the market. I would love to see what Knights Armament could do. It may not be your cup of tea, however, the more competition the better.
So they can sell to the .gov/.mil and tell you sorry, we’re too busy to sell to you lowly “civilians”.

As someone who is admittedly something of a LaRue fanboy I was looking forward to this. I own several Ultimate Uppers and they are all shooters and have been 100% reliable. In fact my standard advice to someone looking for an accurate AR at a bargain price is to buy a blemished Aero Precision lower and a LaRue UU kit. I also like their triggers.

However, the more I look at the Siete, the more convinced I am that it's an overpriced fail. The stock just doesn't look like it will be even remotely comfortable to get behind. I hadn't thought about it until other posters pointed it out, but the extended rail is also somewhat problematic. And at it's $3,000 price point I think there are a lot better options if you are looking for a precision bolt gun. Hell, for $1000 less I can pick up a Tikka TAC A1 and have a great shooting rifle with a better stock.

And while the ability to swap out barrels is nice in theory it's not something I see myself doing all that often. The bottom line is that for anyone interested in getting into long range shooting there are a lot better options out there for the money. Same for someone looking for a hunting rifle. Not sure what niche this fill except for LaRue fanboys who want to add a LaRue bolt action rifle too their LaRue collection.

• Haha
Reactions: sneakypayload