• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes LaRue SPR or SPR-E?

Jettubby

Private
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
North Carolina
Without ordering both and trying them out I just have to guesstimate which mount to order. The guys at LaRue said the LT104 is all you need unless you are going to shoot NTCH. I'm initially going to put a Falcon 4-14x44 on an AR upper. Plan on getting a NF when funds allow. I'm sure lots of folks here have opinions on which mount is better or rather more versatile and I would appreciate your input.

What say you?

Re: LaRue SPR or SPR-E?

I have an SPR. It gives me pletny of eye relief, but again the SPR-E is necessary if you shoot NTCH. I know you've heard it but thats the best explanation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jettubby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What say you? </div></div>

I say get in position behind your rifle prone, build your position with your eyes closed, and once your cheekweld feels good and the rest of your position is good to go, open your eyes and note how far forward you are. This should tell you what you need to know more than anyone else can.

Hey guys:

I'm new. What does NTCH mean?

smile.gif

i dont personally care for the Larue SPR, i have a SPR-1.5 on my coyote AR15 with a 5.5-22x56 NXS on it and it comes loose and its a solid mount IMHO..

If you tightened the mount properly and it is coming loose I'd call LaRue. There aren't an assload of posts in this thread about how good their customer service is for nothing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you tightened the mount properly and it is coming loose I'd call LaRue. There aren't an assload of posts in this thread about how good their customer service is for nothing! </div></div>

Agreed, all of my larue mounts were rock solid. If one isn't functioning properly, larue will definately take care of you.