• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Larue SPR or US Optics rings

chu2001

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
Hello all,
I am newbie and would like some information on what a properway to mount a scope on bolt riffle. I have a 700 with 20base badger base. The scope is US Optics SN3 3-17x44 30mm tube. Which is the best way to mount the scope on the riffle? I like the Larue SPR but read some here that will leave mark on the scope. Also, I don't have a need for quick mount and unmount because it probably stay with the riffle for a long time.
Thank you for your help.

Re: Larue SPR or US Optics rings

Get a good set of rings, USO, Badger, Seekins, etc. Good rule of thumb in precision shooting, consistancy, thus the use of torque specifications for rings and bases. Besides, if it don't need to be QD, don't use QD. Larue makes a great mount, just not a good application for a 700.

Badger or Seekins rings. I've got mine in Seekins and they're perfect- you can easily see over the ring to see the EREK knob.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a good set of rings, USO, Badger, Seekins, etc. Good rule of thumb in precision shooting, consistancy, thus the use of torque specifications for rings and bases. Besides, if it don't need to be QD, don't use QD. Larue makes a great mount, just not a good application for a 700. </div></div>

That's great. Thank you very much. I will look into either US Optics or Seeking rings.

I think the Larue SPR is the LT-104 which will not work with the USO SN3. There is not enough space between the rings on that model unimount. Larue LT-111 "OBR" is the one that will work for your scope. They have a model (not listed on their site) which will also work LT-112 which is same as 111 and has built in 20 moa cant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chu2001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello all,
I am newbie and would like some information on what a properway to mount a scope on bolt riffle. I have a 700 with 20base badger base. The scope is US Optics SN3 3-17x44 30mm tube. Which is the best way to mount the scope on the riffle? I like the Larue SPR but read some here that will leave mark on the scope. Also, I don't have a need for quick mount and unmount because it probably stay with the riffle for a long time.
Thank you for your help.

</div></div>

I don't get it. Why ask a question, then answer your question in the last sentence?

Unless you plan to switch off your scope with a red dot and use your bolt action rifle as CQB weapon, I do not see the point of QD rings.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinbaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the Larue SPR is the LT-104 which will not work with the USO SN3. There is not enough space between the rings on that model unimount. Larue LT-111 "OBR" is the one that will work for your scope. They have a model (not listed on their site) which will also work LT-112 which is same as 111 and has built in 20 moa cant.

</div></div>Just my opinion, but I don't think any of the Larue one piece mounts belong on a bolt rifle. They are all better suited for AR platforms because of their design. Larue does make 2 piece rings for bolt guns but the OP stated that he doesn't need QD style mounts. I'd just go with what was already suggested, USO, Badger or Seekins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chu2001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello all,
Thank you for your help.

</div></div>

I don't get it. Why ask a question, then answer your question in the last sentence? </div></div>

Hi Lazy,
I asked because I like the unimount concept. I feel that 1 piece is much easier for newbie to setup then lining up the 2 rings. Not really care about the quick mount one, just looking for something that fairly stable for new comer.

QD mounts are for AR types, so that you can get to the BUIS if you need them. Bolt guns call for rings IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you try ours and your not 110% satisfied i will take them back
smile.gif
</div></div>

That's why Seekins are a big favorite around here!!