• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Larue SPR screw touge set

chu2001

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
Hi all,
On the Larue SPR, what is the screw touge for the rings? I checked Larue webpage but could not find anything about the touge set. It is the 30mm ring set and US Optics 1.8-10x optics.

Thank you.

Re: Larue SPR screw touge set

Touge (or Toge')...from the Japanese meaning "pass"...referring to a mountain pass or any of the narrow, winding roads that can be found in and around the mountains of Japan and other geographically similar areas.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Do you mean <span style="text-decoration: underline">TORQUE</span>????</span>

If so, you will get an answer from Larue if you e-mail them that says 30-35in/lb which always seemed excessive to me (like almost 2x what you'll find from other ring mfg's). I run mine down to 20in/lb with blue loctite and I have never had a problem with them working lose or allowing my scopes to slip even under heavy use/recoil.

Re: Larue SPR screw touge set

Thank you :). Yes, I meant Torque. I will try the 20in/lb as you said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Touge (or Toge')...from the Japanese meaning "pass"...referring to a mountain pass or any of the narrow, winding roads that can be found in and around the mountains of Japan and other geographically similar areas.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Do you mean <span style="text-decoration: underline">TORQUE</span>????</span>

If so, you will get an answer from Larue if you e-mail them that says 30-35in/lb which always seemed excessive to me (like almost 2x what you'll find from other ring mfg's). I run mine down to 20in/lb with blue loctite and I have never had a problem with them working lose or allowing my scopes to slip even under heavy use/recoil. </div></div>