• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue Stealth Uppers?

3one5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2002
CO Front Range
What is the general consensus on these uppers? Anyone have any real world experience with them when it comes to accuracy? Is there better out there for the money? I'm looking to put together a precision AR15 platform rifle.

Re: Larue Stealth Uppers?

It's a stealth upper. You must have a top secret clearance to own one because...it's made with stealth technology.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a stealth upper. You must have a top secret clearance to own one because...it's made with stealth technology. </div></div>

It's cool, I picked up my clearances at Wal-Mart along with some nachos.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3one5</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a stealth upper. You must have a top secret clearance to own one because...it's made with stealth technology. </div></div>

It's cool, I picked up my clearances at Wal-Mart along with some nachos.</div></div>

HA HA HA!
grin.gif

I owned one for about a year. Nice enough upper, though I wish it'd been a little more accurate for me. It was good for 1 MOA five shot groups, but I had hoped for a little bit better. I handloaded for it, and it liked 52gr and 77gr SMKs quite well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: groovinpickle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I owned one for about a year. Nice enough upper, though I wish it'd been a little more accurate for me. It was good for 1 MOA five shot groups, but I had hoped for a little bit better. I handloaded for it, and it liked 52gr and 77gr SMKs quite well. </div></div>

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Bushmaster Varminters were getting better than that. If that's pretty common I think I'll look for other suggestions.

I have a LaRue 18" Stealth upper on a Colt lower and love it. Very accurate. It will shoot 5 shot groups at 100 yds. like this consistently with Sierra 69 and 77 gr. Match Kings.
LaRuemount002.jpg

LaRue18inchStealthupper003.jpg

I have three of them, and they are all consistent sub MOA uppers.

I like mine so much I got another one. For me, Larue is G2G.

They make a good upper, but I now prefer WOA uppers and think they are a better value.