• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes LaRue Tactical M4 Scope Mount LT-104 - need advice

psywar

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2002
Austin, TX
www.stiefelmaier.com
Hey all,

I wanted to order a LT-104 Mount, but didn't know if the QD Speed Levers or VFZ mount is the best way to go. I won't be moving the scope off the rifle often, but it is handy. You save $25 and the VFZ seems more sturdy. Any advice?

Cheers,
Psywar

Re: LaRue Tactical M4 Scope Mount LT-104 - need advice

Get the levers, it IS the reason to get a larue mount, after all. If you don't want or need QD, I would recommend something like the Nightforce cantilever mount.

Get the levers. I really don't like that VFZ, but that is just my opinion.

Yup, without the levers, the LaRue is just an overpriced piece of aluminum.

VFZ . . . Mark is running out of good ideas . . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup, without the levers, the LaRue is just an overpriced piece of aluminum.

VFZ . . . Mark is running out of good ideas . . . </div></div>

Ive been asking them for a couple years for a LT104 type mount with 20MOA built in. They offer a 10 MOA 104 type mount and a 20MOA OBR mount.

I have to admit all my optics are in LT mounts but some more diversity would be good. Id rather see more practical mounts for a wider range of shooters than VFZ mounts for the cheapies.

He gets distracted easily.

Egomania is a serious disease.

If you don't need QD capability and you won't be moving your optics on/off the rifle regularly, then why do you even want to consider the Larue mounts (or any other QD setup)? The Larue mounts are fine pieces of kit for the most part...I run them on several rifles that I need QD/RtZ capability when I swicth between dedicated day/NV scopes...but I see a sh!tload of people buying them just for the sake of buying them!

Depending on how your rifle is setup, you would be better served with standard Picatinny rings mounted directly to your receiver rail. If you want some built-in cant added to the equation, buy a Badger 22MOA riser for the AR, then mount a set of quality rings to the riser. Chances are, you'll end up with a more solid optics mount and you will probably save money going this route.

Old thread, but I'm looking for the best place to purchase one of these for my Noveske. Options? Thanks!

He just put all the stuff that can still be produced on sale. hehe

BTW OP, I would highly suggest taking a look at Bobro mounts. Same price but better engineered in my book. But if you love the Larue, have at it.