• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue Tactical OSR?

coolfucker

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2009
www.bodyguard.gs
Advertising for the Larue Tactical OSR has disappeared and the OSR is nowhere to be found on there website. Does anyone know the status of this gun? I figure they are in full production with the first ones going to the sandbox and LE.
While I'm at it, has anyone seen or heard of the Kel-Tec RFB LOL??
Also, Robinson Armament says it is coming out with a .308 XCR/DPMS. I'm not a fan of the multi caliber XCR design but I think a dedicated gas piston .308 XCR would work and be pretty cool. Anyone know about this one as well?

Re: Larue Tactical OSR?

They moved the OSR to it's own site, with the rest of the products migrating over eventually.

www.larueosr.com

No OSR on the ground yet, but "soon" is the word. Should be the bomb when it hits. I'm in line for one...if I can afford it when they call my name for options!
smile.gif

MalBuenoSenor,

with all that professional photography and the dolphin cameras and body protection, one would think you would just grow a set of balls and call Mark Larue.

One of the LaRue reps participated in our carbine match back in May and shot one of these. Very Sweet. His had a SOPMOD buttstock assembly and a Leupold 1.5-5 scope mounted. He let me shoot it, it made quick work of all the steel flash targets out to 500yds.

Im in line as well. I have been pretty impressed with their other products, i doubt the OSR will be any different. I think they are ripping parts off for it as we speak, i know one of the hold ups is the Magpul mags that are included, so magpul is one hold up at this point.

CJG

You guys think he'll actually start shipping by Nov? I'm starting to have my doubts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys think he'll actually start shipping by Nov? I'm starting to have my doubts. </div></div>

When I put my order in about a month ago I was told to expect at least a 6 month wait before they called to ask what configuration I wanted built. Sales guy couldn't even tell me if it would be available as an SBR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Asmodeus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys think he'll actually start shipping by Nov? I'm starting to have my doubts. </div></div>

When I put my order in about a month ago I was told to expect at least a 6 month wait before they called to ask what configuration I wanted buoilt. Sales guy couldn't even tell me if it would be available as an SBR.</div></div>

Ya that's what I'm afraid of
smirk.gif
Looks like a GAP is in my future.

I don't think they are doing any SBRs as they've only mentioned 16, 18, and 20s as the barrel length.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Asmodeus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys think he'll actually start shipping by Nov? I'm starting to have my doubts. </div></div>

When I put my order in about a month ago I was told to expect at least a 6 month wait before they called to ask what configuration I wanted buoilt. Sales guy couldn't even tell me if it would be available as an SBR.</div></div>

Ya that's what I'm afraid of
smirk.gif
Looks like a GAP is in my future.

I don't think they are doing any SBRs as they've only mentioned 16, 18, and 20s as the barrel length. </div></div>

Actually, the SBR aswer was a reasonable one "We will see what the demand is."

Of course, since then I picked up a Novesle Leonidas SBR setup, so it's a moot point.

Now if Mark only posted something useful on when he might actually start delivering on the orders from last Nov....

Yep, I placed my order November 8, 2008, and still haven't heard anything about delivery dates.

So Mark...what are the specs on the barrel...what seems to make it so special?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So Mark...what are the specs on the barrel...what seems to make it so special? </div></div>

Originally Posted By LaRue_Tactical:
Greg Coker reported some ridiculously small 1,200+ yard group recently shot out of the 16" he's demoing with ... I forget the size.

So Mark, just what size groups was he shooting with that 16 inch barrel at 1200 plus yards and what is the muzzel velocity recorded for whatever ammo he was shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now if Mark only posted something useful on when he might actually start delivering on the orders from last Nov.... </div></div>
Just talked to ML. Should be shipping within the next few weeks for the first batches that were ordered in Nov.

There ya go. All you had to do was ask.

Jesus, man, a few of you guys bitch about Mark nonstop, but line up for his product. Pick one. Either support the guy, and keep quiet. Or, talk shit and avoid everything with his name on it.

He's not unapproachable. Guys will sit here and bitch online (See Poison's quote above), but wont pick up a friggin phone to call and ask.

*Poison, not singling you out on purpose, your post just happened to be the one that caught my eye and pushed me to pick up the phone.

Oh, and its a sick friggin ride. Played around with an OSR for an hour and change out at the range a while back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So Mark...what are the specs on the barrel...what seems to make it so special? </div></div>

Greg Coker reported some ridiculously small 1,200+ yard group recently shot out of the 16" he's demoing with ... I forget the size.

<span style="color: #FF0000">So Mark, just what size groups was he shooting with that 16 inch barrel at 1200 plus yards and what is the muzzel velocity recorded for whatever ammo he was shooting.</span> </div></div>

Outsydlooknin75,

Again, reading is fundamental. "I forget the size" ... spelled out plain and simple, and I ain't picking up the phone and calling Coker for the likes of you.
As for the velocity ... sorry, but I'm fairly certain that group was not chronographed.

As for you, I am getting sick and flucking tired of you. From this point forward, stay out of my LT forum on the other site, all further posts of yours will be deleted.

v/r

Mark LaRue

No hard feelings shaggy. I'm not going to piss on this thread. I was just honestly wanting to know what seems to make the setup so special.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaRueTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So Mark...what are the specs on the barrel...what seems to make it so special? </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">So Mark, just what size groups was he shooting with that 16 inch barrel at 1200 plus yards and what is the muzzel velocity recorded for whatever ammo he was shooting.</span> </div></div>

Outsydlooknin75,

Again, reading is fundamental. "I forget the size" ... spelled out plain and simple, and I ain't picking up the phone and calling Coker for the likes of you.
As for the velocity ... sorry, but I'm fairly certain that group was not chronographed.

As for you, I am getting sick and flucking tired of you. From this point forward, stay out of my LT forum on the other site, all further posts of yours will be deleted.

v/r

Mark LaRue </div></div>

What ammo was he shooting, do you atleast know that? Im sorry but I am just not buying the "incredibly small groups" at 1200 plus yards with a 16 inch barrel.

Hell I am shooting some incredibly small groups out of my 20 inch at 600. Just because I say something doesnt mean that its true. Sorry but I want some proof on this rifle, I simply dont buy the whole I said it so that is good enough, I want proof before I buy all the shit that you have said about this rifle.

I was able to shoot 2 demo models with both our 168 grain duty WBST and the M118LR 175 grain rounds. We were impressed with them enough to try and get them into next years budget to replace either our precision AR15's or even the AIAW .308's. A couple of weeks ago I was told they were still torture testing them, but am glad to hear they are fixing to be released. They shot well within an MOA considering the awkward position we were shooting out of and the handguard's didn't heat up during rapid fire. I think the barrels we shot were 18" and 16"

This email came out tonight from larue. looks like we might be really close...

Hey all y'all Team LaRue folks,

It's been awhile, but we've been busier than, uh, nevermind all that. Anyhow, I'm sending you a link to our new far-out LaRue-tube video of our OSR as seen through way-cool L-3 night vision ...
... as the 308 SureFire suppressor heats up it puts off a cool lookin' view.

Kinda neat and a sorta short video ...
... and oh yeah, as to the OSR ... for those of ya that have one on order - we've nailed it and are just hours / days away from beginning to assemble brand new ones to ship out the door. I apologize, we have a sickness and a thing for perfection.

I love LaRue stuff but I am a little skeptical of the 308 AR platforms in general: have heard what a pain they are to maintain and less than stellar reliability. Hopefully, Mark has figured out how to make a better mousetrap. In the meantime, I'll stick with my bolt guns for the larger calibers.

I'm glad to see another entry into the .308 AR world.

I personally don't care much for the forearm but if the weight is right all will be forgiven.

Between the Larue, the return of the KAC SR-25 and the advancement of the IRA uppers and lowers things are improving for folks who want a precision semi-auto platform.

Can't wait. Oh, and Lowlight doesn't seem to have any problems getting some "rediculously small" groups out of some pretty short barrels!
smile.gif

I will say that I have fired an OSR (one round, at the Larue 3 gun) and I really enjoyed it - hit my flash target, too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't wait. <span style="color: #FF0000">Oh, and Lowlight doesn't seem to have any problems getting some "rediculously small" groups out of some pretty short barrels!</span>
smile.gif

I will say that I have fired an OSR (one round, at the Larue 3 gun) and I really enjoyed it - hit my flash target, too!

</div></div>

And LL has no problems backing up his claims either with answering any questions that have been asked about what he was shooting ammo wise, what conditions were, what MV he has, thats all I want.

Make a claim and get called on it, back it up is all I am wanting. I am sorry I dont believe the whole "Im Mark LaRue and I said it so thats good enough and you should believe me reguardless of what I say".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't wait. <span style="color: #FF0000">Oh, and Lowlight doesn't seem to have any problems getting some "rediculously small" groups out of some pretty short barrels!</span>
smile.gif

</div></div>

And LL has no problems backing up his claims either with answering any questions that have been asked about what he was shooting ammo wise, what conditions were, what MV he has, thats all I want.

Make a claim and get called on it, back it up is all I am wanting. I am sorry I dont believe the whole "Im Mark LaRue and I said it so thats good enough and you should believe me reguardless of what I say". </div></div>

Show me where Mark Larue claimed anything.... Perhaps you should speak to the man that actually did the shooting instead of shooting the messenger...

Me thinks you have an agenda here.

WTF!!! O75 and P123

All you 2 do is talk shit and bash Larue EVERYDAY!! Hell one of you even told me I was lying outright when I said I had time on OSR and that there was some people that had them even despite you have not seen or know anyone that has one. I was told to produce pictures or else I was bullshitting everyone...well pictures were produced from the range huh!!!!

Here is pic of civilian AF guy putting some rounds down with the OSR
IMG_1644.jpg

I have made comment to both of you on several occasions that you do not have to like ML but until you provide assistance to the military and contractors in regards to donation and providing products that make their lives easier then you should show some respect and STFU.

Yall the same type that bitch and complain that the Larue STOMP is advertised as MIL/LEO only.......

Thanks

Don't know what the deal is with the Shittards, but this is a little off topic...

I shot the Tiger Valley match last weekend and won a Larue mount. There was a ton of Larue gear that was donated. I figure Mr. Larue and team may be checking this thread occassionally so I'm using this thread to say THANK YOU for supporting the match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outsy,

So far I've seen you on here bashing MagPul, now LaRue... Let it go man, why must you carry around so much hate???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outsy,

So far I've seen you on here bashing MagPul, now LaRue... Let it go man, why must you carry around so much hate??? </div></div>

yeah i pretty much agree. I think that Mark is trying to get the rifle perfect so it is flawless like the rest of Larues products. You guys get your panties all in a wad when delivery times arent met, but if the manufacturer released a product to meet a quoted delivery time and the product was sub par you guys would bitch as well. The manf are in a no win situation with some of you guys. Let it go, the rifles will ship when they ship and im pretty certain that it will be a bad ass stick

Amen to all that. Once you build a highly successful multi-mil company that DIRECTLY supports our Armed Forces then perhaps you may have call to squeek a pathetic voice in complaint.
Mr Larue builds equipment that works. He says it does/will or else. That's called being a man of his word; honor is a way of life for some. Ya'll ever heard of that?
Get off the thread if all you want to do is crack at Larue. Or why don't you go downrange and find out what a fine job their equipment is doing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF!!! O75 and P123

All you 2 do is talk shit and bash Larue EVERYDAY!!

Thanks </div></div>

I'll make you a deal Later....I'll stop the bitching.....everyday(you can look at my latest posts here or on ar15 which are just questions)...if you admit I apologized to you after I questioned you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outsy,

So far I've seen you on here bashing MagPul, now LaRue... Let it go man, why must you carry around so much hate??? </div></div>

You are right, I dont care for Travis Hayley, I wont disagree with that one bit.

As far as LaRue, yeah I have a few problems here lately. I dont believe the claims on the OSR. At first it was Coker was shooting incredibly small groups at 1200 plus yards with the OSR, now he has posted that it wasnt a group that he shot at that distance but rather 2 shots at a 9 inch plate at 1123 yards. If 3 shots isnt a group what the hell are 2 shots? When Poison stated that he wished the MV was recorded as well what is ML's reply? "It was a few years back shooting with Todd Hodnett that I knocked down 3 out of 5 LaRue targets with a 308 at ~1,250 yards ... 18" bolt gun - Lapua match - Horus Vision ... " What does that have to do with the MV out of the OSR? He says he hit 3 out of 5 targets .... well thats good an all but that would suck if he shot 20 rounds.

There simply arent enough FACTS for me to say that its a proven system, and to blindly folow it on one persons reputation for building top notch stuff. Hell car companies have great reputations for putting out a quality product but they also put out some lemons as well, and how many times have there been recalls and changes made on the first production run of a car, gun, or anything for that matter.

And if I hadnt had my posts deleted in the LaRue forum you could see that was all I have been saying about the OSR is that I dont believe everything that has been said about it here lately.

What kind of findings would there be if Coker was testing in say South Florida, or somewhere with less altitude. Would the findings still be the same?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DONE P123,

You done exactly as you say. </div></div>

Done deal then Later.

And I'll be honest...after this debacle with the bolt gun I was working on I WISH I still had my order in for a OSR.

Outsy,

Why does this shit bother you so much? Who the fuck cares what Mark claims his rifle can do? If you don'y believe it, DON'T BUY IT...

You get wrapped around the axle about shit that doesn't even concern you...

Furthermore, if I were to buy one, go out to the range with it, and have a great day shotting "little" groups, would I be required to provide YOU specs and MV's for it to have actually happened?

Get over yourself man...

Why does this shit bother you so much? Who the fuck cares what Mark claims his rifle can do? If you don'y believe it, DON'T BUY IT...

You get wrapped around the axle about shit that doesn't even concern you...

Furthermore, if I were to buy one, go out to the range with it, and have a great day shotting "little" groups, would I be required to provide YOU specs and MV's for it to have actually happened?

Get over yourself man... </div></div>

Because I hate lemmings and blind followers.

JRose, do me this favor, go out and shoot a little group .... come back here and brag about shooting a little group with ANY rifle you want to do it with ....... and how many people are going to want to know the specs on the rifle, glass, and load? And for those that want to know all those specs I am sure that you have them and will spout them off with no problems.

Look at how many target pics are listed here on the hide and everyone wants to know the specs and details. And those are all on custom guns. This is a PRODUCTION gun that we are talking about ... not a custom built gun. The manufacturer is the one that is saying this that and the other thing and everyone accepts it as gospel because its Mark LaRue.

I dont believe what he is saying and find what I feel is holes and mistruths in what he is saying and I am vocal about it and I am the bad guy? Cause i am not swinging from his nuts I am the douchbag ? I dont understand that but that is what it seems like.

O75,

How many rifle test and evaluations have you been a part of?? And I mean of a rifle that is not "public" yet.
Reason I ask is those of that have been involved in a few of them are not near as cut up on MV and such as you seem to be. Below is my explanation lol:

Take the pic shown above for example...you see an OSR, Remingtons new "non existant" rifle, few M24s. Not shown is my LIL Shield build rifle.
From that week I can ask any of the 14 people that were there what the MV were in ANY of the rifles and NOBODY will be able to give you the correct answer!!!! Why is that you may ask???? Because some people choose to collect true ballistic data at various ranges instead of inputting some numbers into software and it giving you predicted downrange data. Yes we can work the MV out in reverse but who cares..all that matters is we all know the elevation and windage corrections needed on the rifles. I can tell you that my 18" barreled rifle shot significantly faster than those long barreled M24s just due to difference in mils of elevation needed.

"Blind Followers"---just because you do not have access to such data does not mean that those that are providing that data are blind. It means that those that are putting that data out for public have maybe earned the respect of those that are following. For example--how many 7.62 NATO chambered rifles you know that run an 8 twist barrel??? Does that barrel not work because you may not know anyone that uses it??? I can assure you that would be wrong assumption on anyones part, because it works and works well. There was one at same range as above pic but not shown lol.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">O75,

How many rifle test and evaluations have you been a part of?? And I mean of a rifle that is not "public" yet. <span style="color: #FF0000"> No need for me to lie, I have not been a part of any.</span>
Reason I ask is those of that have been involved in a few of them are not near as cut up on MV and such as you seem to be. Below is my explanation lol:

Take the pic shown above for example...you see an OSR, Remingtons new "non existant" rifle, few M24s. Not shown is my LIL Shield build rifle.
From that week I can ask any of the 14 people that were there what the MV were in ANY of the rifles and NOBODY will be able to give you the correct answer!!!! Why is that you may ask???? Because some people choose to collect true ballistic data at various ranges instead of inputting some numbers into software and it giving you predicted downrange data. Yes we can work the MV out in reverse but who cares..all that matters is we all know the elevation and windage corrections needed on the rifles. I can tell you that my 18" barreled rifle shot significantly faster than those long barreled M24s just due to difference in mils of elevation needed.

"Blind Followers"---just because you do not have access to such data does not mean that those that are providing that data are blind. It means that those that are putting that data out for public have maybe earned the respect of those that are following. For example--how many 7.62 NATO chambered rifles you know that run an 8 twist barrel??? Does that barrel not work because you may not know anyone that uses it??? I can assure you that would be wrong assumption on anyones part, because it works and works well. There was one at same range as above pic but not shown lol.

Thanks </div></div>

Later I think that my blind followers and lemmings comment was taken out of context, and not interpreted the way I meant it. It was not mean towards those that have had access to the OSR. The blind followers and lemmings coment was meant towards those that are believeing everything that has been said about this rifle without it being proven.

I just think that if the average joe was to come in here and say hey "Im shooting rediculously small groups at 1200 yards with my 16 inch gun" then some of the same exact same questions would be asked by the members here on the hide. Im not saying that it cant be done. I am simply saying that I am not going to believe it until I see it. I hope that the OSR is everything that it is being pumped up to be and not just another production gun. I really truely hope that it is going to give custom gun results out of a production gun.

But I am the douchenozzle because I question it, and dont just "blindly" accept it.

M118lr is reported to have a MV of 2600fps. Now I am not sure what length, twist or how many grooves that barrel has that they test fired the round in to get the velocity, but I am sure its on record somewhere. In the little email that ML posted it says that Mr Coker was shooting M118lr, so that is why I am curious as to how he got the velocity needed to keep that 175 grain bullet super sonic at that distance. I think that is a hell of a feat of engineering.

I am sure that he has legit reasons to push back the date of release, there have been many reasons I am sure all of them are legit and that he wouldnt release a product until he is satisfied with its performance. Which is cool.... I dont blame him for that.

I simply am not jumping on the OSR bandwagon like the LT "lemmings" have. I have often said that I am going to design and build a mount for a dildo to go on a rail, on the mount I am gonna put the LT logo on it and I am sure it will sell like hotcakes simply cause it has the LT logo on it, the LT lemmings will want it.

Mark Larue has a track record that indicates that anything he makes available to the GP will be excellent equipment...as a result, I tend to trust what he says. I've met him, and I own many of his products...along with a decent assortment of Noveske and AAC.

Outsydlooknin75 has a track record that indicates that he has baggage where Larue is concerned and is unlikely to miss an opportunity to malign, goad, and spread discontent....as a result, I tend to take his comments with a metric ton of salt.

So, anyway, about the OSR...

So let me get this straight....

If I have a good experience with a company, and choose to talk said company up on the internet, so as others can know that they have a good product, I'm a "lemming", right?

Than what is a guy that only goes around posting smack about a company? We need a word for that...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

M118lr is reported to have a MV of 2600fps. Now I am not sure what length, twist or how many grooves that barrel has that they test fired the round in to get the velocity, but I am sure its on record somewhere. In the little email that ML posted it says that Mr Coker was shooting M118lr, so that is why I am curious as to how he got the velocity needed to keep that 175 grain bullet super sonic at that distance. I think that is a hell of a feat of engineering.

</div></div>

The above quote is what just confuses me in regards to old time ballistic myths.

1. In todays modern world why must we still believe that a bullet knows to go unstable once it is no longer at supersonic speeds?

2. Why must we still believe that the only things that need to be accounted for to achieve accurate stability is bullet weight and MV combined with proper twist rate?

3. Why must we follow the "twist" guidelines that are NOT setup for providing stabilization at the transition range?

4. Why do we still feel that the maximum effective range of a system is the super sonic distance when that has been proven over and over again NOT to be the case?

5. Why must we feel that there are no way for rifles to have significantly higher MV than what that "ammo" is suppose to get even though it has way way short barrel?
Examples:

1. 250gr Scenar fired from factory TRG42 with "that twist rate too slow for anything" has been proven to be stable at 2000m. Yep thats way past its transition range!!! If memory serves me correctly that is about 400m past the point it is supersonic.

2. Canadian Sniper Rob with that infamous 2500yd(something close to that) hit in Afghan with his 50BMG. Yep thats way way past its transition range no matter if he used the 750gr Amax or ANY of the other ammo!! If memory serves me correctly here too, that is about 900yd past the point it is supersonic.

3. I am in process of building a 21" barreled 375/408 to demonstrate that twist rate, lands and groove ratio, MV and bullet weight when tweaked to work TOGETHER that I can still achieve 2400m ranges even though the normal 375/408 has a 30" barrel

4. All the numerous other threads on here that show people have the ability to educate their bullets into not being unstable once it goes subsonic
smile.gif

Thanks

Later,

You are right. And I said that last night in the SB.... Im eating crow.

I dont know the spec's on the barrel as it has not been released. I ASSUMED it was traditionally barreled. Id love to know the spec's.

It just seems that whenever asked a direct question about the OSR that there never really is an answer and that is most aggrivating.

M118LR published MV is from Uncle Sam and is simply an average derived during the extensive development of the cartridge. If memory serves, it was for the M24? Someone correct me.
LC or MCAAP and others has more data if you're willing to dig for it but you can just chrono your own. I've had sticks with averages 50fps higher or some a bit more.