• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue Tactical Sniper Target TG1

scout67

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2008
Bonham, TX
I searched the forum for information about this target. I could not find anything. The rifle club I belong to is purchasing 3 of these targets and I was wondering if anyone has had experiece using these targets. I am trying to find out how reliable they are and how well they hold up to being shot.

Re: LaRue Tactical Sniper Target TG1

I have several.

Great target.

Knocking them over with a 223 past 400 is iffy.

They will be used for 100 to 200 yards. The website recommended no less than 100 for 223, if I remember right. I think 223 will be alot of what is shot. They will be used alot for IDPA matches.

They have to be leveled well. When I built mine I built in an adjuster so I could trim it to properly reset even if the ground was not level. I have used it in several pistol matches without any issues.

IMHO there too exspensive and for what they do a spring loaded from Outback is cheaper and works just as well with no electronics to worry about.

I will keep the leveling in mind. Our range is not very level so we may need some type of adjusters as well. Thanks jmorris
I have not seen the ones from Outback. I will check them out. Thanks 427Cobra

I have been told that is the PITA part. The adjuster I made into the one I built is pretty simple and only takes a second to adjust. Whatever you do make sure it can’t get shot or it will.

HPIM0420.jpg

HPIM0417.jpg