• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors LaRue Tranquillo

I few guys that I shoot with have them and they have no complaints.

The sound/tone is nice.

They seem like a solid choice.

I've had one since the beginning on a .260 LaRue P'OBR. This rifle with this can out front is:

Reliable
Repeatable
Extraordinarily accurate
Super quiet

On top of all that, you don't get a face full of gas every time you pull the trigger. The brass is barely discolored.

The only thing I can think of that's not positive is it's on the heavier side.

If you had to have one rifle and suppressor to do everything from in close to 1200 yards, You'd have a hard time improving on the package. But keep up your time in the weight room.

IMG_8046.jpeg

IMG_8048.jpeg

Reactions: Defender3
I've got several, every thing above is true. The only downside is the weight and as a result of the weight (mass) and design it heats up a little faster and cools down much slower than my SOCOMS. You must have a wrap if you're shooting more than three round strings. If you get it for the $399 price I don't think there's a better option out there.

Got one sitting in jail right now, will mount on a Craddock 6ARC Bartlien (being built). I did not know I had this much patience.
Full report to follow...6-9 months

I've got several, every thing above is true. The only downside is the weight and as a result of the weight (mass) and design it heats up a little faster and cools down much slower than my SOCOMS. You must have a wrap if you're shooting more than three round strings. If you get it for the $399 price I don't think there's a better option out there.

What! $399? Where? At that price how can I not buy one?

What! $399? Where? At that price how can I not buy one?
Is available at that discounted price if you buy an Ultimate Upper kit. It's listed as an option on the large frame kits, you have to call in with your order number on the small frame kits.

Reactions: Tacovrd
I'll echo what MSTN stated. Great can, just a little on the heavy side. If you are getting a UU kit at the same time, the discount on the Tranquilo can't be beat. Best suppressor for that price. I'm about to purchase my second.

I have one also that I use on my 10.5 Ar's and my 308 and 6.5cm. It works really well. It does get hot fast. I have issues taking it off the mount when its hot but thats probably common. She is heavy tho.

Is available at that discounted price if you buy an Ultimate Upper kit. It's listed as an option on the large frame kits, you have to call in with your order number on the small frame kits.

May need to look into this further - built out a UU kit earlier this year, hopefully they'll honor the large frame price break.

I'll second what MSTN and others said. I have two I use on my large frame gassers. Added about 20fps and tightened my groups.

Reactions: Tacovrd
Yeah, I picked up with the UU deal. It’s fantastic. I run it on a 10.3 556, 308 gas gun, and 6.5cm bolt gun. My experience as others here has been pleasant. The tone and reliable POI shift is amazing. It really does help with reducing gasses in your face on gas guns. So much that i don’t feel suppressor charging handles and bolt carriers are needed. Putting a 300 blackout together for subsonic shooting and curious how that will work out. Only issue I have experienced with it is the options (or lack there of) of wraps/sleeves. Since it’s rubbed for her pleasure, it’s kind of a pain in the ass getting one on and off. For 400 bucks it cannot be beat

If I understand correctly from what i read earlier Larue will honor the discount on the tranquillo for both the ar-10 and ar-15 UU kit even though their site only mentions it with regard to ar-15uu kit?

Do all of you tranquilo owners run larues non adjustable GB on your ARs? I found it strange that larue does not offer a adjustable GB. When i spoke to their CS in November before i ordered my 6.5 grendel UU kit they told me their suppressor will run fine with non adjustable GB on their rifles.

If I understand correctly from what i read earlier Larue will honor the discount on the tranquillo for both the ar-10 and ar-15 UU kit even though their site only mentions it with regard to ar-15uu kit?

Do all of you tranquilo owners run larues non adjustable GB on your ARs? I found it strange that larue does not offer a adjustable GB. When i spoke to their CS in November before i ordered my 6.5 grendel UU kit they told me their suppressor will run fine with non adjustable GB on their rifles.

It's listed as an option under the large frame UU kits at time of order. LaRue will honor the price on any UU kit (small or large) even well after purchase. Call and give them your UU kit order number and they will honor the discount price.

It's listed as an option under the large frame UU kits at time of order. LaRue will honor the price on any UU kit (small or large) even well after purchase. Call and give them your UU kit order number and they will honor the discount price.

That is awesome! thank you for the intel!

I have one on my LaRue tOBR. The things that stick out are very low back presser and on the heavy side.. If you are going prone with a large frame gasser it is a great pick especially at the price of $400 kind of a no brainer.. If you want to put it in a little SBR or a gun you want to shoot off hand a lot it would not be my top pick

Reactions: eugevita
I have one on my LaRue tOBR. The things that stick out are very low back presser and on the heavy side.. If you are going prone with a large frame gasser it is a great pick especially at the price of $400 kind of a no brainer.. If you want to put it in a little SBR or a gun you want to shoot off hand a lot it would not be my top pick
Agree

I have not found it necessary to adjust the gas on my rifles (not larue) to go from suppressed (also not larue) to unsuppressed and back. While this may not seem relevant, just a data point that an adjustable gas block in not required for reliable function.

I have not found it necessary to adjust the gas on my rifles (not larue) to go from suppressed (also not larue) to unsuppressed and back. While this may not seem relevant, just a data point that an adjustable gas block in not required for reliable function.

Thanks I also have two ARs that are non adjustable GB that run fine suppressed though I do not run them suppressed all the time. Wondering why adjustable GB seems to be all the hype these days....

Influencer shilling on behalf of those that sell them. They do have their place with lower tier barrels with wildly oversized gas ports. The need for them is not universal though.

depends on the set up...

5.56 no functional issues.. LaRue 6.5G no functional issues LaRue .308 no issues.. LaRue 6.5 CM and .260 I could not get them to run with the can on them so much over pressure.. with a non LaRue can.

on all my guns I run a suppressor on I have an ADJ gasblock less gas in my face and in the rifle, softer shooting, longer rifle component life..

depends on the set up...

5.56 no functional issues.. LaRue 6.5G no functional issues LaRue .308 no issues.. LaRue 6.5 CM and .260 I could not get them to run with the can on them so much over pressure.. with a non LaRue can.

on all my guns I run a suppressor on I have an ADJ gasblock less gas in my face and in the rifle, softer shooting, longer rifle component life..

hmm interesting... i am building a 6 ARC rifle on a larue ultimate upper kit (replacing larue 6.5Grendel barrel with a 6 ARC from ballistic advantage). Any idea whether I should set it up with larue GB that comes with it or buy a adjustable right away? Any recommendations for an adjustable GB?

I was thinking of doing the same thing if the ammo scare ever stopped and the 6ARC ever took off. Depends on what can you are running..

Just use the LaRue gas block and see what happens would be my suggestion and what I would do.

But back to the point of this thread.. a LaRue can would pretty much take away any need to even worry about a Adjustable gas block on any rifle IMO

SLR is a frequent choice. I've not heard what size ports BA is using on their ARC barrels but they do tend to run large on their Grendels, but nothing a heavier buffer didn't solve (un-suppressed).