• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Las Vegas Gunsmith's...

Vortech03_GT

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Attn Las Vegas members, I was thinking about having the action of my 700 trued; and having the barrel cut and re-crowned. Who are you guys using locally for this type of work or are you sending your work elsewhere?

Re: Las Vegas Gunsmith's...

i have been looking for a decent smith to put my ar 308 together since GAP is not taking new stuff and there is nothing that i know of here in vegas. ccs gunworks on rainbow N. of Sahara (i think) seems ok for smaller stuff but i am waiting on GAP or maybe RWSnydergunsmithing or any other quality builder.but i believe you are going to have to send it out for a quality job.

Nobody local that I would trust. If anyone has better intel then please share. I have heard rumor that there is someone operating out of the old PMC factory that does good metalwork but this IS NOT first hand experience. There is a place in ST George, UT called Match Grade Machine that did some work for a fellow shooter; again not first hand experience but his stick looks good and shoots!

I have a few rifles built by R&D and would love to send him some more work but have been told he is not taking builds either.

I have been trying to find a decent used lathe out of frustration and haven't been finding much love there either.

Talk to Sonic Sammy on the board . When I was working down in Vegas he mentioned a guy that was doing work in the area that did good work and was reasonable .

I Shoot F-Class with a local guy, but he only works on Savage's and generally not for anyone but himself or his shooting buddies. I send my stuff out....

JeffVN