• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Laser for AR

The4thHorseman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2009
Hatboro, PA
www.comcast.net
Looking for a red or green which ever is better for both day and night. It would mount on the botton of my quad rail. I would like it to have a pressure and or push button on. I would like it to haveelevation andwindage adjustments. What do you guy suggest? Thanks

Re: Laser for AR

Invest in a Surefire weapon light instead. You'll be a lot happier with the investment in the long run. Unless you're regularly designating targets for air strikes, you don't need a laser on an AR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The4thHorseman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for a red or green which ever is better for both day and night. It would mount on the botton of my quad rail. I would like it to have a pressure and or push button on. I would like it to haveelevation andwindage adjustments. What do you guy suggest? Thanks </div></div>

the only use for a visable laser is the CDI (Chicks Dig It) factor. Beyond that, a visable laser will get you killed.

Using an infared laser at night in combination with NVG's, is a whole other matter. These infared lasers are wide spread throughout the military and are used very effectively.

But hell, what do I know?

For using a laser in BRIGHT daylight, get yourself the strongest <span style="font-weight: bold">GREEN</span> laser you can find. Even the best RED lasers wash out in the brightness of a summer day. A GREEN laser shows up so much better and has that interesting effect of scaring the shit out of people.

Personally, I think the only use for visible lasers is close low light engagements. And yes, IR lasers combined with NODs owns, period.

My greatest desire is to have a frickin' AR-15 with a frickin' laser beam attached to its frickin' quad rail.

I'd go with a green laser so it blends in with the foliage.

Lasermax Green. Save your money and mount a compact LED light like a Streamlight, Insight Procyon, or Surefire instead. For a nightstand pistol a laser might be okay primarily for the intimidation factor. There are better uses for your money even in that application.

The effect, fwiw, is identical to a red dot scope, just without, er, the red dot scope. Or an OEG for that matter. Talking here about the sight picture through the irons with the laser dot appearing at the tip of the front post.

Laser's less expensive than a red dot of any decent quality *cough* Aimpoint *cough* but it's also a target designator, the target being you. Generally not considered a good thing amongst the tactically proficient from what I've come to learn here and there. Mostly here.

I stuck an Insight CVL behind the FSB on my truck gun just for grins 'cuz I figure them 'yotes ain't shootin' back. Squirrels, OTOH, gotta watch out for squirrels, what with them big nasty teeth and all...

Oh wait. That'd be rabbits.

Never mind.

+1 on the Surefire - MU Weapon Lights, accept no substitutes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911.it</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lasermax Green. Save your money and mount a compact LED light like a Streamlight, Insight Procyon, or Surefire instead. For a nightstand pistol a laser might be okay primarily for the intimidation factor. There are better uses for your money even in that application. </div></div>

If I present my nightstand pistol, it wont be for intimidation.

I understand your point, but dont think thats the right application.

Just to back up 1911.it a little bit. studies have proven that when a intruder steps into a house and a laser comes moving across the room onto his torso he is going to be intimidated.
Its the same way when the slide is racked or the pump is engaged.
It mentally intimidates the person makeing them leave or die in the process. A laser is only as good as its holder along with a good light to make sure your target is armed so you don't spend the rest of your days snuggled up to someone by the name of larry.

I have a laser mounted on my HD shotgun.

If the laser shines through the torso of Mr Badguy and is visible on opposite wall, I know the 00 did its job.

Otherwise, he needs a few more hits till it will shine through the holes in him.

Green may in fact be the better choice due to the red laser blending so well with the rest of the red shit all over said wall.

Get a Surefire L-72......I hear it doubles as a light saber and is powerful enough to slice bread......Just kidding.. Price dictates what is available......How much do you want to spend? ..SmokeRolls