• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Laser rangfinders leica geovids or swarovski lrs

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Looking at a new rangefinder. Obviously the geovids look great as well as the swarovski. They have the 8x42, 8x50, 10x42, and 15x56.

I would imagine the 15x56 are pretty dang big binos, but cannot find any good reviews on them anywhere. Im thinking the 10x42 might fit the bill, but 15x would be about the same as my scope in magnification and brightness.

I guess need some help before placing and order. any feedback is appreciated.

Re: Laser rangfinders leica geovids or swarovski lrs

A post of mine a few months ago on this topic, from this thread :

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJBello</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the 10x42s and am really very happy with them. AWESOME, crystal clear glass. It is very handy to have the bino and LRF all in one nice unit and not have to scout with the binos, then break the LRF out and get a range. I use them for deer & elk hunting, and target shooting. I have had them for almost 4 years now.

Be aware that on a bright sunny day they will not go out to 1200 yards. On days like that where I'm trying to range a target in the sunlight, I would say 6-800 yards is the max I can get. This is only on days with very direct / bright sunlight. If it is overcast or partly cloudy then I have no issues getting ranges out to 1300, and have ranged beyond that on some occasions. I read somewhere that you *may* be able to get further out on sunny days with a rock solid tripod mount or something to that effect, but I haven't tried.

The thought did cross my mind of selling the Leicas and getting some Vortex binos + Swaro LRF (and still probably have $$ left over). However, after using my uncle's Swaro's I'm not completely crazy about them either. I really am quite happy with the Leicas and will be sticking with them for the foreseeable future. They are a great piece of kit and have served me quite well for the last four years. </div></div>

I have had the Geovids for about 4.5 years now, and am still very impressed with them. I've also played with the Swaros several times as my uncle has one. After using both side by side, I'll take the Geovids for the convenience and the bino vs mono aspect. On a strictly LRF basis, the Swaros win, but total package wise... gimme the Geovids any day.

I have a number of buddies that have Geovids.. both 8 and 10x.... They love them! I have the 1200 LRF and love it. Leica is the leader in laser rangefindeing technology... they were the first and that hasn't changed since the first gen Geovid over 10 years ago... NJS

Ben, they really are two different animals!! If your going to incorporate the bino feature, ie; Hunting than the Geovids rock. If all your looking for is rangefinder the Swaro is the way to go. I have both Leica and Swaro and the swaro is IMHO a better rangefinder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dag1055</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ben, they really are two different animals!! If your going to incorporate the bino feature, ie; Hunting than the Geovids rock. If all your looking for is rangefinder the Swaro is the way to go. I have both Leica and Swaro and the swaro is IMHO a better rangefinder. </div></div>

What he said......

I have the LRF 1200 and the swarofsky 1500, love them both, but the swaro is hands down the better tool, I have hit things as far as a mile with it. the Leica is also quite nice, but it is much harder to hit 1200 with the Leica than I think it should be. I couldn't afford a Geovid (though I wanted one)but I am more than satisfied with the swarofsky. It has a better/wider field of veiw, but I dont think its as good as a geovid.

Geovids....But I would stick to the 8 or 10 power. 15 would give you a very narrow field of view. It is so nice having the range finder and binoculars in one unit.

thanks fellas. looks like we have some for the geovids and some for the leicas. CAn anyone give me as estimate on the overall siz eof the geovid 10x42. If im goona do the bino route id like to have something that doesnt get in the way too bad.

Guys
I'm looking at the Bushnell Elite 1500 ARC Laser Range finder . I couldn't dream of shooting out the distances your reaching out to but I do hunt fallow deer over here and do you think the Bushnell Elite 1500 ARC Laser Range finder gives you the bang per buck. Just couldn't afford the higher brand equipment and to be honest don't have the additional training or equipment to send it. Sako 75 6.5 x55 140 grain Hornady A-MAX and i hand load em.
I'd be thankful for some good advise.

If you are considering the $$ for the Geovids, take a look at the Zeiss RF 10x45's. The engineers that originally created the Geovid now work for Zeiss and have made necessary improvements to the RF (including moving the range button to the right side of the bino) to make it optically and functionally superior.