• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes LaserKaddy Rangefinder 10X

Re: LaserKaddy Rangefinder 10X

"..will measure distances from 14 through 1,500 yards with an accuracy of +/- one yard"

For $200, guess what the answer is.

Not sure if any of the high price range finders will actually range a man sized target from 1000 yards on a clear day, so imagine a golf ball at 1500 yards for something that is 1/10 of the price..

I'll believe it when I see it personally, but for now...I am calling MAJOR BULL$H!T on that ad.

Like the old saying goes: If it looks/sounds too good to be true, it probably is!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MSG Janoski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This company is listed here, I assume as a paid supplier. Has anyone used this brand and/or currently have one?

The price seem to good to actually be any good.
http://www.lasercaddy.com/Product.html </div></div>

Buy it and do a product review for us...

Rangefinders used in golf are used to measure the flag, not the golf ball.

If used only for golf, this rangefinder would never be tested past 600 yards, as that is about as long as any hole could get. I would bet that's why they make the 1500 yard claim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rangefinders used in golf are used to measure the flag, not the golf ball.

If used only for golf, this rangefinder would never be tested past 600 yards, as that is about as long as any hole could get. I would bet that's why they make the 1500 yard claim.</div></div>

I've had a couple of quality golf laser range finders (used for their intended purpose.) With a perfect target you MIGHT get it to hit a range @400yds MOST of the time. In practice there really isn't a need to range anything beyond 250 in golf and the rangefinders reflect that.

When hunting, I'll hand them out to guys still to inexperienced to be able to tell the difference between 75yds and 200yds just to cut down on the bullshit tall tales over the campfire. Beyond that they're not going to work for any distance where you'd actually need a reliable measurement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rangefinders used in golf are used to measure the flag, not the golf ball.

If used only for golf, this rangefinder would never be tested past 600 yards, as that is about as long as any hole could get. I would bet that's why they make the 1500 yard claim. </div></div>

That's still a bunch of crap. I'm sorry, but even if you assume that they used a golf flag as their item for ranging...it is roughly a 1' square, non-reflective, moving/waving object. There is NO WAY a $200 rangefinder is 1,500yd accurate, +/- one yard!

If somebody wants to buy one and send it to me...I'll gladly put one through its paces and write up a thorough report.

So evidently no one has any experience with this brand.

If I could have only hung onto the the Leica CRF 1200 I had in my duty gear a couple months ago!