• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns LaserMax Guide Rods

Re: LaserMax Guide Rods

I'll sell you one for a 29/30/36....?

Durable, power hungry, expensive batteries, not terribly natural to turn on, turns off under recoil.

Not my bag.

The one in my G30 has never failed and it's dead on at about 50 feet. Battery life not as good as Crimson Trace Laser Grip products and it's not adjustable. The one in my Beretta 92 is off about 3 inches at 50 feet. Both of these weapons had them already installed when I acquired them.

Bought a G23 with one already installed. It was off by about 2"at 25yds (consistently), and was very hard, if not impossible to see in daylight. Turning it on was relatively straight-forward with a tap of the takedown lever, and holstering it in a Fobus paddle rig positioned the lever to the "off" position.

One day it quit working. I'd hit the button and it would turn on, then it wouldn't. After taking it apart a few times and replacing the batteries, I lost interest in fixing it and now use it as a standard recoil spring (no complaints in this regard).

For the money, I'd buy a new SF rail-light with a visible laser. I'n not aware of any real improvements in the Lasermax lights since they come out over 10yrs ago.