• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater last man standing with bruce willis...

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka
anybody else love this movie? i like the first shootout scene... just dont count the bullets fired without reloading, lol, its just a movie

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F4-18Y3IcSs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F4-18Y3IcSs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

later in the movie he is loading up mags. there must be a 100 of them on the table. great stuff

Re: last man standing with bruce willis...

I like this movie a lot. I've never been able to convince my friends that it is any good, but I like it just the same. I usually watch it once or twice a year.

you know its the same plot as one of clint eastwoods movies right? and there is a samurai movie thats the same plot too. akira kurosawa is the guy that did it first

they tell ya bout all them little kids. burning up like candles

That just goes to show the truth of the old saying that "what goes around comes around."

Kurosawa was heavily influenced by American westerns. He referred to <span style="font-style: italic">The Seven Samurai</span> as his "eastern western."

I'm a fan. It's not an exceptional movie by any means but it's a lot of fun and is the best "two gun" flick this side of Hong Kong.

I showed it to a buddy of mine a few years ago and he loved it. He then watched "A Fist Full of Dollers" and became a big fan of it too.

However I can't get him to watch Yojimbo which is what both those movies are based on.

It's hard to get folks to watch movies with subtitles and it's hard to get folks to watch black and white movies. So getting folks to watch black and white movies with subtitles is a PITA.

Still, I'd highly recomend Kurosawa's films. They're exceptional and will give you a new appreciation for all the fims that were influenced by him.

The reloading scene is my favorite. 45 acp's lying all over the table, too many mags to count, and nice two-handed slide releases and checks. But did they really have parkerized Colts in the 20's and 30's?

"Yojimbo" or "The Bodyguard" is the original flick. It is well worth watching. You'll notice that Eastwood really adopted Kurosawa's pacing in movies like "Unforgiven".

i checked out all the kurosawa movies from the library. that made me a fan of toshiro mifune, the actor in many of the flicks. one movie was about miyamoto musashi was an actual samurai if im not mistaken. i love the way he would wade into a group of samurai with no hesitation, draw sword and just clean house. didnt matter if there were 2 of 10 or 50 men, he just cut them one at a time. its really worth the time and effort to watch them. duel at ganryu? i think is part of a trilogy of films by kurosawa. you have to be distraction free to follow the subtitles, but its worth it. the sword play is awesome. look for the movie RAN too. nice and bloody.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lwOswxbTFd8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lwOswxbTFd8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

this is got a scene in it where he is facing off with the other guys watching. typical blood gush from this genre of movies. great sword move. plus you see the scene where he wades into that crowd i mentioned. killer stuff, hacking & slashing

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i5Fvt3ECT5U"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i5Fvt3ECT5U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

theres more on youtube

I like the movie. I don't propose to explain any of it. Entertainment is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nwsnowbum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like this movie a lot. I've never been able to convince my friends that it is any good, but I like it just the same. I usually watch it once or twice a year. </div></div>
Same here.

The Samurai trilogy of movies chronicling Miyamoto Musashi's life were directed by Inagaki Hiroshi. I think the first one won an Oscar for something. Mifune Toshiro, of course, played the famous dualist.

Here is the first of the books I believe became the movie (the books, I believe, were originally published years earlier in a series of newspaper stories. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

http://www.amazon.com/WAY-SAMURAI-MUSASH...6973&sr=1-8

And once upon a time I was a young, bitter, very fast and very strong martial arts fanatic and practitioner and read Miyamoto Musashi's book "The Book of Five Rings". Frankly, now that I'm older I should probably go back and try to ponder it again.

For any of you who are thinking warriors or warrior statesmen types, you will probably find the books and movies rather compelling, if not life changing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: feenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reloading scene is my favorite. 45 acp's lying all over the table, too many mags to count, and nice two-handed slide releases and checks. But did they really have parkerized Colts in the 20's and 30's? </div></div>

I'm pretty sure that the GI issue ones were park'd.

That's an awesome scene with the tools scattered on the table like that.

I am a big fan of this movie.

Guess I'm in the minority here, I thought it was just horrible. Bad acting, bad pacing, bad action, bad cinematography, bad dialog. It's in my stack of "If I ever find a way to get rid of this..." right on top of Arlington Road.

All of the critics agrreed with you Ratbert

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of the critics agrreed with you Ratbert</div></div>

About <span style="font-style: italic">Last Man Standing</span> or <span style="font-style: italic">Arlington Road</span> ?
laugh.gif

I love the Yojimbo story and I'm sucker for it even when it isn't well done. 'A Fistful of Dollars' was great, but sadly I found 'Last Man Standing' pretty hard to like.

The recent Takashi Miike version of the story - Sukiyaki Western Django was amusing in parts, but ultimately failed to live up the first two versions.

On a tangetial note - recently got a screenprint of a Paul Pope painting of Toshiro Mifune in the belltower in Yojimbo
smile.gif

I love the scene with Bruce and Christopher when they first meet in Last Man Standing