• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Late Production Ruger Mark I

chka

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2012
New Mexico
I have someone locally that has a (based on the serial number provided) late production Ruger Mark I. They are listing it as a Mark II but like I said the serial number dates it to between 1980-1981 right before the Mark II came out. I am interested in buying it but the guy wants $250. I guess my question is, is this a decent price or is this a little too high?

So far the pics I've seen it doesn't look bad.... I still want to see it in person and be able to get a better idea in person before I'd buy it.

Does it have an adjustable rear sight? If it doesn't, It's not a Mark I. In that era, The Mark I's had adjustable sights and were stamped Mark I. All the rest were referred to as Standard models and had a fixed rear sight. They are not stamped Mark I. If it is a true Mark I then it is a very good price. If it is a Standard model, it is a fair price if in very good shape