• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Late Season Elk or Mulie Hunt

waveone

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
Texas
I missed my Idaho hunt this year for business reasons and would like some direction.

Can anyone recommend a good state/outfitter for a late season huhnt? Obviously, since I haven't drawn it would have to be OTC or land owner tags.

thanks guys

Re: Late Season Elk or Mulie Hunt

The link below will take you to Silver Spur Outfitters. Tags are guaranteed on the Colorado hunts thru the Ranching for Wildlife Program. Moose, Elk, Mule Deer and Antelope are available. Ask for Troy as your Guide, you won't regret it.

http://www.spuroutfitters.com/

THanks MF. I'm assuming you have hunted with these guys before?

Any projection on animal quality on their ranches?

Yes, I hunted with them in 2007 on the Wyoming ranches. The Colorado ranch is about 50 miles south of the location that I hunted. However,we saw quality animals every day and I took a great buck with good mass on the last day of the hunt. The first morning I passed up a 27" 4x5 with a 6" kicker, I just didn't want it to be over so soon. The guide I hunted with showed me several photo's of the bucks they killed on the Colorado property, that I would consider exceptional. We would have gone back and hunted the Colorado properties, but I've drawn premium tags the last few years.
Good Luck.

Did a google search for reviews & there seems to be 2 different Silver Spur Outfitters. One of them seem to be tied to tv personalities (Lee & Tiffany Lakosky).