• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Laterally adjusting buttpads

caberslash

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2019
I've found the above feature to be beneficial on the MDT XRS that I have, made possible via their adjustable buttpad mechanism.

k0JMqdRy67DZk2KHtUJ7jZ-OXaJSB9Q5YoEjXFmOReHxjohX2a4JbTyH2Y5wkTl21_nm7O1uxp7mzEDBy2XH_f_c-HQoVWsw0uoxVRf3AwwTe3KdzVzZvsXH0GbjckdCI1FskfbNOsc

I think the official term (if there is one) for such an adjustment, is 'offset'.

cast-and-offset-jpg.1200449

I have mine setup so that the buttpad is to the right, when viewing the rifle from behind. I'm a right-handed shooter, so the location of the butt pad mimicks 'cast off' as seem in some traditional stocks (obviously this feature isn't possible in a chassis, unless you designed it with such an adjustment in mind). I find this setup to allow better alignment behind the rifle, as the action and scope is closer to the centeline of my body.

Anyway, many of you will already be aware of such a feature and its benefits. I basically started this thread to bug KRG about updating their recoil pad design, to allow such an adjustment. Both Manners and Magpul have already done this, seems to be a good way of adding the option without increasing weight and cost via an additional machined part.

Magpul PRS:
article-review-magpul-prs-lite-stock-5.jpg

Manners new Night Stalker:
MCS_Night_Stalker_Recoil_Pad__50109.1709221429.png

Kick Eez makes both designs of pad, would seem pretty simple to update the current KRG design to allow the same feature. Would be an ideal pairing with their adjustable butt pad mechanism IMO.

I've already emailed their very helpful and receptive CS department. Hopefully a few people agree with me.