• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Latest Build

paraman1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2003
Boise , Idaho
Finally got all the parts to finish this rifle up .

*RRA upper and lower
*Magpul MIAD Grip , PRS stock and MOE trigger guard
*VTAC Handguard
*PWS Brake
*BAD Lever
*Burris Tac30 scope in a Larue SPR mount
*2 3/4 lb. custom single stage trigger

3-Gun_AR.JPG

Re: Latest Build

Thanks , I am hoping to get it out here in the next day or so to get it zeroed so I can shoot it in a 3-gun match Sunday
smile.gif

How does the weight of the PRS effect the balance of the rifle, if at all. Do you even notice it? Just wondering I was thinking of doing the same thing on my .223.

I don't really notice the weight . With the bipod off it balances almost dead center of the magwell and with the bipod on it balances at the front edge of the magwell . It has a thin profile 18 inch barrel so depending on what barrel your running it will be different for you .

For me personally the PRS works better as I have really long arms so when its collapsed all the way it fits well with my vest on . The adjustable cheek rest is nice as well since most AR stocks are too low for me to get a cheek weld when shooting prone . The extra weight of the stock in the ass end is far preferable to having it out front for me .

Looks good Mike. Did you do the trigger work yourself?
I wish I could be shooting a match this sunday. We still have snow melting here. Looking to get started in the next month but the winter sure has lasted long.

I didn't do the trigger work but as of test firing it today I am gonna swap it out for a factory trigger for this weekend . Its not quite as reliable as it needs to be so it looks like we have a little more work to do to iron it out .

Its been raining and snowing here as well so we are hoping it will dry out a bit by the weekend otherwise its gonna be mud boots for the footwear
wink.gif

Took it out today and got 3 rounds fired off before the trigger started giving me grief . Swapped it out for a bone stock trigger and will try and get back out tomorrow to test drive it some more . I am not expecting too much as far as accuracy goes though as the reticle in this scope is not really for fine accuracy .

This is 4X at 50 yards .

13688730.jpg