• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

latest project...German WWII MP28

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    My latest project is a semi-auto NFA registered short barreled rifle, namely a WWII German MP28. Parts on hand, and have started building but must wait for the Form 1 to be approved before completing. Currently waiting on 3 form 1's for other projects. The MP 28 was a post WWII improvement on the MP 18. It quickly became popular with the Waffen SS and Gestapo. Although it was used more frequently with German police forces, the MP 28 served with standard fighting units, eastern European Axis counties, and even the Polish Underground. After WWII, the submachine gun saw occasional usage by guerrilla forces during Cold War conflicts, such as the Viet Cong and Khmer Rouge.

1676945915569.jpeg
    6cba0c61461281660f451cee097900aa.jpg

OIP.kc9yRQadbxV6rB8Xvo36hAHaJ_
    f40d8ba763e63b0e2fe91d66f6dacef9--german-soldiers-ww-german-army.jpg

Going to use actual MP 28 parts as the foundation?

STEN was my second guess, look forward to seeing it as the build progresses. Your clone projects are always cool to see.

Progress so far:

Charging handle, before pic on top, after pic below.
    DSCN6501.JPG

Receiver and barrel shroud. This will be given a battleworn appearance as in the barrel shroud which is completed.
    DSCN6502.JPG

Stock ready for battleworn distressing, Waffenamt stamp, application of antique walnut stain, and finally hand rubbed boiled linseed oil.
    DSCN6503.JPG

Prepping for electro-chemical engraving of the serial number and other markings.

View attachment 8081091

Distressing a new stock for aged finish.

View attachment 8081092

View attachment 8081095

View attachment 8081094

View attachment 8081096

View attachment 8081098
    Hitting with a bunch of keys is a great way to distress. Ask me how I know.

Out State Motto in Latin translates to “Antiques made and sold.”

Suckers! Tourists think that stuff is ready?

Ah hahah

Nice job BW.

Sirhr

Reactions: RTH1800
    Next
    Hitting with a bunch of keys is a great way to distress. Ask me how I know.

Out State Motto in Latin translates to “Antiques made and sold.”

Suckers! Tourists think that stuff is ready?

Ah hahah

Nice job BW.

Sirhr
    Next is the official Waffenamt acceptance stamp. These come out of Eastern Europe...of course. I think these guys have Vermont beat on making antiques.
    s-l500.jpg

Last edited: