• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Latest Project

Shaneous69

Private
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2007
Columbia, South Carolina
I am probably not finished with the rifle, (I can't seem to leave things alone) but current state is:
Remington 700 - .308 Win
20.5” Shilen Barrel #8 contour
McMillan A3 stock
Jewell Trigger
Williams Bottom Metal
US Optics 3.2-17x44 TPAL Illuminated GAP reticle
US Optics base
Badger Ordnance 34mm Rings

Re: Latest Project

Thanks for the compliment. The barrel/action are Aluma-Hyde II OD green. The stock is a combination of OD Green, Coyote, and Earth Brown but I also mixed them together to change their shades and then airbrushed them on. The scope is the USO brown hard coat type III anodizing.

Shane

If I ever get to build a bolt gun this is what I would want. Nice Stick

NICE!!! the scope is killer ... how far can you reach out w/ it?

great looking rifle!i like the colors and that scope too.

Jgon281,
I have only been able to fire the rifle on three occasion so far with the longest being 900 yards. Here are some pics from the Fort Gordon MWR range which is advertised as 800 yards, but it has a target stand in the woods at 900.

Shane

Looking Downrange
434.jpg

My Buddy checking the rifle out
436.jpg

Here are some pics of how the rifle did during that range trip. I normally don't shoot this well, but it show the rifle's potential if you live up to your side of the bargain. I took leave next week so I can go back and try my luck again, we'll see.

Shane

300 Yard Target
453.jpg

500 Yard Target
456.jpg

900 Yard Target - for reference the black area is 5.5 inches
450-1.jpg