• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Latin American Spring

MtnCreek

Moderater
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2012
South and Central America are on a crash course for regional collapse and a geopolitical disaster which could drastically alter the political landscape of the Western Hemisphere and plunge the United States into dire crisis.

The past year in particular has been marked by a growing number of indications that a significant number of Latin American nations are due for some level of civil strife, which creates the real risk of a major migrant crisis for the United States, an increase in drug and weapons trafficking and an expanded proliferation of terror networks. The changing political landscape is due in part to the involvement of South American nations in forming their own European Union-style regional infrastructure, which will serve in the short term to perpetuate current political chaos. In addition to the challenges these changes pose to the United States, the transformation in Latin America will provide new opportunities for foreign powers such as China and Russia to compete with American interests in the region.

I. Regional Destabilization

Multiple countries throughout South and Central America are experiencing varying levels of turmoil which are both exacerbating existing threats to their security and sovereignty as well as creating new risks. If left unchecked, such issues could combine to create serious regional security liabilities.

Full Article:
https://disobedientmedia.com/2018/0...phere-is-sliding-towards-its-own-arab-spring/

Everyone in South America can see what is happening in Venezuela, you would think that it should push politics more conservative because no one is going to bail them out.

We should have decriminalized drugs 20+ years ago in the US and started producing our supply locally to end the drug cartels which fuel the corruption in South American governments.

If the cartels were smuggling guavas instead of drugs, their governments might be Ok. No Fast and Furious, no kidnappings, it might be safe to go drinking in TJ. A guy I know might not have disappeared.

If we had done it right, we might not need a wall.

Play stupid games: win stupid prizes!

I don't understand why we blew billions, trillions, in Europe and Middle East over the last century while we totally neglected the rest of the Americas. Europe doesn't do that. Middle East doesn't do that. Africa doesn't do that. USSR didn't do it. But the greedbag shitstains that run this place often shit where they eat and we've wound up being surrounded by enemies and/or failed states.

If this place were run right starting just over a hundred years ago, we could have had a very strong Western Hemisphere which would have benefitted us all over the long run. But it seems the closer your country is to this one, with the exception of Canada who has ties with Britain, the worse off it is. Look at Cuba, Haiti, Mexico, etc. Even Puerto Rico, who threw in their lot with us, look at them. Drugs are supply and demand, we legalize, they will too. Hell, it was the US that went around the world and then to UN to make them illegal around the world in the first place! Anyway, take it away from the cartels and make it part of the economy. Do business with Latin American countries (which may take time and effort now because they are so behind). This place could be "Fortress America" and could literally do without the rest of the world if it came to it. It'd certainly give us better options globally.

Reactions: Mwalex
Everyone in South America can see what is happening in Venezuela, you would think that it should push politics more conservative because no one is going to bail them out.

We should have decriminalized drugs 20+ years ago in the US and started producing our supply locally to end the drug cartels which fuel the corruption in South American governments.

If the cartels were smuggling guavas instead of drugs, their governments might be Ok. No Fast and Furious, no kidnappings, it might be safe to go drinking in TJ. A guy I know might not have disappeared.

If we had done it right, we might not need a wall.

Play stupid games: win stupid prizes!
ah yes, the US is to blame for all of South americas problems.......fucking dumbass

South americas problems are MUCH deeper than illegal drugs

Reactions: W54/XM-388
ah yes, the US is to blame for all of South americas problems.......fucking dumbass

South americas problems are MUCH deeper than illegal drugs

The US is to blame for some of it. And I don’t see a problem with questioning what we’ve done, especially if we use that reflection to make better choices going forward. Most of South and Central America is a shithole full of shithole people. Not much we can do about that but we can control what we do. How many sides has the CIA played down there?

I don’t believe this is by chance.

im more inclined to believe S. Americas embracement of Communism is largely why they are where they are today.....

you create a system of govt that is highly prone to corruption......and a system of govt that stifles an individuals opportunities to rise and better themselves........of course crime is going to sky rocket.

is americas drug problem helping the situation......obviously not.

but tell me, how many S.American countries have legalized drugs?.......im sure just as much money is being made from local junkies as is being made from american junkies.

I don’t buy this implication of the US in the problems of South America. They fucked that up good on their own. Using Brazil as the example, that place has the potential to be a viable economy but the government is so corrupt, it makes ours look legit.

Politics there have gone from pure commie to right wing dictatorships, back and forth. I’m not sure can can blame the problem on any specific brand of shitty gov rule.

We certainly have been a large part of the problem. In Central America we set up right wing puppet dictators who abuse their own people and raped the treasure. Ive been in Mayan villages in Guatamala where there were literally no men. I thought they were just in the fields working but later learned they had been killed by the death squads. Same shit in El Salvador. Honduas in nothing but a Bananna Republic, Costa Rica is pretty stable and Panama is, or was, until the Chinese started buying in, stable and a good place to retire.

Much the same in S. America, we sponsered a lot of shit in the 'Drug War" in Columbia, Peru, and Bolivia.. I hear Columbia is pretty tight now. The north coast around Santa Marta is supposed to be like paradise.

Yeah,we totally should start producing cocaine on an industrial scale

Corruption is the issue and corruption happens when there is money to be made.

Sure, a few South America countries have legalized drugs but I bet Manhattan uses more coke than Mexico.

Also, the thing about legalization is that you get to regulate and moving production in to the open let's you reduce costs which makes it a less lucrative business for cartels (if they can hold it together long enough to get past the regulation).

Worst case, the cartels go in to the legal drug business but they stop killing people, they stop paying off the police and government and they start paying taxes.

Thinking that decades without drug cartel violence wouldn't improve the governments of South American nations seems pretty pessimistic.

I don't know what else we could do to improve the situation beside wellfare but that doesn't exactly have a sparkling reputation for working.

If we had spent billions on trade deals instead of drug wars, we might be eating cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup and healthier for it.

We could have influenced Mexico enough to bring them in to a first world economy. I don't know about further south but that would be a nice buffer.

Our drug war has to take some responsibility for the situation. If we had ended it, at the very least we could say "it wasn't us causing problems". No one would say "you ended the drug war and it screwed up all of our governments".

In case anyone is wondering, I don't do drugs, legalization would not change my life one bit. You might say there will be people driving around stoned, I'll say welcome to California.

Politics there have gone from pure commie to right wing dictatorships, back and forth. I’m not sure can can blame the problem on any specific brand of shitty gov rule.

Absolutely. The one common denominator is corruption. Its cultural in Latin America.

with all the energy spent to push all legalization and legalization of pot, it clouds sobriety.

i wish the energys and funds would be spent on treatment and a message of supported sobriety, regardless that alcohol is and drugs could be legalized,
i wish the energy went to sobriety, to many lives and family money are spent being fucked up.

I have worked quite a bit in southern Mexico down near the Guatemala border and in Brazil over the last 15 years.
They are both third world countries and the level of corruption and greed I've seen down there would make the Dems of our country envious.
The only other places I've worked that are worse is East, South or West Africa just pick one.

Sure, a few South America countries have legalized drugs but I bet Manhattan uses more coke than Mexico.
I wouldnt put money on that. Tijuana, Juarez, DF, etc have huge local drug markets. And whether its Zetas or CDS, from CJNG to CDG to LFM, their low level cannon fodder sicarios all the way up to middle management are paid in perico(and unfortunately increasingly, meth). The idea is for their hitmen, mid management, etc is to sell it(locally) and kinda sorta generate their own income without the cartel having to pay them cash. But at the same time, it needs to be noted that for MOST people, railing some fat slugs of Peru's finest makes it a bit easier to stomach chipping away at those last few stubborn tendons/connective tissues/spine on the latest movie set, or strapping a stick a dynamite around a 12 y/o's face and pushing the button... just sayin. But who knows, Manhattan is pretty dense.

All of these assessments are in at least some part accurate. Fingers can be pointed, and reasonings elaborated. We could fill page after page here with such discussions, and they would all be useful in finding cause and effect.

But they would not go the final step and render a plausible, workable solution.

I think we need to take the entire problem as a whole, starting with the present, and let history be history; it is neither possible nor wise to try changing said history. What we really need is some form of accurate forecasting to determine where this set of situations will be at a future date; a date where we can have marshaled our resources and formulated a plan to deal effectively with it and its contingencies. We need to treat that target date as a moving target, and aim at where it will be, ready to deliver the appropriate resource to the right place and time; moving in sync with the developing situation. We need to aid the shaping of that situation into one which is in better harmony with both our abilities and our needs.

We need to ask ourselves what we want that potentiality to look like, and formulate our resources and plans so that we can best enhance the most preferable options so as to move in parallel with it. I think those options work best with the objective populations being allies, rather than enemies.

I would find it astounding if no responsible members of our government were thinking directly along such lines.

Is this not the way the Soviets allied themselves so well with so many of those nations? It's a functional solution that his worked for them many times, and could just as well work for us. Partners in Freedom (not in Democracy, as we have so long been trying and failing to achieve...). Define the end goal, work directly toward it.

Let the goal be to define the peace and prosperity, and not so much the actual form the government takes. Some populations have never had Democracy, have no desire or need for it, and function most comfortably with something else. If it works, try it, and maybe even learn a thing or two that can apply to our own situation as well.

For so may decades, the US has fostered the "Be like us, or be our enemy" philosophy. Retrospectively, I find little surprise that so many have chosen to be the enemy; we helped them make that choice.

Anyway, that's a view. Being that it comes from me, it may go against some folks' grain. Fine; if it does, then counter it with a better idea. What matters is not whose plan it is, but that it be more effective than what we've been working with up to now. I hope that at least this view promotes a positive discussion, rather than deteriorating like the last one did.

Drugs are a huge subject, and always generate heat when discussed. But they are also a side issue, and one that really can't be dealt with constructively without having stable, robust governments on the ground first. In places like Mexico or Columbia, they are intertwined with government, and pose the classic chicken/egg question. Maybe it should be more a matter of the egg/omelet question. Since the Monroe days, this nation has been the 800 pound gorilla in the hemisphere. Maybe it needs more to be the 800 pound draft horse.

I think that a robustly secure border is a necessity and that the contemporary political aspects involved are little more than obtrusive groups of interlopers seeking advantage in controversy. Tell us something new. Shelving the politics, the Border is a huge demarcation separating governments, peoples, commerce and crime, revolution and terror; and needs to be secure. Not Berlin wall secure, not Israeli/Palestinian secure, but France/Germany secure. This we can manage, if we can only get off the dime and get our butts in gear doing it. What physical form it takes is less important than that it actually be secure.

We here in Southern Arizona know that an exodus of strangers and a flow of contraband are constantly infiltrating just outside, and sometimes inside, our small communities. This is evidence, pure and simple, obvious to the naked eye, that our border is not secure. The safety of our friends and families is at a compromise. We keep and bear arms as a basic necessity. We know that the violence and cartel domination that passes for society across the Border could just as easily be evolving right here if these situations remain unchecked.

We know unquestionably that such situations would not, could not, exist in, say, Western Europe, but do here; and we demand that be changed in a positive manner. We just want to be able to live the same way the rest of our great country lives.

The politics needs to be subtracted from both sides of this equation. As with math, when such occurs, the solution becomes simpler.

Greg

Last edited:
So when we going to Cuba !? My uncle sat on a little boat and was dying to go across way back in the day. Figure I’d do my part for the blood. I don’t want any office, just ocean front property:cool:

America def played a part in keeping the south destabilized. I mean we got troops that specialize in operating in that region. Now granted I’m not sure if it’s because stabile to us is unstable to them or if it’s just the role we play as global police.

We already have industrial coke factories. They’re called fancy names like Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson :D

We already have industrial coke factories. They’re called fancy names like Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson :D
Don't forget Coca Cola, but that's another story.

As for South America, where was it that all the nazi's fled to, after WWII? Where was it that they were welcomed, harbored, and protected? Likely due because of the entry fee, I'm sure.... but still. Who really wanted mengele for a neighbor? It seems, THEY did.

I spent a lot of time in Latin America, in uniform and in big business. Latin America has nobody to blame but themselves for their shitty circumstance. They all should be doing as well as that shithole Canada and even better because Latin Americans work hard when put in the right circumstance, unlike Canadians. Stop the self loathing Americans, you cant fix stupid as we say here in the south. If we stopped taking all their poor perhaps it would put pressure on the elites to reform their corrupt ways and actually care about their countries futures. Same gos for that shithole Canada.

Build two walls TRUMP.

Well, we definitely agree on one thing. You can't fix stupid. I've said for years, that stupidity should be painful. As it is a disease, and an epidemic is rampant throughout humanity.

How does that one go, regarding the 'surrounded by walls.....'? Now fill it with water!

Reactions: P-Squared
Go ahead, fill it, you all been trying with that melting ice every year, we just send it south. a wall to the North and deportations north need to happen first, right after we end NAFTA.