• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lauderdale Dry

Dougie308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I read Ft. Lauderdale is going to be out of water for 36 hours after a contractor struck a 42 inch main.

This is just the first of many cities to have this problem. The infrastructure in this country sucks.

I read Ft. Lauderdale is going to be out of water for 36 hours after a contractor struck a 42 inch main.

This is just the first of many cities to have this problem. The infrastructure in this country sucks.
I don't know, seems to always happen to liberal places. maybe they do it to themselves.

Reactions: 10ring'r

Yep! It’s all a ticking time bomb. Makes you wonder where all your tax money goes huh? They sure as hell ain’t spending it on infrastructure.

Reactions: 10ring'r
Remember, when they were thinking of, and working on, putting things like this in..... they always did what was 'good enough'. The mantra of "always do the least you can do" has definitely turned civilization into a curse.

Look at some of the Roman stuff..... still standing to this day, and in some cases, still working too. Overkill is underrated.

i dont see this as an infastructure problem so much as a “putting too much shit in the ground” problem. if you could see what is under the ground, you’d be shocked that anyone can dig anywhere and not hit shit.

my favorite thing is when i am at someone’s house, fixing some shit they cut in their yard, cause they were planting a tree/putting in a fence/landscaping the yard “well i was only going to dig a little...what are the odds i’d hit something?”. my response is always “pretty fucking high”

i dont see this as an infastructure problem so much as a “putting too much shit in the ground” problem. if you could see what is under the ground, you’d be shocked that anyone can dig anywhere and not hit shit.

my favorite thing is when i am at someone’s house, fixing some shit they cut in their yard, cause they were planting a tree/putting in a fence/landscaping the yard “well i was only going to dig a little...what are the odds i’d hit something?”. my response is always “pretty fucking high”

This is true but more dependent on where you live. PS we still have infrastructure problems.

I clicked on this thread out of shock thinking Ft. Liquordale had gone to a “dry” status. Goodbye snowbirds had that been the case. Fortunately through reading comprehension, the retirees and Iowa farmers on holiday can properly pickle themselves throughout the winter months as in years past. Carry on.

I dig shit up all over with a mini and never hit anything, a locator and one-call seem to be working. Would be interesting to know what he hit it with.

I'd guess his insurance rates are going to skyrocket.

Yep! It’s all a ticking time bomb. Makes you wonder where all your tax money goes huh? They sure as hell ain’t spending it on infrastructure.
They are spending it on stupid shit like changing the names of racist streets.

In Hollywood Fl there are streets named after Generals and Presidents. Three of these streets were Confed Generals. Hood, Lee and Forest. The local Govt decided that Black people were so weak that they were emotionally disabled by these street names. Of course a local black activist was behind this. So they voted to change them even though the city charter says it can only be done with a vote of the citizens. They did it anyway without a vote.

So I have lived on the same street for thirty five years. I have never moved but now I live on a different street. You know what kind of PITA that is?

It is time for a change and the founders left the pathway. JMHO

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Remember, when they were thinking of, and working on, putting things like this in..... they always did what was 'good enough'. The mantra of "always do the least you can do" has definitely turned civilization into a curse.

Look at some of the Roman stuff..... still standing to this day, and in some cases, still working too. Overkill is underrated.
That doesn’t create jobs though. By doing just enough and always having to repair they get to say they’ve created jobs.

I saw more outrage when a contractor cut underground cables leaving 12,000 without internet for almost a full day.

Reactions: Barneybdb
They tax the tourist's into oblivion, with us they stop at despair. :) No Tourist's and we are Venezuela in 90 days.

Reactions: Barneybdb
there is so so so much money in water. all about the revenue
a few years back, the idiots in charge here, drained our reservoir right before dry season. to inspect and repair. WHA???
i remember saying what the hell are they doing, this cant wait a couple months till we use the water and expose the walls?
next thing you know, a few moths later, the news channels and the idiots in charge were talking shit about our drought and water problems, a need to do this and a need to do this, and of course its going to cost this $$$.
they drained it and caused the problem.
for money
im on a well and septic and will never again be on public services.

tampa bay water, you can go fuck yourself

AND, whoever voted for the 1 1/2% sales tax increase are stupid fucks, who the hell votes for a tax increase, stupid fucks

I can survive longer without internet than water. But then, I'm from a different generation.
Yeah, that was supposed to be ironic. But, it also accurately reflects the priorities of a large segment of society.