• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Launching - MDT Training Shot Timer

MDT_OFFICIAL

Official Account of Modular Driven Technologies
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2019
mdttac.com

New MDT Training Shot Timer​

Hey guys, we're excited to finally launch the shot timer we introduced at SHOT Show. The capabilities of this are awesome and a lot of our pro shooters are very excited for it. Take a look at the video below to see all the features it offers.
  • adjustable sensitivity, allowing it to be used with a wide variety of firearms and calibers as well as dry fire practice, suppressors, air guns
  • saves all of your shooting data and pairs with an accompanying app
  • enables users to record video with live stats displayed on video and share on social media
  • use the app create and run through virtual shooting stages with multiple targets, walls and barricades
  • Create preset drills and quickly change between them on the range, saving you time.
  • magnetic backing with magnetic belt clip
  • wireless and USB-C recharging, charges can last a month
  • rugged and water resistant
  • app runs on iOS 14.0+ and Android 8.0+

https://mdttac.com/mdt-training-shot-timer/

unnamed (1).gif

unnamed (11).jpgunnamed (12).jpg

Last edited:
That is awesome! Saw it in action at the NRL Ghost Hunter Match and messed with it at the SHOT show. Definitely looking forward to it. Put one on order this morning and it says 8-10 weeks backorder. Is this a preorder, are are they all already sold out?

That is awesome! Saw it in action at the NRL Ghost Hunter Match and messed with it at the SHOT show. Definitely looking forward to it. Put one on order this morning and it says 8-10 weeks backorder. Is this a preorder, are are they all already sold out?
They're in stock. That was just a bug on our website which has now been fixed.

I retuned the Kestrel shot timer after I saw the features of the MDT.

I ordered one on Friday.

Looks like a great design

Bumping this up to see if anyone is using this yet and how it’s going? Interested in it but want some feedback on how it is, specifically the split times being integrated and showing up on video

Is there a way to do PRS style timing, with par times of 90-120 seconds with this? I just got one and haven't worked through everything, but I can't figure out how to do a par time longer than 60 seconds.

Is there a way to do PRS style timing, with par times of 90-120 seconds with this? I just got one and haven't worked through everything, but I can't figure out how to do a par time longer than 60 seconds.
Yes, you can adjust the time by selecting it and making the adjustments to what you need.

-Anthony

Where is the unit made? Thanks

Hmm . . . When I try to set the time higher than 60 seconds, it resets either to 0 or 60. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
Are you adjusting on the unit or in the app? What mode are you running?

-Anthony

In dry fire mode it will not go up higher than 60 seconds. I’ve been playing with this thing for awhile now. Very very frustrating. To run a prs stage dry firing, the unit needs to be in shoot mode. Not dry fire mode. One of the absolute worst parts about this item is dry firing with it. You set the time limit, desired shots and commence. Once you start. It may pick up the trigger pull or it may not. It may just pick up on the bolt closing. Totally pisses me off that I start a stage and mid stage it will beep that you have made ten shots. Knowing darn well it was only 5 or 6. Then having to start over cause it’s catching the bolt closing. Adjust the sensor and start over. This time it only picks up three maybe four trigger pulls. It never never runs the same. Absolutely pissed at this tool. I’ve moved it from my hip to the lanyard all the way to a shirt pocket. Call in for help to get an absolutely horrifying response. “We just released it so we really don’t know much about it”. When you release a product you should know everything about it. Forwards and backwards.
I think there is potential here. MDT needs to definitely appoint someone to this timer and nothing else until it is a known item in their sleep. Fix the bugs, get updates out the door.

Reactions: BoulderE89
In dry fire mode it will not go up higher than 60 seconds. I’ve been playing with this thing for awhile now. Very very frustrating. To run a prs stage dry firing, the unit needs to be in shoot mode. Not dry fire mode. One of the absolute worst parts about this item is dry firing with it. You set the time limit, desired shots and commence. Once you start. It may pick up the trigger pull or it may not. It may just pick up on the bolt closing. Totally pisses me off that I start a stage and mid stage it will beep that you have made ten shots. Knowing darn well it was only 5 or 6. Then having to start over cause it’s catching the bolt closing. Adjust the sensor and start over. This time it only picks up three maybe four trigger pulls. It never never runs the same. Absolutely pissed at this tool. I’ve moved it from my hip to the lanyard all the way to a shirt pocket. Call in for help to get an absolutely horrifying response. “We just released it so we really don’t know much about it”. When you release a product you should know everything about it. Forwards and backwards.
I think there is potential here. MDT needs to definitely appoint someone to this timer and nothing else until it is a known item in their sleep. Fix the bugs, get updates out the door.
I’ve experienced some of the same issues. Dry fire isn’t really the best mode for practicing dry fire stages. It’s best for short dry fire drills only. And a lot of the app and designing stages seems to be more geared towards 3 gun and USPSA style shooting. Finally I totally agree with the struggles of picking up dry fire trigger pulls. It catches the bolt very easily, and adjusting the sensitivity gives all sorts of odd results. There’s definitely some kinks that need to be ironed out in regards to PRS orientated shooting

Reactions: Rutter
MDT did not make these. They did have some kind of partnership with the manufacturer, but ended it after a short period.