• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Law enforcement disrespect

Direct Assault

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2011
Usa
I am seriously getting aggrivated about how people treat cops now days. Its ridiculous! The other day I walking through the local safeway and I walked past some kids that looked about 15-16 years old. I couldnt help but hear their conversation as we passed. In about 10 seconds I heard "fuck the cops" or "fuck the police" at least 3 times! Now im pretty young myself being 23 years old but if my dad ever heard me say that he would beat my ass in front of the cops! Its really disturbing to me. I have wanted to be a police officer my whole life and now it seems like no one is thankful for the service. Im not a police officer yet but I dont want people to hate me just because of a badge or a title.

Re: Law enforcement disrespect

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirectAssault</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am seriously getting aggrivated about how people treat cops now days. </div></div>

It is a two way street. There are some cops out there who are very abusive of the public, treating everyone like a criminal, planting evidence, lying on the witness stand, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirectAssault</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im not a police officer yet but I dont want people to hate me <span style="font-weight: bold">just because of a badge or a title.</span></div></div>

Then I suggest to you that you never do anything where you make your probable beliefs and values apparent to those around you because of a uniform. It's the price one pays, fair or not.

It is a sad thing but the police have ruined their own reputation. I grew up around them my whole life. My Dad was the Fire chief in the town where I live and they all worked together and I have dealt with them since. I'm sure there are a few that get into the business because they honestly want to protect and serve but about 95% of them get up everyday and try to figure out a way to " Harass and Aggravate" . Ive seen what they do and what they are capable of and I have 0 respect for them. But don't tell them that or they will sit at the end of your road and fuck with you till they find something to arrest you for or write you a ticket.

What you are seeing in that specific instance is the result of poor parenting - and has little to do with your career field.

You have picked up on the larger issue though...and that is that law enforcement is not held in the esteem that it once was. I think there are two main reasons why this is happening.

1. The minor reason is that there is more media scrutiny of police corruption, so bad cops are more likely to be outed. Youtube, cell phone cameras, and an media insatiable for scandal create plenty of opportunity to expose the small percentage of officers who are in it for the wrong reasons. They may also be a few more of those than there used to be since our entire society seems to be in moral decline.

2. The major reason is that cops, being the literal face of government force, are experiencing pushback from citizens who are sick and tired of countless government intrusions and offenses against liberty.

-We are tired of ridiculous rules concerning every asinine detail of our lives.

-We are tired of getting wrung out for every dollar and cent so that a bureaucrat can empower himself by spending my own money against me

-We are tired of the near continuous stream of rules and regulations that have become so thick we can hardly even see the Constitution anymore.

-We are tired of a government that, by ignoring the Constitution, has taken the freest and most prosperous people on the planet to bankruptcy, corruption, and eventual tyranny.

Cops, other than being voters like the rest of us, had little to do with any of that, but the thing is they signed up to enforce the will of that very same government so unpopular right now. That is not a recipe for being well liked. The military also executes government power but mostly escapes criticism because it's force is wielded against others (though that is already changing).

Police officers by job description execute force against us, and are enforcing increasingly unpopular and un-Constitutional law. I think this will get worse before it gets better, IF it gets better. I believe there will soon come a time for police officers when the law will become so un-American that they will have to choose whether they will maintain their oath by resigning or refusing orders, or whether they will subjugate liberty to their own self interest. Our legislature has already chosen the latter, therefore this crisis of conscience looms on the horizon for all law enforcement officers of integrity. If we are to preserve liberty without violence in this country, we need our best and most upright men and women in law enforcement. There are tough choices and rough seas ahead. Godspeed to you sir, there is a lot riding on your career and your choices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: backyardsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a sad thing but the police have ruined their own reputation. </div></div>

Yeah I know what you mean. It sucks it has to be that way. Im not saying that I would be the best cop ever or that the power wouldnt corrupt but I have always had that sheep dog feeling where I need to protect the sheep from the wolves. I think we're all sheep dogs, especially in this forum. It just sucks when the sheep treat the real protectors like shit. Bad or corrupt cops are just wolves in a uniform

I grew up with kids that said "fuck the police". They are wearing badges now.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirectAssault</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have wanted to be a police officer my whole life and now it seems like no one is thankful for the service.</div></div>

Any LEO will tell you being one is a thankless job. If you want thanks then become a Fire Fighter...

I am 25 now, and I don't understand how a teenager could do anything but hate cops, unless they just sit at home and watch TV all day without getting out and doing something. Maybe it is just the demographic I am, but the cops fucked with me constantly because I was a kid, and they were board. I am sure that there were good cops out there that weren't messing with me, but that meant I had no interaction with them. Thus 100% of my experience with cops as a teenager was very negative. That is as a kid, now here is why I am pissed as an adult.

The double standard. Why the hell is assault on a police officer carry harsher penalty than assault on a civilian? Cops should be better trained, more physically fit, and other wise better prepared to be assaulted. Not to mention it is part of the job they are signing up for, you can argue they should be better pay because of this, but there should not be a stricter penalty. How the hell does fighting off a police dog count as assaulting a police officer? I realize they take a lot of time to train, and I am fine with there being a punishment for it, but how is fighting back against a dog worse than assaulting a civilian? Speeding, if it is dangerous why do other cops tend to look the other way when it is another cop speeding or the kid of a cop? These are only a couple things, but as long as police encourage a double standard to be kept they will not get my respect and they did not earn it when I was a teenager. Don't get me wrong, I come from a small town where I know the cops and am friends with the cops, and get out of tickets because of this. This is an example of a double standard that is in my favor that still makes me not like cops.

The job is thankless for sure, but it is what you make of it. You can roll around town with a chip on your shoulder like your shit doesn't stink and feed the hate; or you can be fair, impartial, and helpful to all that you come across and maybe open some avenues of communication and, dare I say, trust; of course this is all relative to where you are as far as city or small town. the latter approach will not make you immune to the image created by the department as a whole so sometimes it can be frustrating when 90% of the officers in your department are assholes.
If you are already getting discouraged by people's attitudes now, you might want to consider a different role in law enforcement besides patrol. But if you do decide to pursue this career, don't take yourself too seriously. Also, nothing is ever what it seems so never let your guard down on duty, you might only do it once...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you are seeing in that specific instance is the result of poor parenting - and has little to do with your career field.

You have picked up on the larger issue though...and that is that law enforcement is not held in the esteem that it once was. I think there are two main reasons why this is happening.

1. The minor reason is that there is more media scrutiny of police corruption, so bad cops are more likely to be outed. Youtube, cell phone cameras, and an media insatiable for scandal create plenty of opportunity to expose the small percentage of officers who are in it for the wrong reasons. They may also be a few more of those than there used to be since our entire society seems to be in moral decline.

2. The major reason is that cops, being the literal face of government force, are experiencing pushback from citizens who are sick and tired of countless government intrusions and offenses against liberty.

-We are tired of getting wrung out for every dollar and cent so that a bureaucrat can empower himself by spending my money own money against me

-We are tired of the near continuous stream of rules and regulations that have become so thick we can hardly even see the Constitution anymore.

-We are tired of a government that, by ignoring the Constitution, has taken the freest and most prosperous people on the planet to bankruptcy, corruption, and eventual tyranny.

Cops, other than being voters like the rest of us, had little to do with any of that, but the thing is they signed up to enforce the will of that very same government so unpopular right now. That is not a recipe for being well liked. The military also executes government power but mostly escapes criticism because it's force is wielded against others (though that is already changing).

Police officers by job description execute force against us, and are enforcing increasingly unpopular and un-Constitutional law. I think this will get worse before it gets better, IF it gets better. I believe there will soon come a time for police officers when the law will become so un-American that they will have to choose whether they will maintain their oath by resigning or refusing orders, or whether they will subjugate liberty to their own self interest. Our legislature has already chosen the latter, therefore this crisis of conscience looms on the horizon for all law enforcement officers of integrity. If we are to preserve liberty without violence in this country, we need our best and most upright men and women in law enforcement. There are tough choices and rough seas ahead. Godspeed to you sir, there is a lot riding on your career and your choices.
</div></div>

Well said....

Broker thats so true. Just like any field you can find idiots. I don't go around bitching about mechanics or an plumber just because one wasn't good. Everyone hates us but yet when your at a party you are introduced as a cop and everyone tells you their stupid cop stories. Sure a few give us a bad name. If you don't break the law we wont bother you plan and simple. Even I have run into my share of asshole cops. At the same times they are plenty of guys who will bend over backwards to help someone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker thats so true. Just like any field you can find idiots. I don't go around bitching about mechanics or an plumber just because one wasn't good. Everyone hates us but yet when your at a party you are introduced as a cop and everyone tells you their stupid cop stories. Sure a few give us a bad name. <span style="color: #CC0000">If you don't break the law we wont bother you plan and simple </span> . Even I have run into my share of asshole cops. At the same times they are plenty of guys who will bend over backwards to help someone. </div></div>

Thats just not true. For many, perhaps, but read the article below. This was happening at a STATE level and only 2-3 guys stepped up. I could cite MANY more. Believe me this is rampant and is just one example. Its one thing for an officer under stress to make a mistake, thats human, understandable, and forgiveable, but this type of shit is dirty and is why the public is loseing respect and trust in our police.

Officers file suit alleging wrongdoing in police dog training program
http://www.lvrj.com/news/officers-file-s...-160469575.html

A Reno lawyer has filed a lawsuit against current Department of Public
Safety Director Chris Perry that alleges he ruined the state's police dog
program by training canines to be "trick ponies" and falsely detect the
presence of drugs on cues from handlers.

Lawyer Ken McKenna said Tuesday he filed the lawsuit in federal court in
Reno. Perry, who oversees state law enforcement agencies, was formerly the
chief of the Nevada Highway Patrol.

McKenna said he represents three "honest" police officers who want the
canine program cleaned up and Perry immediately fired. By cueing dogs to
falsely detect drugs, McKenna said Highway Patrol troopers could conduct
illegal searches of vehicles.

"Perry destroyed the program," McKenna said. "He intentionally committed
crimes, whether out of jealousy, a power trip or other reasons. The dogs
now cannot even detect drugs."

Perry did not respond to a call and an email requesting comment . The
governor's office declined comment and referred the matter to the attorney
general's office. Representatives for the attorney general refused
comment. Gov. Brian Sandoval hires and fires agency directors. The
attorney general's office serves as legal adviser to Perry's department.

Perry, a former Las Vegan who graduated from the University of Nevada, Las
Vegas, has more than 30 years of law enforcement experience. He became the
head of the Highway Patrol in 2006 after the previous chief was fired in
the wake of sexual harassment complaints.

When he was appointed as Highway Patrol chief, Perry promised a higher
ethical standard for troopers.

Bringing the lawsuit are current Highway Patrol officers Matt Moonin and
Donn Yarnall and former Los Angeles police officer Erik Lee, who ran the
state dog training program for two years before Perry replaced him.

The lawsuit also accuses Perry and other top Highway Patrol officers of
violating the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.

According to the lawsuit, former Public Safety Director Jerry Hafen sought
to replace the existing K-9 program with one that would rank among the
best in the country. He asked Perry, then head of the Highway Patrol, to
create the new program. But Hafen was not satisfied with his work and
assigned another officer to finish the program.

Perry, according to the lawsuit, told other officers he hated Hafen and
was going to have to fix everything Hafen had messed up. After Hafen
retired, Perry became public safety director and replaced Lee with a new
dog trainer willing to train dogs to become "trick ponies," according to
the lawsuit.

McKenna said Moonin and Yarnell filed complaints with supervisors over
illegal searches and the deficiencies in the new dog training program but
were ignored. Yarnell and Moonin were removed as canine officers but
remain with the Highway Patrol.

Contact reporter Ed Vogel at [email protected] or 775-687-3901.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you are seeing in that specific instance is the result of poor parenting - and has little to do with your career field.

-We are tired of getting wrung out for every dollar and cent so that a bureaucrat can empower himself by spending my money own money against me

</div></div>

THIS, is very likely the best post I have read in years.

Thank you sir, for taking the time to compose and post this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you are seeing in that specific instance is the result of poor parenting - and has little to do with your career field.

</div></div>

THIS, is very likely the best post I have read in years.

Thank you sir, for taking the time to compose and post this. </div></div>
Yep....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I grew up with kids that said "fuck the police". They are wearing badges now..... </div></div>

^this

You might be reading too much into this. What grown man gives a sh*t what a 15 or 16 year old thinks. What grown man wasn't an asshole himself at 15 -16

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What grown man gives a sh*t what a 15 or 16 year old thinks. </div></div>

Ding!Ding!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you don't break the law we wont bother you plan and simple. </div></div>

2v2yw4l.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pok</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I grew up with kids that said "fuck the police". They are wearing badges now..... </div></div>

^this

You might be reading too much into this. What grown man gives a sh*t what a 15 or 16 year old thinks. What grown man wasn't an asshole himself at 15 -16 </div></div>

Its not that I cared specifically what these kids said, it was just the one that broke the camels back. Young kids not only disrespecting the cops but also walking around a public grocery store saying "fuck the cops" loudly. Like I said im 23 but if i showed blatant disrespect or even said fuck in front of my dad I would get popped in the mouth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you don't break the law we wont bother you plan and simple. </div></div>

2v2yw4l.jpg
</div></div>

Just the tip of the iceurg. Try this website...

www.innocenceproject.org

Theve freed 297 men wrongly convicted and who corporately served well over 2000 years for crimes they did not commit.

When I was a youngster way back in the fifties and a cop was in the vicinity someone would always say "what are pennies made of?...dirty copper". I had no idea why they said that as I always had respect for cops and was afraid of them.

Then later on at age 16 or 17 me and 3 buds were driving around in one buds 55 Ford convertible and we got stopped by a local cop. He gave my bud a ticket for running a red light which he absolutely did not do or anything else even close to that. He fought it and we all ended up in a kangeroo court where it didn't matter what us four said vs one cop. The ticket stood. Right then I knew this cop was a liar. We got the last laugh as he then got the nickname "Emmett the Cocksucker" that spread around town and stuck to him forever. I don't even know if the guy is still alive.

I did get over my youthful innocence over that that some cops are crooked. But even then I knew, along with most others, that most cops were OK. Nowadays, I don't know. It seems a lot of them have the cowboy thing. I think that started around the time SWAT teams started to be more common. Now that's another story.

Sure is easy by reading these post who flunked the hello test in dealing with cops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: backyardsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but about 95% of them get up everyday and try to figure out a way to " Harass and Aggravate" </div></div>

Thats probably taking it a bit far wouldn't you say? If that was the case then we'd be hopelessly fucked.

However, I do agree that cops (and especially wildlife enforcement) are pretty good at digging till they find something they can cite you for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure is easy by reading these post who flunked the hello test in dealing with cops. </div></div>

This woman must have failed the "Hello Test" too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Calif. Police Respond to Woman’s 911 Call…And Then Accidentally Shoot Her</span>

San Diego police are under close scrutiny after accidentally shooting a homeowner who called 911 after allegedly seeing a man in a ski mask prowling the neighborhood.

While searching for the man, police entered the backyard of the woman’s home, San Diego County sheriff’s homicide Lt. Larry Nesbit explained. There, they made contact with the homeowner and, horrifyingly, shot her.

While police say Jennifer Orey was struck in the arm, her family maintains otherwise.

“You know what, you guys need to get your story straight,” Dennis Morgan, the woman’s father, admonished. “She wasn’t shot in the arm she was shot in the chest.”

Her sister-in-law added: “Part of a bullet ricocheted off and hit her in the pinky, and they also had to do a little bit of repair to her pinky as well.”

More: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/calif-po...ally-shoot-her/</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you don't break the law we wont bother you plan and simple. </div></div>

2v2yw4l.jpg
</div></div>

High Binder, you disappoint me with this post. Sure the cops locked the guy up but an arrest means nothing without the prosecution of the DA's office. Who's pissed at them? How about the jury of HIS PEERS that convicted him, anyone giving them grief? The arrest is only a small portion of the legal system yet everyone takes it out on the cops.

KYPatriot,

I agree with everything you said wholeheartedly. Now I'm off to play the lottery.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: backyardsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but about 95% of them get up everyday and try to figure out a way to " Harass and Aggravate" </div></div>

How do you even begin to factor that figure? How many cops do you know? Have you talked to every single cop and is what they've told you? 95% of dudes scheming all day just to fuck you is a big number. Seriously, how do you come up with that number?

2v2yw4l.jpg
</div></div>

Last time I checked people weren't convicted by LEO but by Judges or a Jury of their Peers. Pointing out a man wrongly convicted goes beyond just LEO.

To everyone else... Get the fuck over it. Yeah I said it. There's no such thing as a perfect system and like any governing system people are real quick to point out it's failures but NEVER point out its achievements. If anyone on here has a right to bitch about "The System" and the revolving door I can assure you I have far greater reason then the rest of you who are more than likely pissed off about 1 or 2 bad experiences. I'm also willing to bet that 1/2 of those people probably treated the Officer involved with disdain from the onset of the incident and gave no reason for the LEO to treat them with anything else other than contempt. There will ALWAYS be bad cops just as there will ALWAYS be bad decisions. They're human and open to fault. Unless any of you can walk on water, make the blind see, or perform any other fuckin miracle I doubt you have any room to speak when it comes to behavior. The Anti-LEO rants here have become nothing more than broken records with the same people screaming "Fuck the police" and yet they're not 15-16 years old... or are they?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you don't break the law we wont bother you plan and simple. </div></div>

2v2yw4l.jpg
</div></div>

High Binder, you disappoint me with this post. Sure the cops locked the guy up but an arrest means nothing without the prosecution of the DA's office. Who's pissed at them? How about the jury of HIS PEERS that convicted him, anyone giving them grief? The arrest is only a small portion of the legal system yet everyone takes it out on the cops.

KYPatriot,

I agree with everything you said wholeheartedly. Now I'm off to play the lottery. </div></div>

Slap come-on man, you should know from our PMs that I agree with you totally and only posted that for laughs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: backyardsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but about 95% of them get up everyday and try to figure out a way to " Harass and Aggravate" </div></div>

How do you even begin to factor that figure? How many cops do you know? Have you talked to every single cop and is what they've told you? 95% of dudes scheming all day just to fuck you is a big number. Seriously, how do you come up with that number? </div></div>

Slap, I wanted to apologize to you for the asshole that called you a coward. That was low and in my book, unacceptable, unless hes ready to do it to your face. And I agree, 95% is rediculous, but, from the article on the head of the State Police in Nevada you can see that just as a certain % of humans are garbage, a certain % of police fall under that rubrick. Man, I WANT to be able to trust and rely on you guys, but the few, or at least that % make it bad for all of you. If more would stand up like the 3 in Nevada it would go a long way.

Regarding you advice to just put up with it...well thats the LOGICAL approach. Sometimes logic only goes so far when your being shit on.

Take care of yourself out there.

Maggot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you don't break the law we wont bother you plan and simple. </div></div>

2v2yw4l.jpg
</div></div>

High Binder, you disappoint me with this post. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Sure the cops locked the guy up but an arrest means nothing without the prosecution of the DA's office. </span> Who's pissed at them? How about the jury of HIS PEERS that convicted him, anyone giving them grief? The arrest is only a small portion of the legal system yet everyone takes it out on the cops.

KYPatriot,

I agree with everything you said wholeheartedly. Now I'm off to play the lottery. </div></div>

In the "Information Age" an arrest, even if not prosecuted, will stay on yur record FOREVER, and with the computers every LEO everywhere has access to it. So if your stopped the officer sees that youve been arrested (even if your innocent and were never charged) which makes you automatically guilty of somethig in his eyes, and that puts him on alert immediately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the "Information Age" an arrest, even if not prosecuted, will stay on yur record FOREVER, and with the computers every LEO everywhere has access to it. So if your stopped the officer sees that youve been arrested (even if your innocent and were never charged) which makes you automatically guilty of somethig in his eyes, and that puts him on alert immediately. </div></div>

And why shouldn't they be? If you've been arrested multiple times then it's usually an indicator you're behavior or actions are questionable...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the "Information Age" an arrest, even if not prosecuted, will stay on yur record FOREVER, and with the computers every LEO everywhere has access to it. So if your stopped the officer sees that youve been arrested (even if your innocent and were never charged) which makes you automatically guilty of somethig in his eyes, and that puts him on alert immediately. </div></div>

And why shouldn't they be? If you've been arrested multiple times then it's usually an indicator you're behavior or actions are questionable... </div></div>

I wasnt speaking of multiple times, and I said innocent and not prosecuted for anything...so that should stay on a mans record forever? Wake up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wasnt speaking of multiple times, and I said innocent and not prosecuted for anything...so that should stay on a mans record forever? Wake up. </div></div>

That must be the State you're in because that is not the case here in WA. If it was then every time I've been pulled over they'd probably request SWAT before ever even approaching my car lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Slap come-on man, you should know from our PMs that I agree with you totally and only posted that for laughs. </div></div>

Binder I figure as much but wasn't totally sure hence why I feigned disappointment lol

I was testing with every dept I could while I was a reserve officer, putting in 30-40hrs per week of FREE service.

Cop #1 that I rode with - fired for abusing teh computer to find his wife so he could keep abusing her.
Cop #2 that I rode with - fired for abusing his wife, handcuffing her so she could not get on the internet, and pistol whipping her - department covered it up until the Brame shooting in Tacoma.
Cop #3 - Arrested/fired for abusing his wife - a Seattle PD member too (His wife).
Cop #4 - under suspicion but nothing came of it and he laid low until retirement.

5 bad cops out of one department for a town of 4000 people. There were 5 REALLY GOOD cops too, enjoyed riding with them until I made status and could drive on my own.

NOW THAT SAID, I have many friends in LE and they too will tell you that certain cops are "Short" with people, like the one that wrote me a ticket - he is short to everyone, and short means RUDE.

I respect LE, absolutely do - they have a job to do.

But until all departments have a ZERO bad cop policy, this is what America thinks and it's up to LE to change it. Unfortunately some of the laws that are out, no-knock warrants - GREAT for catching bad guys - until someone screws up and they end up at the neighbors house and then try to cover it up by arresting someone THERE instead of admitting guilt.

But my recent interaction with the Sheriffs dept was all positive, I explained how I tracked down my $350 I-pod, they called them up and explained it was a felony "Possession of stolen property" and the person went and turned it in. The cop was baffled how I managed to track an I-pod down across the internet...

I pick it up from the evidence room Friday
smile.gif
WOOT!

Cop #1 that I rode with - fired for abusing teh computer to find his wife so he could keep abusing her.
Cop #2 that I rode with - fired for abusing his wife, handcuffing her so she could not get on the internet, and pistol whipping her - department covered it up until the Brame shooting in Tacoma.
Cop #3 - Arrested/fired for abusing his wife - a Seattle PD member too (His wife).
Cop #4 - under suspicion but nothing came of it and he laid low until retirement.

Your bad experiences must be just a isolated incident

When I see a cop plant the face of a Bernie Madoff type into a concrete sidewalk, repeatedly taze and pepper spray him and subsequently beat him to death with knees, elbows, and night sticks like like they did to the kid in this video<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GVR4wTPsHYk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GVR4wTPsHYk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
and then prance around and pat one another on the ass while frothing at the mouth deeply satisfied with their fresh kill, I will have a tiny bit more respect for them.

OR, if the rest of the department did to these subhuman cops what they did to that kid I would wash their feet, maybe.

The fact of the matter is if 99% of cops are "good" why don't those 99% publicly boot stomp the fuck out of the 1% that are "not so good"?

On a side note, I really get tired of going to bars/parties where cops drink and then drive, with no worries, " because they have a "get out of jail free card".

Generally speaking I don't dislike cops. Most I that have met are really friendly outside of work and could really give two shits what you do so long as it is not at another's expense or going to harm someone. I dislike the fact that they enforce a bunch of laws that they don't seem to ascribe to and don't hold each other accountable when they do fuck up..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was testing with every dept I could while I was a reserve officer, putting in 30-40hrs per week of FREE service.

5 bad cops out of one department for a town of 4000 people. There were 5 REALLY GOOD cops too, enjoyed riding with them until I made status and could drive on my own.

NOW THAT SAID, I have many friends in LE and they too will tell you that certain cops are "Short" with people, like the one that wrote me a ticket - he is short to everyone, and short means RUDE.

I respect LE, absolutely do - they have a job to do.

But until all departments have a ZERO bad cop policy, this is what America thinks and it's up to LE to change it. Unfortunately some of the laws that are out, no-knock warrants - GREAT for catching bad guys - until someone screws up and they end up at the neighbors house and then try to cover it up by arresting someone THERE instead of admitting guilt.

But my recent interaction with the Sheriffs dept was all positive, I explained how I tracked down my $350 I-pod, they called them up and explained it was a felony "Possession of stolen property" and the person went and turned it in. The cop was baffled how I managed to track an I-pod down across the internet...

I pick it up from the evidence room Friday
smile.gif
WOOT! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Your bad experiences must be just a isolated incident </div></div>

It's the Poulsbo Police and the 4 officers were part of a good ole boys clubs that ran with the mayor for a long time. They got a pass on their misbehavior along with dozens of other city employees just because of the mayor. What he also didn't mention, which he should have, is that the Poulsbo PD has been involved in a "Getting Back to the Community" campaign for some time now to try and make amends for all the damage done by those officers. Taking the actions of a few officers in one dept of one area which literally equals a fraction of a percent of all the officers within a the County and using it to make assumptions on a majority is either naive or just stupid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirectAssault</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am seriously getting aggrivated about how people treat cops now days. Its ridiculous! The other day I walking through the local safway and I walked past some kids that looked about 15-16 years old. I couldnt help but hear their conversation as we passed. In about 10 seconds I heard "fuck the cops" or "fuck the police" at least 3 times! Now im pretty young myself being 23 years old but if my dad ever heard me say that he would beat my ass in front of the cops! Its really disturbing to me. I have wanted to be a police officer my whole life and now it seems like no one is thankful for the service. Im not a police officer yet but I dont want people to hate me just because of a badge or a title.
</div></div>

If it hasn't been mentioned yet those kids are job security. Work a bad part if town and see how much a Police Officer is really liked. We don't do the job for pats on the back and for people to tell us we are doing a good job. If that's what you are looking for this is the wrong job for you. As a Police Officer you can't let those words get to you. The minute they do is the minute you find yourself doing something you shouldn't be doing. Good luck with becoming a cop. If you haven't gone on a ride a long yet, it will be worth your while.

IMHO the reason LE today are recieving such anti-popularity is due to the growth of guvmint and the "feeling" that we could be moving twords a police state.
Every new active shooter sitrep causes doubt in the masses of legal firearm ownership, and paranoia among the less intelligent.
The other aspect of what i see as "gross overreaction" by most LE departments when reacting to a backpack left at a train station, shows we have given in to fear.
Financially most realize now that the benefits promised unions are not sustainable, and that something has to give.
Since many feel the elephant in the room when speaking of budget crisis, is guvmint union pensions, you have that to deal with as well.
Experts seem to agree it will get much worse before it gets better, unless we somehow come to our senses in the ballot box this november.
suck it up, in my day I looked at hatred as a gift, it kept me on edge.

Now this is a cop bashing fest......Cops are people, there are good ones and bad ones. How often do LEO's do good and even great things? How often are they thanked for this? How often do these deeds get any attention?

How much attention do the bad things LEO's do get?

We focus on their failures we expect out of them what we cannot do ourselves. We will openly say we could and would not do that essential job they do but will bash them in a second saying how much better of a job we could do....if we really wanted to.

I guess you guys can call a firefighter or crackhead the next time you need help.

My old Platoon Sergeant said something that lightened the mood during my Article 15 hearing a long time ago, and I think it may be pretty relevant to this discussion
"Ninety-Nine Attaboys will never equal one 'oh shit'".

I moved in with some buddies about six months back. We're in a decent house, in a somewhat sketchy neighborhood. Our former neighbor was with Anchorage PD(also an Air Force Reserve TAC-P), roommate 1 is a security guard, Roommate 2 is a Combat medic, his harpy Ex girlfriend was also a Medic (since moved out), and I'm with The National Park Service. So there's no shortage of Uniforms in our two houses. We've got a couple of really sketchy apartment complexes across the street that we've been concerned about for a while, just sitting upstairs and watching the traffic in and out, and watching the interactions, I'm damn sure there's at least one drug dealer in there, plus the White trash wild kingdom next door to them..

I asked my neighbor why he moved here, with all of the drug trafficing and other such tomfoolery. He said it was part of the city's crime fighting plan- give APD officers a pass on property taxes for living in the ghetto, hoping that having cruisers and PD in the neighborhood would settle things down.

Well, long story short, he got deployed a while back, and while he was gone, all of those hood rats crawled out of the gutter and started coming after his family while he was in Afghanistan. Without him there, we grew concerned that there would be a serious attempt at a home invasion of either our house, or our neighbors'. So, being sensible individuals, we armed ourselves to the teeth, My Plate Carrier, rifle and sidearm had a dandy little home next to the bed, and under the pillow. The Bastards caught on, probably because of the open carrying around the yard, one of us was always home, and things settled down after our neighbor came back.

We're pretty damn sure the only reason we didn't have a full-on confrontation was because Zoomies have such short deployments. But now, because of the deployment shenanigans, our neighbor has moved out. Talking with him a few weeks back, I mentioned that things may get hairy with those idiots across the street without him here. He said "don't worry, now that I'm outta here, I'll be able to take care of these clowns without worrying. the kid gloves are off."

since then, there's been about five or six incidents in which 2 or more cruisers have swung by and taken care of business. The neighborhood's leveled out, but every time my roommate or myself leave for work, or come home, there's always that wonderful stare-down from across the street. had an old woman shake her fist at me from her balcony, saying "fuck the police!" a week or so ago. I couldn't help but laugh at her ignorance.

We've had a few Shootings involving the APD this summer, all of them fatal, and all of them justified. Certain Pansies among us are crying foul play because the police didn't shoot to wound. They used pepper spray, tasers, and the perps kept coming, so they got fucking shot. The dumbasses had every chance to drop their weapons, but I guess stupid people will die stupid.

So now every bleeding heart, their mothers, and the ghetto community is gunning for APD. I'm pleased with the services rendered by The Anchorage Police Department, every officer I have met has been an absolute professional, and a great person. But thats probably because I'm not a drug dealing shithead.

If you have an opinion about how your police force conducts business, there is a way to go about fixing it- the best way being to join said police force.

Some thoughts...

Considering a career in law enforcement? Good for you! It's a noble calling.

If you're concerned about that one incident of disrespect, I'd put this incident into perspective.

1) I work as a civilian analyst in a police department. The VAST majority of officers I have observed and have worked with are consummate professionals who pride themselves on serving their ENTIRE community. Police are, in my opinion, on the whole very good people with a very difficult job.

2) There has never been a time where all 15-16 year old boys were docilely polite to authority figures. It's in the nature of adolescent boys to occasionally push boundaries and act out. VERY few among us could honestly say we haven't done something as equally stupid and disrespectful at that age at SOME time or another, particularly when our parents weren't over our shoulders at the time.

Not saying it's right...just that it isn't uncommon for adolescents to display occasional acts of disrespect towards authority figures...even if they come from good families.

I would caution you not to take personal experiences and generalize them. Easy trap to fall into, and also why some police officers get jaded (they do after all routinely deal with a cross section of society that could easily make them think that it's human nature to be an asshole). Those are the officers that are usually the ones who start getting "short" with everyone.

3) By virtue of wearing a uniform and being an authority figure, you will attract some disrespectful comments and be tested on the job in ways normal people don't. It's the nature of the job. Always has been, always will be.

Just because of what the job requires, you'll be interacting with folks who will be pissed ANYONE is interfering with their lives (right or wrong) and not the people who genuinely are grateful for what you do. That doesn't mean that the majority of people aren't grateful for police and what they do, they're just not as vocal as the minority who aren't.

If you don't take it personally, and don't let the authority your position grants you get to your head, I'm sure you'll be like the VAST majority of officers I know who are professional and good at their jobs.

Good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm pleased with the services rendered by The Anchorage Police Department, every officer I have met has been an absolute professional, and a great person.</div></div>

I spent 20 years with the Anchorage Police Dept. retiring in 94. It was a honest dept. They'd fire you for so much as taking a free cup of coffee.

APD officers were real good about policing their own. Peer presure was rough if you screwed up.

Kind of went down hill since, still honest but they've taken to carrying those silly plastic guns, Glocks and such shit.

Real Cops carry revolvers. I was issued a Model 28 Smith and they gave it to me when I retired. Still the best service revolver going.

When so many cops lie in reports, lie on the stand, throw women and kids onto the street with guns at their heads because they don;t bother to find out this is NOT who they are looking for, harrass women and kids while their husband is gone, so many infractions on civilians by civilians who wear badges and carry guns.
The way I see it, until each and every single individual cop stands up and does the righ tthing, stops lieing on reports or making up shit to get a conviction, they will continue to be more than worthy to get every amount of disrespect they get.

Why do <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">I</span></span> think like this? Personal experience. When I was in the National Guard I had a few friends over cutting up a couple lambs that we butchered. Now all of us had gone to a gun show a few months earlier, bought nice little Model B Uzi's and had them as investment guns, never shooting them. When Cali said register them, we complied. What I didn't know was that one of my other friends was down the street trying to sell his fo rrent money. The buyer was a dirty cop named Albritten who had a history harassing my younger brother for vehicle stuff, but was now undercover. He was trying to get 'Joe' to TRADE his Uzi for Meth. Not going to happen, Joe needed rent money and would not budge. 'Billy' was with Joe, hanging out. Billy was a street kid who always found trouble or 'knew' people. Joe needed someone to buy a collector Uzi for rent money, Billy 'knew a guy'. Well Panty 6 and #1 left the house to go down the street to the store. They got candy and soda. Panty 6 as she passed Billy said Hi when he said Hi(Who the fuck is this guy saying hi to me she wondered), you know, two strangers just being amicable. Well Joe's Panty 6 was maybe 50 pounds heavier than mine, had short red hair(mine had long black Hawaiian hair, darker skin). Well Albritten could not trade his dope to Joe, so he instead initiated the arrest and LEO jumped out from trucks, out from behind garbage cans and came from everywhere to bust this kid with the big bad Uzi. OH wait! His ol lady was on look out and spoke to the other guy Billy, BAM on the ground both Panty 6 and #1(4 years old), guns to their heads, shoved into the concrete candy and soda kicked and stepped, faces scrubbed on the cement because some douche bag enema nozzle cop said she was Joe's ol lady. They ask Panty 6 about the guns. Not knowing wtf is goin gon or anything, she says we have a ruger 9mm, and a carbine uzi. Next thing I know, I got four suits at my door asking about my guns. I show the papers, and they one walks in and says, we need to take this so we can inspect it to see if it is fully auto(Dipshit motherfucker douche bag, it';s a fucking Model B, semi automatic carbine). Now, four uniforms walk up with first my four year old in cuffs, facce all scraped up, then I see my beautiful wife, face all scraped up, cuffed, and I see nothing but grey..of fuck, not now, please,"Motherfuckers, you get those goddamned cuffs off my family before I kick all your fucking asses!" I took a stance, got ready for close personal combat and was about to lay a serious ass whooping on four leo's and a pair of uni's. I already knew who was gettin ghit in what ballsac or knee and how fast in what order to rescue my wife and kid.
DEA suit says,"We got nothing here but a registered assault rifle, get those two out of the cuffs NOW" I was shaking so hard from anger, the grey was turning red and I was so close to unloading. DEA steps in front of me and says,"Stand down Soldier, we made a mistake" That was it, I yelled untielligeble USMC standard insults at him, yelled at the other's for scraping up my family for no reason, and for what? Mistaken Identity because a woman said hi to some miscreant who said hi first?
Fast forward three weeks later: I am off at the Utah Special Forces Military Academy with 10th Group Reservists training for desert shield deployment, then another two weeks for PLDC. I get to call Panty 6 each night, adn each night I hear the same story. "Every time I go out of th ehouse, a cop is following me, they keep driving by all slow and shit, what the fuck did we do???" We did nothing wrong. I let my CO and 1SG know, but they can do nothing about it. So I finally get home. The very next fucking day, fat ass uniform rolls by all slow giving us the evil eye. I wait because I still have to know. He is almost to the end of the block. I turn my back, hand behind me and give him the bird. Brake lights, and a full speed run right to my driveway, jumping out,"You got a problem son!?!?!"
"Fuck you pig, yeah I got a problem, what they fuck you doinhg hassling my fucking ol lady while I am off at military school, get your goddamned supervisor or sergeant over here now before I fuck you up you fuckin gpiece of shit!"
"You want to get arrested"
"Bring it bitch, come onto my property if you dare, I'll kick your fucking ass so bad you will wonder what truck fucked you up motherfucker!" So there we are, standing ther at a slight impass. He knows he fucked up, has no valid reason to come onto my property and we wait for th esupervisor. I tell Panty 6 to go inside and talk to my Mom(she is dating the chief of police at the time). Sarg shows up, asls what the problem is, and I try to explain quietly and peacefully that I do not like my wife being harrassed while I am away on military duty. Then his radio goes off. He talks quietly with rolled up wiondows for about five minutes. Then he comes out. He tells fat ass that we are not a problem and to leave. He apologises and tells us we will not be harrassed further. After that, no more issues.

As a cop, you demand respect. Fuck that. You get jack shit until you fucking earn it civilian. You come rolling up on me with attitude, you get it back ten times worse, but remember, I can outfight you, and outkickass you any day of the week because I am better trained than you. I have 40 years of training in martial arts, hand ot hand combat, and more subdue training than you do. You demand respect??? Mother fucker, YOU OWE MY FAMILY. You fucking owe my wife and kid a HUGE debt. WHen that is paid back in full, ya badge wearing civilian, you might get respect.

To those of you who I know, adn to who I have a very good relationship with, those of you who wear those badges the right way, adn work damned hard to overcome the shitbags you work with, you have the respect and admiration of this family because it is you who have stopped by while I was away to make sure everything was fine. It is you who lives down my street and asks how things are going when we walk by. You gents are teh good guys and you know damn well by the fact that you do shit right all the time you earn the respect you deserve. To the local detective who saw me go down, drove his SUV to block two lanes, and stopped me from getting hit by oncoming traffic, your rapid thinging and action get nothing short of the awe, respect, and admiration of my entire family for saving my ass that day when some fucktard hit my bike.
To the rest of you who weear a badge adn think you rate: Earn it. Do the right thing and keep clean. DOn;t fuck yourself like that college professor is telling you by liein gon the stand and making illegal searches look legal on paper and with 'little white lies'. That's just one more shithead teaching you how to be a bad cop and just one more piece of shit civilian with a badge.
Yeah, I earned my attitude. It was your fault I got this way too, so remember that. You made me. As I said, when my family gets that apology from 1989 I might just change my attitude on the rank and file, but not yet, I ain't done hating you for the fact that I got to see my beautiful wife and first son all cuffed up with scraped up faces for no reason

^^^^^^

Thats a lot venom, brother. Believe me I understand, but its best put behind you. I wont even tell my stories. That shit will just eat you up. It will also make you make a mistake in the future.

Not addressing yuo, Switch, just a general comment. I really hate this "cop bashing", because it is shitting on the really good officers out there, but facts are facts and its far more than a fraction of a % who cause the trouble. The old saying "Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely." really is true in this situation. A lot of good guys take the job, and learn to enjoy the feel of that power, and then the slide begins.

To all you GOOG LEO's out ther....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND THE RISKS YOU TAKE EVERYDAY TO KEEP MY FAMILY SAFE.

To the asswipes...look out for Switch. And me.

A 4 year old, handcuffed? Really? I can see the rest of your tale happening but to handcuff a 4 year old kid seems a bit too far fetched to me. Not saying that it didn't happen but as I'm looking at my cuffs right now, even on the smallest setting it wouldn't be enough to secure wrists so small.

Again, not calling you a liar bro but that part seems to be a bit much.

And if it happened anything like you say it did, those involved are scumbags and deserve cancer of the anus.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When so many cops lie in reports, lie on the stand, throw women and kids onto the street with guns at their heads because they don;t bother to find out this is NOT who they are looking for, harrass women and kids while their husband is gone, so many infractions on civilians by civilians who wear badges and carry guns.
The way I see it, until each and every single individual cop stands up and does the righ tthing, stops lieing on reports or making up shit to get a conviction, they will continue to be more than worthy to get every amount of disrespect they get.

Why do <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">I</span></span> think like this? Personal experience. When I was in the National Guard I had a few friends over cutting up a couple lambs that we butchered. Now all of us had gone to a gun show a few months earlier, bought nice little Model B Uzi's and had them as investment guns, never shooting them. When Cali said register them, we complied. What I didn't know was that one of my other friends was down the street trying to sell his fo rrent money. The buyer was a dirty cop named Albritten who had a history harassing my younger brother for vehicle stuff, but was now undercover. He was trying to get 'Joe' to TRADE his Uzi for Meth. Not going to happen, Joe needed rent money and would not budge. 'Billy' was with Joe, hanging out. Billy was a street kid who always found trouble or 'knew' people. Joe needed someone to buy a collector Uzi for rent money, Billy 'knew a guy'. Well Panty 6 and #1 left the house to go down the street to the store. They got candy and soda. Panty 6 as she passed Billy said Hi when he said Hi(Who the fuck is this guy saying hi to me she wondered), you know, two strangers just being amicable. Well Joe's Panty 6 was maybe 50 pounds heavier than mine, had short red hair(mine had long black Hawaiian hair, darker skin). Well Albritten could not trade his dope to Joe, so he instead initiated the arrest and LEO jumped out from trucks, out from behind garbage cans and came from everywhere to bust this kid with the big bad Uzi. OH wait! His ol lady was on look out and spoke to the other guy Billy, BAM on the ground both Panty 6 and #1(4 years old), guns to their heads, shoved into the concrete candy and soda kicked and stepped, faces scrubbed on the cement because some douche bag enema nozzle cop said she was Joe's ol lady. They ask Panty 6 about the guns. Not knowing wtf is goin gon or anything, she says we have a ruger 9mm, and a carbine uzi. Next thing I know, I got four suits at my door asking about my guns. I show the papers, and they one walks in and says, we need to take this so we can inspect it to see if it is fully auto(Dipshit motherfucker douche bag, it';s a fucking Model B, semi automatic carbine). Now, four uniforms walk up with first my four year old in cuffs, facce all scraped up, then I see my beautiful wife, face all scraped up, cuffed, and I see nothing but grey..of fuck, not now, please,"Motherfuckers, you get those goddamned cuffs off my family before I kick all your fucking asses!" I took a stance, got ready for close personal combat and was about to lay a serious ass whooping on four leo's and a pair of uni's. I already knew who was gettin ghit in what ballsac or knee and how fast in what order to rescue my wife and kid.
DEA suit says,"We got nothing here but a registered assault rifle, get those two out of the cuffs NOW" I was shaking so hard from anger, the grey was turning red and I was so close to unloading. DEA steps in front of me and says,"Stand down Soldier, we made a mistake" That was it, I yelled untielligeble USMC standard insults at him, yelled at the other's for scraping up my family for no reason, and for what? Mistaken Identity because a woman said hi to some miscreant who said hi first?
Fast forward three weeks later: I am off at the Utah Special Forces Military Academy with 10th Group Reservists training for desert shield deployment, then another two weeks for PLDC. I get to call Panty 6 each night, adn each night I hear the same story. "Every time I go out of th ehouse, a cop is following me, they keep driving by all slow and shit, what the fuck did we do???" We did nothing wrong. I let my CO and 1SG know, but they can do nothing about it. So I finally get home. The very next fucking day, fat ass uniform rolls by all slow giving us the evil eye. I wait because I still have to know. He is almost to the end of the block. I turn my back, hand behind me and give him the bird. Brake lights, and a full speed run right to my driveway, jumping out,"You got a problem son!?!?!"
"Fuck you pig, yeah I got a problem, what they fuck you doinhg hassling my fucking ol lady while I am off at military school, get your goddamned supervisor or sergeant over here now before I fuck you up you fuckin gpiece of shit!"
"You want to get arrested"
"Bring it bitch, come onto my property if you dare, I'll kick your fucking ass so bad you will wonder what truck fucked you up motherfucker!" So there we are, standing ther at a slight impass. He knows he fucked up, has no valid reason to come onto my property and we wait for th esupervisor. I tell Panty 6 to go inside and talk to my Mom(she is dating the chief of police at the time). Sarg shows up, asls what the problem is, and I try to explain quietly and peacefully that I do not like my wife being harrassed while I am away on military duty. Then his radio goes off. He talks quietly with rolled up wiondows for about five minutes. Then he comes out. He tells fat ass that we are not a problem and to leave. He apologises and tells us we will not be harrassed further. After that, no more issues.

As a cop, you demand respect. Fuck that. You get jack shit until you fucking earn it civilian. You come rolling up on me with attitude, you get it back ten times worse, but remember, I can outfight you, and outkickass you any day of the week because I am better trained than you. I have 40 years of training in martial arts, hand ot hand combat, and more subdue training than you do. You demand respect??? Mother fucker, YOU OWE MY FAMILY. You fucking owe my wife and kid a HUGE debt. WHen that is paid back in full, ya badge wearing civilian, you might get respect.

To those of you who I know, adn to who I have a very good relationship with, those of you who wear those badges the right way, adn work damned hard to overcome the shitbags you work with, you have the respect and admiration of this family because it is you who have stopped by while I was away to make sure everything was fine. It is you who lives down my street and asks how things are going when we walk by. You gents are teh good guys and you know damn well by the fact that you do shit right all the time you earn the respect you deserve. To the local detective who saw me go down, drove his SUV to block two lanes, and stopped me from getting hit by oncoming traffic, your rapid thinging and action get nothing short of the awe, respect, and admiration of my entire family for saving my ass that day when some fucktard hit my bike.
To the rest of you who weear a badge adn think you rate: Earn it. Do the right thing and keep clean. DOn;t fuck yourself like that college professor is telling you by liein gon the stand and making illegal searches look legal on paper and with 'little white lies'. That's just one more shithead teaching you how to be a bad cop and just one more piece of shit civilian with a badge.
Yeah, I earned my attitude. It was your fault I got this way too, so remember that. You made me. As I said, when my family gets that apology from 1989 I might just change my attitude on the rank and file, but not yet, I ain't done hating you for the fact that I got to see my beautiful wife and first son all cuffed up with scraped up faces for no reason </div></div>

You remind me of several people I know from my past enough to know that there's more to this then what you've stated. And I highly doubt your attitude towards cops or others in general started with this one incident...