• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Lawton 7500 competition???

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
Hey fellas i was in the market for a new action for a 30BR that our very own and gifted Jon Beanland is going to build for me. I racked my brain trying to come up with the proper action for the job. ( I know, it doesnt take much to rack my brain!! LOL!! ) Anyway after talking with Lawton and him offering me a heck of a deal i went with one. I ended up with a model 7500 with right bolt, left feed, right eject, single shot. They advertise this action as there competition action. I was hoping someone around here had some experience with this action. I have read some not so good reports of some actions that got out a few years back that had some trouble. If anyone here has one or has been around one i would like to know your opinion. Thanks Lee

Re: Lawton 7500 compaction???

hi i hvae one the same as yours with a 308 and mag bolt,
i 6mm Dasher, 308Win, 6mm55smc and 7mm Rem SAUM on the same action/stock and scope for F Class.

The actions are as well made as the other benchrest type actions out there but the only thing you are not paying for is a mirrir finished polish.

I am also a bit Biased as we import them into Australia but the facts hold true that the actions are as good in accuracy as any other stainless one piece action.

I own 3 or 4 lawtons a couple of nesikas a couple stiller predators, 5 or 6 bats and a bunch of remmys and some more stuff lawtons shoot and function as well as anything out there. I would consider having it coated if it is not already.

Lawton builds a heck of a strong action. I accidentally tried to blow one up. I failed, darn thing held together and I kept my eyes and my life.

I recieved My Lawton 7500 just a few weeks ago. So far Im extremely happy with it. IS also smooth as glass..

Only problem I have now is deciding wether i want another 7500 or the 8500 action for my next build.

Jerid

Its pretty impressive that the action was able to be used for anything more than a paper weight after that load when through it , thats a testiment to their quality.

that story give me goose bumps every time I think about it

I think the issues had to do with the bolts a few years back cause to save time he had another shop do the bolts when he go back up.

But now all bolts are made in shop to make sure that doesnt happen again

Re: Lawton 7500 competition???

Well I have three of there actions.I am well satisfied. Above where Eddybo said they are strong...Guys i have seen the barrel and action that he blew up...He is lucky to be here with us. If this would of been a Remmy i dont know what would happen...Put it this way i aint affraid to work up a load knowing that action is up there holding it all together. All the dimentions are spot on and square. Dont be fooled some other look pretty but dont start checking them???