• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lawton actions

Re: Lawton actions

Baldie, bro I thinks you asked a bad question!! There is a love-hate relationship here with Lawton. Some guys have had great experiences and some have not.
I hope you get some good feedback, I suspect it will be mixed, I'm just sayin!!

I kinda realised that Sir. I would just like to hear it, good or bad, and hope it doesn,t ruffle anyones feathers, especially the site owner, or mods.
I will be quite honest, and say this information is very important indeed.
Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would just like to hear it, good or bad,</div></div>

Bad

I called to inquire about a 7000 a couple of weeks ago and couldn't get an estimated lead time. Said they didn't know when the next run would take place. That tells me it's a quite a while.

smirk.gif

So my story, they were late by about 4 weeks on my build. When it finally got to me these were the problems:

1.) They didn't bother to mount the break I sent them, so the timing wasn't even close.
2.) Barrel had a bunch of gouges up and down it. First they blamed me, then they blamed the FFL, and finally UPS.
3.) Bolt Assembly was rusted all over.
4.) Would not fit my AICS Stock despite me asking them right at the beginning if it would be a drop in fit, and them saying yup.

Jackson the Shop Manager is a prick.

I purchased an 8500 from them the delivery was within the quoted time frame and, all other customer service was very good.

damn, hate to hear about all the bad experiences with them. I was going to purchase an action from them but after hearing all the negative remarks now im not so sure. however my cousin wants to sell me one of his custom lawton action equipped rifles, going up to shoot it this weekend. if all is good ill snatch it up
smile.gif

I just had to "adjust" some trigger pin holes to get pins thru a trigger? I was giving them another chance after my major headache two or three years ago. Three actions returned to get one that was OK to use. I wont do it again.

Jason

Had a Lawton in 300WSM. Was built on time, functions great, arrived as promised and had no problems. Was right before Barney passed away. Was happy with all my dealings.

Rifle is a laser, action is smooth as silk...
cool.gif

They were good by me. Before and after Barney died. His wife Moreen will be straight up with you. I was proactive in reminding them about the time frame they quoted me and all was good. They made some great actions as well!!
Guther

I have a Gap Crusader with a Lawton action in 308cal. Love it, but I can say I like the Surgeon action better. Custom builds suck, buy something already built ready to go out the door.

I just built 2 rifles on 7000 actions. Love it.. Order 2 7500 actions. 2 weeks ago should get them next week. When I ordered 2 barrels it did take 3 months but no big deal. I have waited longer from another company. I like their products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guther</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They were good by me. Before and after Barney died. His wife Moreen will be straight up with you.</div></div>

I don't think Moreen works there anymore. I've been calling about my build for 8 plus months and she hasn't answered the phone in about 4 months.

There are many other good custom actions out there. From what I have read I would never do business with them. If it was just a little thing here and there, well then so be it. But I have read some horror stories with these people.

That does not mean they dont make great actions though.

Thats just how I take it.

GG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guther</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They were good by me. Before and after Barney died. His wife Moreen will be straight up with you.</div></div>

I don't think Moreen works there anymore. I've been calling about my build for 8 plus months and she hasn't answered the phone in about 4 months. </div></div>

Maureen is not Barneys wife. She is just a friend of the family, and she does still work there. I just talked to her yesterday.

I'm sorry to hear the troubles you guys are haveing. Everything that I've received over the last 7-8 months have been top notch with no problems what so ever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I would agree with RWSGunsmithing. I haven't had any problems with them. Their actions are top notch. </div></div>

+1 from me again as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guther</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They were good by me. Before and after Barney died. His wife Moreen will be straight up with you.</div></div>

I don't think Moreen works there anymore. I've been calling about my build for 8 plus months and she hasn't answered the phone in about 4 months. </div></div>

Maureen is not Barneys wife. She is just a friend of the family, and she does still work there. I just talked to her yesterday.

I'm sorry to hear the troubles you guys are haveing. Everything that I've received over the last 7-8 months have been top notch with no problems what so ever.
</div></div>

No one's more sorry about it than me.