• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

lawton actions

Re: lawton actions

I have one that i just received. my builder advised that it is true and with in specs. ordered it march 1st and got it a week ago. the shroud appeared to have a bad thread so i called jackson and let him know what i found and he sent a new firing pin ass on monday of this week. i received the new ass yesterday. the bolt lift is very stiff compared to others i have seen. my problem is i have lost the confidence in the piece by what i have heard on the hide.

basically i am debating on just counting it as a loss and purchasing a different one or continuing my build with it.

what do ya'll think?

Well if your trying to sell it here then you are going to face a short visit on the Hide

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcpdshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what do ya'll think? </div></div>

I think that you may have a short stay here.

Would not try to sell anything that I would not want myself. I purchased this action before becoming a member of the hide so I think you can understand the magnitude of what I have learned since I have joined.
If only I would have joined in a month earlier then I would be much better off.
I really would like to send the thing back and ask for my money back but from what I have heard I am worried I would send it back and then not get my money back.
What I have is a nine hundred dollar self correcting problem.

Simple question
If the action is true and with in specs and taking into consideration that the bolt lift is very stiff is it worth continuing my build with it?
If it is not then I will use it as a trot line weight and buy the action from LA PRECISION?

I have a Gap Crusader with the 7000 action. It is very tight and will bind if not lubed properly. I ran my action and started liking it. I think you just need to use it. I now love the action.

Terryg thanks for your input I have just lost too much confidence in the action...going to send it back and hope that I get my money back...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcpdshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Terryg thanks for your input I have just lost too much confidence in the action...going to send it back and hope that I get my money back... </div></div>

IMHO you would be better off trying sell it here in the for sale section once your post count is high enough, Lawton has a bad history of not refunding money, or answering phones for that matter.

I had a Lawton Rifle and a bare action, from 2 years ago, and they were both top knotch. I know they have had their problems, but if it is good now, I would just use it, there a lot of fine rifles built around their actions.
SScott

I think that is what i will do. Thank you to the guys who have suffered though my painful posts...lol Really am trying hard not to be a dumb ass. Most have been a big help.